(Corona) ALL OWL events in March-April cancelled!

Most likely all teams are returning to L.A. and will play in a private studio. We already know most Pacific West teams are there.

The problem is that Pacific East teams are stuck in their respective countries.

6 Likes

Dont bring politics into this. Plus, his name is Emhyr var Emreis (The White Flame Dancing On The Grave Of His Enemies to YOU, peasant)

5 Likes

Oh. Lets hope it doesnt go against quality that much.

As a follow up according to individual posts from various teams, it sounds like refunds are being issued to those who purchase tickets. I will try to have information in my pinned thread avaialble.

6 Likes

Is it new or the mods opened it back?

Not my thread about the cancellations itself that got overran by trolls (that is staying locked), just the streaming guide thread which has been pinned since the start of the season.

1 Like

Oh come on!?!

We are not bringing The Black Sun into this

1 Like

It seems like it was bad luck for OWL to switch to home game events this year, but even if they didn’t they’d probably have to cancel matches anyway. Wasn’t this season supposed to be the make or break season? Slightly concerning… I hope they consider doing fanless online matches. My university just switched to online so OWL should too lmao

Edit: just saw they said they’re still broadcasting

2 Likes

This is the most ignorant statement I’ve read here in a while. This isn’t good for anyone who enjoys this game and anyone who understands how OWL works knows that nobody’s being ignored in favor of the league.

3 Likes

At least they’ll still be broadcast

Honestly it’s not very surprising…seems like many sporting events are headed towards this…

Italy cancelled soccer, nba is mulling it over though I hear today that the warriors will now be doing this…I believe the ncaa is now doing this for March madness…

It’s pretty crazy honestly

1 Like

To each their own opinion. Judging from the likes on my post (currently the most liked post in the thread), I’d say a lot of people agree

Judging from the likes id say there’s a lot of ignorant people on here…they literally just put money aside for the safety of their fans and your take is “good I hope they lose money”???..I’m surprised you didn’t wish they get infected too…

4 Likes

Why would I wish that “they” (whoever you’re referring to) would get infected?

1. Blizzard Employees? - It’s not their fault that the company they work for doesn’t care about their active user base…
  2. OWL Fans? - I don’t understand why they like OWL so much, but I’m sure they all play the game just as I do.
  3. OWL Players? - They play the game just as I do as well.

If the Company “Activision-Blizzard” itself could catch the virus, then yes, I would wish it.

Not to mention that every dollar they lose on OWL will make the progression of developing OW2 worse. Those who want OWL dead currently are against of getting OW2 faster and in a more complete shape.

2 Likes

What kind of person wishes that someone else gets a deadly virus?
Think about what you just said…

1 Like

Why aren’t you in OWL, God Emperor of Mankind?

1 Like

Putin already prevented a Corona Virus outbreak in Russia, what false god are you refferring to?

If only there was some kind of international computer network…

1 Like

That had a latency less than 30ms… that would be a pretty damn good idea. Sadly we’re still in the 21st century.

It’s a shame you wish a company would die and tens of thousands of people lose their jobs. Really good person you are.

1 Like