(Corona) ALL OWL events in March-April cancelled!

Honestly with half of the OWL cities being under red zone this was the only way. Lets hope the situation will be better until May.

12 Likes

with the god emperor of mankind as president i doubt it will get better any time soon.

2 Likes

Donā€™t do that, thereā€™s only one god-emperor and his name is Leto Atreides.

Good news, the matches themselves will be played, from the Commissioner:

I am going to fairly warn everyone in advance:

10 Likes

this is some good knews, yay technology

Skovald?

Thats a good news. Dedicated server?

Most likely all teams are returning to L.A. and will play in a private studio. We already know most Pacific West teams are there.

The problem is that Pacific East teams are stuck in their respective countries.

6 Likes

Dont bring politics into this. Plus, his name is Emhyr var Emreis (The White Flame Dancing On The Grave Of His Enemies to YOU, peasant)

5 Likes

Oh. Lets hope it doesnt go against quality that much.

As a follow up according to individual posts from various teams, it sounds like refunds are being issued to those who purchase tickets. I will try to have information in my pinned thread avaialble.

6 Likes

Is it new or the mods opened it back?

Not my thread about the cancellations itself that got overran by trolls (that is staying locked), just the streaming guide thread which has been pinned since the start of the season.

1 Like

Oh come on!?!

We are not bringing The Black Sun into this

1 Like

It seems like it was bad luck for OWL to switch to home game events this year, but even if they didnā€™t theyā€™d probably have to cancel matches anyway. Wasnā€™t this season supposed to be the make or break season? Slightly concerningā€¦ I hope they consider doing fanless online matches. My university just switched to online so OWL should too lmao

Edit: just saw they said theyā€™re still broadcasting

2 Likes

This is the most ignorant statement Iā€™ve read here in a while. This isnā€™t good for anyone who enjoys this game and anyone who understands how OWL works knows that nobodyā€™s being ignored in favor of the league.

3 Likes

At least theyā€™ll still be broadcast

Honestly itā€™s not very surprisingā€¦seems like many sporting events are headed towards thisā€¦

Italy cancelled soccer, nba is mulling it over though I hear today that the warriors will now be doing thisā€¦I believe the ncaa is now doing this for March madnessā€¦

Itā€™s pretty crazy honestly

1 Like

To each their own opinion. Judging from the likes on my post (currently the most liked post in the thread), Iā€™d say a lot of people agree

Judging from the likes id say thereā€™s a lot of ignorant people on hereā€¦they literally just put money aside for the safety of their fans and your take is ā€œgood I hope they lose moneyā€???..Iā€™m surprised you didnā€™t wish they get infected tooā€¦

4 Likes

Why would I wish that ā€œtheyā€ (whoever youā€™re referring to) would get infected?

1. Blizzard Employees? - Itā€™s not their fault that the company they work for doesnā€™t care about their active user baseā€¦
  2. OWL Fans? - I donā€™t understand why they like OWL so much, but Iā€™m sure they all play the game just as I do.
  3. OWL Players? - They play the game just as I do as well.

If the Company ā€œActivision-Blizzardā€ itself could catch the virus, then yes, I would wish it.