[CORRESPONDENCE] Post for Toshiro Yamagami

[CORRESPONDENCE] Post for Toshiro Yamagami

As winter leads to spring, let me write a letter of lightness. Perhaps it will grant us both a little peace, even as I turn my blade to keeping the peace here from shattering altogether. -Asa

View Full Article

71 Likes

This feels illegal to read…

:man_with_probing_cane:

28 Likes

Lore? In my Overwatch? Surely you jest!

60 Likes

Uh… guys… this is a hero hint…

28 Likes

Spoot, I don’t have time to read this whole thing but I’m excited! Skimming through it seems the Hashimoto are the fox-themed clan rivals to the Shimadas and are based out of Kanezaka. I wonder if this is only teasing the new map or if it’s also teasing either Asa or Toshiro as a future hero.

3 Likes

Yeah, but probably no more heroes until OW2… In like May or November.

5 Likes

IF ITS A HERO HINT then it MUST be fox girl please

12 Likes

Remember this was said before Covid-19

3 Likes

Or is it Yui and her dog Mochi? Cause on e of the 4 silhouette heroes was a girl with a 4 pronged blade weapon and a small animal follower

4 Likes

Either a hero hint or an upcoming short story about someone who has ties to Genji/Hanzo

Or maybe just to build up hype for the new map

14 Likes

I guess. It is possible for instance they are just letting an OW2 hero launch early.

Like they probably did with Echo.

7 Likes

Honestly expecting a repeat year…

3 Likes

LORE Pog.

5 Likes

Oh… forgot about that. I hope its hype for a new map AND a hero hint at the same time

5 Likes

probably, or give us a closed/open beta of OW2 that we can try and tinker with until they release it on their “Blizzard Time”

2 Likes

If it is just to build up hype for a map we knew we were getting soon, I’ll be kinda sad.

But I have high hopes. Every other time we got a teaser that was a written letter, it was for a new hero, or something big (like a new Archives mission)

6 Likes

I AM GETTING HYPED UP. (even though most of us have yet to read the letter)

10 Likes

It’s kinda early for a hero hint if Blizzcon will have a hero release

2 Likes

The very direct and clear emphasis the wife put on “the Yamagami blades” being sharp and well made

along with

“Yui and her dog Mochi” and “Not even the most faithful dog could take such a beating without biting back”

is screaming strong chances at this being a tease for the map’s live release AND the OW2 release of the 4-pronged blade weapon + animal follower female hero silhouette from after Blizzcon 2019 that was seen at Blizz HQ

13 Likes

“You don’t put quill to parchment, with a heavy hand… but a heavy heart.”

2 Likes