Continuing Misrank Bronze 5 Placements

This is my fourth season. This is the fourth season my account is stuck in Bronze 5. This is not a skill issue. I played AGAIN this season, hoping the new competitive tweaks would help, and nope. My boyfriend’s new account placed Bronze 1 in DMG and I placed Bronze 5 in Healing. We matched all games. I was top healer in stats all games - even outranking the enemy team.

When is this bug going to be fixed? What is the point in playing when my account is frozen in Bronze 5 no matter how I perform? This is what makes players leave the platform. I have literal photo proof that this a bug on my account thanks to Blizzard’s new placement information seen on the ranking screen, but this forum does not let me add a photo or even links to the photos. (Though there is a tool for hyperlinks??) The megathread from October 5th 2022 is still kicking with complaints and still no response from Blizzard. I’m so done with this.

Updated - Added links to pictures and added spacing so it would save. Additionally you can see that I am the minimum for Bronze 5 in both photos indicating REGARDLESS of my abilities or scoring I am stuck in place. Also, side note, how is there a minimum for Bronze 5?

https:// imgur .com/ a/S6pBx8O
https:// imgur .com/ a/Y22FKaD

7 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. A link to my post in case you would like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

1 Like

Just to update this thread. We went 5 - 1 my partner and I after initial placement thinking, hey maybe it just needed a new round. Same dynamic. He’s damage. I’m healer. Max healer stats in team/overall. I even received PGs. He is now Silver 4 and I’m still Bronze 5. At this point dude just give me a refund of the whole game, seasons, accessories, etc…so I can start a new account. This is not okay and any other game company would have addressed this by now since it’s been since release with me making MULTIPLE bug reports SINCE RELEASE. Can’t even talk to customer service about it.

1 Like

I literally just won 5 games and only lost 1 and still bronze 5… unbelievable

1 Like

Wanted to reply directly to you - thank you for your thread. You are doing work on this forum and have been since release. You also pointed me to the megathread on my last season 3 post under bug thread and never seem to miss a beat here. We do deserve what we earn. The players make this game with our money and so far we aren’t being appreciated as such in my honest opinion. I understand difficulties in developments, faulty launches or patches, complications with a very large player base, but it’s been 6 months. Six months with your thread being added to on the same issues. I play other games (Destiny 2, APEX, Valorant) and have never experienced this level of lack in addressing core issues by the developer. I want to play this game. I want to love this game. Please just address the megathread OW2

1 Like

It’s unfortunate, but you are so deep down in bronze 5 that you would need to win 50 or more games in a row to get out. Your “SR” is currently Sub 500.

I’m pretty sure that someone else could get your account out of bronze and that would prove that it can be done.

1 Like

To reiterate, this is ongoing since the first Season of OW2 along with other issues that I’m sure compounded such as my long absence between OW1 and OW2. I stopped playing OW1 in 2019? Ended at I believe Plat but lets say Gold at minimum. Returned for Ow2 and merged.
How can any player be Sub 500 in a game that came out 6 months ago who has not played any games since ranking in OW1? Does that make sense to you? New accounts don’t start Sub 500. I’ve played initial ranking games only in OW2 because this is a BUG. Also if this were the only issue here, why would my “value” stay at the minimum value no matter the win/loss ratio? I would atleast move in point value if it truly were just the issue of me winning games.

Edited to clarify - initial ranking games plus some competitive climbing attempts that all resulted in the same issue but never season long (less than 30 a season). Some attempts in Season 3 were flawless attempts 5/0 and 5/0 with remaining in Bronze 5. My ticket is still open for those in this thread.

2 Likes

I’m not ruling out bugs at this point considering everything that’s happening with the new season now, but are you 100% positive you have a positive win rate? Your web profile’s showing negative win rates on every support hero, but I don’t fully trust the web profiles either so I’d rather ask.

Point is, if you’re bronze 5 with an negative win rate, you will not climb. If you’re bronze 5 with a positive win rate, it’s likely a bug.

When transferring over from OW1 to OW2, players that haven’t played in a long time received a severe SR penalty that deranked most players by about ranks. I personally play very often and I was deranked from Plat to silver.

If you were gold then it makes sense that you got deranked by 2 ranks and ended up in bronze. This was also compounded by the fact that you didn’t play the game for a couple years.

That’s because your underlying SR value is probably still below the “500SR” mark. That notation will only go away once you reach roughly “600SR”.

It is going to take you a while to grind out of bronze 5. The system is just flawed.

It’s positive - not sure what stat tracker you are using or if my whole account is not right since merge. Wouldn’t be surprised.

I also swap between PC and xbox frequently - no overwatch tracker has ever listed any input from my console.

To further on past the theory of me being penalized for not playing that much between OW 1 & 2 - I’m Silver in Open Queue. Which OW1 was solely open queue the majority of the time I played so if I was being penalized it would follow through no matter competitive game mode. The system is a bug - I might have had penalties for not playing but by now I should’ve ranked out of that most definitely in role queue. Even more so now that they are supposedly eliminating past and current affects on rank/skill tier to better match MMR.

1 Like

WiddleRie: I’m glad you appreciate my efforts. None of these issues will be solved if people aren’t vocal about them so if the others in this thread could, any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated as well. As far as I know, statistics for merged accounts from different platforms were also supposed to be merged, but having bugs with accurate data display is also another common bug that has been addressed, but has yet to be fixed.

