Contenders skins :c

This is just a rant, but I’m so sad I’m not going to be able to get the contenders skins. All of them start so late in EST and I have school so I can’t stay up until 1 am and 12 and stuff. Rant finished, if you have any suggestions you can leave them. ;c

5 Likes

What country are you from? I imagine there’s regions that’d be a good time

1 Like

USA. (post apparently needs 20 characters so this is here)

Na contenders I think starts at the end of Oct

Oh. It says the hours reset at the end of the month so I figured the Sym and Mercy skins would be gone at the end of this month. Thank you!

What I would do is set an alarm, get it streaming and leave it on while you’re sleeping. I did this for NA games of overwatch league because they carried on past midnight for me in the UK

4 Likes

It’s in progress now, you can start earning skins, etc. Read the site posted in the link in the launcher.

1 Like

I think that’s the case, but from the looks of the schedule there’s 16 hours of NA Contenders in October. Still, considering you need 15 hours to get both skins, that leaves pretty much no wiggle room if you need to do any troubleshooting…

3 Likes

You can try opening the page before you go to bed and leaving it on overnight. Then you get the credit and you don’t have to spend several hours watching Contenders (unless you want to, in which case the vods should be available).

3 Likes

The Contenders website isn’t very intuitive. It says there was a quarter finals and semi finals game yesterday but absolutely no links to live videos or even any mention of it.

2 Likes

hOW DO I WATCH IT? This site it awful. I cant find the stream!

6 Likes

It’s over now. The next set matches will be next week.

When they are live next time you should see the stream on the front page.

2 Likes

Oh right thanks!. I had it up, then it disappeared. I thought the broadcast was until 3pm BST from 7am. I was so annoyed. I hate this site. Why does it have to be so many hours?! If it hasnt been working all this time and I dont get the sym drop I might not be able to get them. The hours are too much and theres no counter or anything!

2 Likes

There are plenty before the end of October. There’s one on October 20.

2 Likes

I can’t remember who linked me to this site for the schedule, but it works much better for me: https://www.over.gg/

Thanks to those people!

(Although that Team CC vs EAG match is over and not live. I thought it was, but it turns out the site automatically moved me over to a VOD once the game ended.)

3 Likes

So I just go to contenders home page, leave it on and that’s it?

For in the future, if you make a post under 20 characters you can put some random letters or a hidden sentence in those arrows that you can type, for example see here.

If someone has put the arrows to hide a sentence, you can see it by clicking reply and then the speech bubble next to the bold/italic options.

3 Likes

No, there’ll be a video to play. I got up at seven a.m., started the video, then went back to bed.

1 Like

Do Chinese matches count? I heard something about them not counting?

2 Likes

I have no idea. Oh no, please don’t tell me that’s true. :unamused:

1 Like