Contenders Gauntlet - Element Mystic vs. Talon Esports - Group A Match 1 - FINAL

Element Mystic

Talon Esports

Final Score • First to Three

Victory!

Watch Live on Twitch

Rules of Overwatch Contenders Gaunlet:

Group Stage - Double Elimination
  • Eight of the ten teams are split in two groups of four.
  • Champions of North America (as decided by a tiebreaker) and Korea will bypass Group Stage.
  • Top three (3) teams of each group advance to Finals. Bottom team is eliminated.

Finals - Double Elimination
  • 8 teams (champions of North America and Korea, as well as top three of each group) in a double elimination bracket.
  • All matches are first-to-3, except for winners' finals, losers' finals and Gauntlet finals, which are first-to-4.

Other details
  • Patch: 1.40.0.1.
  • First map is control preselected by the tournament.
  • For the every map in succession, the team that lost the previous round select the next map. The winning team will select to whether attack or defend. In the event of a draw, the selections goes to the most recent previous round that did not end in a draw.

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules

• This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch Esports match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch, Overwatch Esports, or Blizzard Esports directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • Any user may share Twitch Clips as you clip them of the match in progress to share with everyone.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

No rewards (including OWL tokens) are available for watching this stream.
3 Likes

I forgot about the Gauntlet. :open_mouth:

I might have to watch vods tomorrow.

Yea thanks for the heads up, had no clue the gauntlet was going on tonight. Definitely gonna watch some if I can.

Glad I can help…

My pick this match is Element Mystic. They are one of the few organizations that beat the Vancouver Titan’s roster (formerly Team Runaway).

Looks like the first map is Busan.

Oh I was looking for this but didn’t know it was today, you’re helpful as always! Thank you!

They really should have gotten the 1.41 patch live… like… last week… #NerfDoomfist

1 Like

Talon has players from HK, I hope they’re doing alright.

Also gotta love twitch chat today

SPAM

:ping_pong:

THIS

PONG

TO

FREE

HONG

KONG

We might have an upset alert brewing…

After Map 1 • First to Three

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Watch Live on Twitch

LMAO that Sigma ulting the death blossom onto himself.

RIP

What are those guys with boards behind the players noting?

Refs. The Overwatch League refers document a lot of things like making sure each player is keeping their hands where they can see them.

1 Like

After Map 2 • First to Three

-
-
-
-
-
-

Watch Live on Twitch

1 Like

Gogora threw that rock with such gusto, what a beautiful hit.

I am actually quite entertained with this match… even if it is mirror double shields.

After Map 3 • First to Three

-
-
-
-

Watch Live on Twitch

The Pharah is indeed mighter than the McCree…

After Map 4 • First to Three

-
-

Watch Live on Twitch

1 Like

Weird Tracer pick…