Continuous Server Issues

Good afternoon,

Sorry if I come off a bit disgruntled, but I’d like to ask Blizzard a question. Are you really not able to develop software that detects if a player was disconnected because of an issue with YOUR server? I continue to receive competitive bans because Blizzards network engineers can’t keep a server online.

This also affects ELO, and just the general mood of people that support this game. Do you guys not do proper load balancing? It honestly doesn’t seem too difficult to swap TCP connections over to a new server with a copied database if issues are detected. If that’s too much data being copied over and will affect game performance then at least develop something to detect if someone left because of your server crashing, or if they actually left on purpose.

Just sloppy engineering,

Thanks.

1 Like

How do you know it was issue on their server? If server has issue, whole match is usualy canceled.

Because when I get back in game and everyone in general chat is talking about how they got kicked off I think it’s safe to assume it’s on you guys.

4 Likes

Match would not exist anymore if everyone was kicked off, even if only one team would be so try again.

Hum strange how this is happening to so many people if it “cancels”.

Kind of funny how the developers don’t read the technical support board isn’t it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get it, but people like to blame “server” for almost every lost connection which is not the case at all.

I completely understand that, I work in a related field, so I most definitely get it. It’s easy to blame the server, but it’s also easy to blame the users internet.

2 Likes

Only server issues I ever experience is often when new event starts. But normaly I have something to blame on blizz server very rarely.

Maybe a regional thing with specific servers? I’m currently located in the eastern region of the US. I’m really not sure, but I do know for the past couple of months I keep seeing multiple people in general chat saying that they just got kicked from a game due to a disconnect. (Exactly when I get disconnected) When I’m saying multiple people, I mean at least 4 or 5 at the same time in general chat. Maybe it’s just a bunch of disgruntled friends, but normally general chat is separate for even friends. (Please correct me if I’m wrong.)

Idk, I play from EU. Sometime even on US servers from EU.

Sounds like EU has better servers than the US. :slight_smile: I’m sure it’s just a bunch of Virtual Machines hosted on a hypervisor. However, host migration is a thing.

EU has probably more players too.

But community is garbage.

1 Like

I would have to agree with that, in result they probably spend more time fortifying the backbone of the network. Blizzard should just move to Azure if they can’t manage their own server farm.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a ridiculous amount of disconnects too, enough where it can’t be their own internet cutting out.

There have been WAY more server disconnects after the last cpl patches. I’ve never had server issues until now and it’s every day i’m being kicked. Never have this isue with any other game either. So yea, it’s been blizzard and they’ve been notorious for having some of the worst net code on the planet with overwatch. that’s why you had to do so much b.s. to even play the game when it first came out up until about 1.5 years ago. seems like its doing it again though.

Just had the same thing happen to. Kicked me out mid match, said server crashed, so i went back in couldnt rejoin but was able to type with team mates lol.

400mbs speed and hardwired, all other devices and youtube etc… still running when this happened. Gona have to say its a blizzard issue.