Contenders Rewards

Have anyone received the Mercy and Sym skins? This question is especially for someone who have had problems with the OWL tokens (just like me). I’m afraid I have the same trouble with the skins just like the tokens. So, anyone who had trouble with the OWL tokens has received the skins?

1 Like

I don’t have trouble receiving OWL tokens, watched all the contenders stuff and still didn’t get the Sym skin :woman_shrugging:

I was around 1 hour late on the previous stream but I think I’ve watched 7 hours in total by now.

I’m going to wait another hour just to be sure but I am starting to become worried.

3 Likes

Nothing has shown up for me as well. This is why I always get a jump start on these events because they usually don’t work out in the beginning and waiting until the deadline is just too risky.

1 Like

Its far too long with nothing to confirm how much you’ve watched and what counts…
Its honestly kinda stressful

6 Likes

No one should have the Mercy skin yet. The total watch time of Contenders streams with rewards is about 8 hours. 6 1/2 from the last stream and the last ~2 hours it’s been live today. That being said I would die for the website to show you how many hours you’ve watched and what skins you’ve earned on a progress bar or something.

2 Likes

If you started last week then for sure we all should have the Symmetra skin by now. Last week was 6.5 hours and today has been about 1.45 hours.

Exactly.
They should make a timeline graphic just below the stream showing how many hours you’ve watched so far and how far away you are from earning the skins.

It will also ensure us that watch time is indeed being counted ofc, and we will no longer have to hope and pray that things behind the scenes are working as intended.

3 Likes

YES THIS!
I have had it open and I would like to know if my time is being wasted or not

Idk. I always found the website untrustable when it comes to drops so I’m not surprised no one has the sym skin. Unless…

My internet is at normal speeds, yet the website refuses to load the live stream for 1 hour even with the lowest quality. Troubleshooting tips were given but none have done anything. I have been really stressed as I really want the mercy skins and I’m worried that I can’t get them because the only way to earn them is the website (WHICH DOSENT WORK)

I wouldn’t be surprised if rewards are delayed … as this was what happened pretty much every time I used website for OWL…

Only time I ever got anything right away was via app and we don’t have that option for contenders

2 Likes

I am praying they will bring the Contenders streams to the OWL app one day. Drops so far have only worked for me on that app. I do not trust their website at all with drops.

Perhaps the OWL & Contenders can merge into one mobile app named “Overwatch Esports”, where you can find both Contenders & OWL news, streams etc…

2 Likes

That would make sense - so it is most probably not going to happen :upside_down_face:

The OWL App was still starting the stream 10 minutes late even for the finals, so I can’t get rid of the feeling, that right now there is no one doing any actual work to improve the app.

I thought OWL tokens were bad since you had to wait an hour to tell if they’re working, 7 is just horrible

1 Like

That’s what hapoened to me. I could only earn OWL tokens via app, each time I tried to watch it in the web I received no tokens

oh i did get them…just not right away…sometimes a day or 2 later

it would be nice if there was SOMETHING we got on shorter intervals…even if it has no value…just so we know its working

I use firefox and I have the same problem so I switched to mobile and it works there.
I also tried to watch the stream with chrome and it worked but I wasn’t able to log in.
Let’s pray to Jeff it counts now. :pray:

So, I just got the Symmetra Skins. Looks like it is just delayed a bit.

What platform are you on?