JAMES0N: If winrate is in fact positive and if a sufficient amount of games are played, then yes you should eventually climb above Bronze 5, or sub 500 SR as it used to be. However, this assumes the new subdivision system fundamentally operates the same way as the old SR system did, and that your account is not experiencing the bug which prevents your rank from adjusting. If so, then no amount of skill or play time can cause the rank to be adjusted correctly. The devs have claimed to fixed a similar bug a few months ago which had reranked players to Bronze 5 independent of winrate and player performance. However, as has been rather evident, such as with career profile statistics, bugs are not always permanently fixed and can return or remanifest through different mechanisms…What isn’t in doubt however is that this system is deeply flawed and the Devs need to address this and all these other bugs I’ve compiled all these months.

Clarence: Web profiles have been rather buggy as well, so I wouldn’t trust them to display accurate data. Unfortunately, I haven’t been monitoring those bugs, so I’m not sure when they started to become this way. And as for the comment about winrate, yes that is how competitive ranks are designed to function, but sometimes, the system experiences bugs and those need to be voiced and so that they can be addressed.

I have exactly the same problem. I cant get out of B5 even with a positive winrate or while playing with friends in Silver or Gold Lobbys.
It doesnt matter if i win 5 Games in Gold 4-2 and loose 2 in the same Lobbys or if i win 5 and lose 4. It only shows me that i`m in the worst spot at B5. It just really makes no sense bc in quickplay I got ranked up this season to S1 and my main role is support.
I dont know its just so tilting bc i cant play with my friends in role queue anymore. They climb and we perform similarly but i cant get out of there.
I actually looked at my OW tracker and i dont get it.
i´m dps S4 with a negative winrate (7-16) but sup B5 with a positive winrate (50-48) i even have a 60% winrate with ana in comp but this changes nothing…
I really dont understand how this can be happening… my friends even offered to not play ranked anymore so we can play together more and so that i could actually play my main role.

I´m so disappointed in Blizzard for not adressing stuff like this since OW2 came out. This is a problem that needs fixing and i really hope that something will be done soon.

1 Like

catch this… my buddy is bronze 5 we just went 5-0 i moved from silver 4 to silver 2 and he stayed bronze 5

1 Like

To no one’s surprise, yet another manifestation of the Bronze 5 has spawned. This time, players are being told “You are at the minimum value for this rank” after reranking, regardless of winrate or individual performance. This is completely unacceptable. If you would like to read more and help bump up this bug, I’ve compiled a list of similar posts in my megathread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

It’s definitely a bug I’m over a 60% win rate on moria I’ve done 4 sets of 5 wins and it’s telling me I’m the minimum level for the rank. So frustrating I was also stuck on the Initial launch for ever as well

1 Like

Have the same issue and it ruins the whole game for me. Please, Overwatch, after 2x 5-0 winstreak I have to get in better ranks than BRONZE 5!

I got reranked 4 times now and still, no bronze 4. It just says I’m at the lower end of the rank. This is just frustrating. I have paid roughly 100$ in this game just for this? I’m sorry but I’m very upset because currently I’m just wasting time. :frowning:

1 Like

Same here. I know I lost a few games, but I’m overall winning now. And I mean doing full on 5 wins 0 losses sets. Sometimes maybe 1 or 2 losses but that’s it. I don’t get the point of the game «adjusting» after the 5 wins - 15 losses if it’s not gonna adjust. There’s games when, as a support, I have the most kills, Damage, Heals, least deaths and STILL haven’t been able to get out of Bronze 5. I’ve been playing in Bronze 4 lobbies or even Silver lobbies with the same results and nothing. It’s baffling to me. Like, if it’s not the number of wins or the in-game-numbers then what are we supposed to do to climb? I’m at a total loss.

1 Like

I think this is happening to me? But I imagine a lot of ppl would rather believe this than accepting that they’re not actually good, so I might be one of those.

I don’t really know enough about the ranking system, but when I first started playing when OW2 came out (I never played OW1) I climbed from bronze 5 to bronze 1 or 2 in all categories within a month or two. I’ve continued to learn and improve (saying that pretty objectively, as I have friends ranked silver through diamond who confirm this for me), and I now can’t get out of bronze 5 to save my life. Wondering if maybe I just had good luck at the start and now they have more of my game data to go off of now and I truly am bronze 5, but I frequently have the least deaths in every match, even as Mercy, and often the most healing. I play mostly Moira and Mercy, so I know getting the most heals isn’t particularly difficult, but when I play as Ana I generally get the most heals as well.

I know the ranking system is complicated and there are a lot more factors at play than just wins, deaths, and heals, but damn …it’s definitely a little discouraging. Wondering if I’m a victim of this bug as well.

1 Like

It is crazy that stuff like this is still happening and then the write a blogpost about “the only constant in all your games is you”. Oh yeah and also the bugs are constant apparently :frowning:
I am lucky that I haven’t had this bug. I am not very good at comp, but it would be so unbelievable discouraging to just be stuck like this for 4 seasons.

1 Like

Hi, I wanted to update after a lot of reading and playing.
As far as I’ve read, seems like the competitive rank «matched» the «mmr» rank, so it positioned everyone where they belonged. In my case, I had a couple of games lost more than the won ones, so after I surpassed the number and kept winning, I got a «you are ranked higher than X% of players in this rank». I kept the wins and after a streak, I got promoted easily.

I’m now out of Bronze and leveling without much problem, so all I can suggest is check the total of games won vs lost and just play a lot. The streaks help a bunch so try to get those as they’ll pump the rank a whole lot.

Good luck to everyone too!

2 Likes