Constant, random disconnects from game server

I know it’s a pretty common problem you see in the forms a lot, but I feel like I’ve tried everything to fix the disconnects at this point.

(Sorry for this being such a long post)

Like the title says I’ve been getting disconnected from the game server very constantly yet randomly for the past few months. I play on PC now but I used to play on Xbox and I had the same problem there, but all it took to fix was forwarding a few ports. I tried the same for PC but no luck.

The only sorta pattern I’ve noticed is that when I disconnect if I try to rejoin the game right way (like to try to get back into the comp game I was playing) the game will run at a much lower, more unstable, FPS. It will jump back and forth between 20 to 50 frames (opposed to a stable 100+ frames I usually get). And then it will kick me again, usually only 2 minutes or so after the first disconnect.

Things I’ve tried:
Port forwarding, Repair/Reinstall of the game, Updating gpu drivers, Switching from playing with a Ethernet connection to wifi (just to see if it made a difference), Getting a technician to come out from my ISP to check the connection, Disabling game DVR in the Xbox windows 10 app (which apparently was a thing causing connection issues for some people), and obviously resetting my router many, many times. These were all the things I could remember trying.

When my IPS technician came out he checked the internet connection history, the out side cable connection, and even replaced our router. But if anything the disconnects have gotten worse.

The disconnecting problem has gotten so bad that I can’t even play comp with friends anymore because I will most likely get disconnected the first game we play. And I get constant xp penalty from getting kick mid QP game.

Please if you any suggestions I’d love to hear them. I just want to make the game playable again.

4 Likes

Thank you for listing your troubleshooting steps taken so far. At this point it is more reasonable to assume there is something between you and the game server causing the problem. So at this point connection tests such as a WinMTR test will help localize the problem and recommendations can be given on how to resolve it.

I realize that there is not much you can do when these kinds of issues occur when it’s between then IPS and your servers, but is there any way for the server to know when these disconnects are unintentional so the account doesn’t get penalized?

5 Likes

There is no way for the game server to tell the difference between a technical malfunction and from a person deliberately causing a disconnection by unplugging a router or ethernet cable.

Please, fix the LA servers.

Still happening July 2018!

I’m in LA and get random disconnects from ethernet and wifi only while playing Overwatch. It usually only happens during competitive games and often right after I’ve entered a match or after an attack/offense has finished and we’re switching sides. Lost 150 SR within an hour. I’ve tried all the fixes.

3 Likes

Same with me man, DCs happen only on OW any other online game runs smoothly without DCs.
Can’t play comp. since you’d lose 50SR + get queue ban.
Tried everything also.
Did a tracert, whats bugging me is lines 13/14/15 never seen these amount of time outs before and it appears to be servers in blizzard’s cluster.
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 26 ms 40 ms 37 ms 200.1.111.249
4 15 ms 14 ms 17 ms 200.1.107.101
5 13 ms 13 ms 19 ms 200.1.111.22
6 67 ms 64 ms 73 ms 63.245.3.250
7 59 ms 69 ms 62 ms xe-3-1-0.0-boca-raton.fl.us.brx-teracore01.cwc .com [63.245.5.224]
8 62 ms 65 ms 65 ms mai-b2-link.telia .net [80.239.132.26]
9 81 ms 89 ms 89 ms atl-b22-link.telia .net [62.115.136.166]
10 86 ms 89 ms 89 ms blizzard-ic-322965-atl-b22.c.telia .net [213.248.78.161]
11 87 ms 85 ms 82 ms ae1-br01-eqat2.blizzardonline .net [137.221.75.33]
12 102 ms 99 ms 99 ms xe-0-0-0-0-br01-eqda6.blizzardonline .net [137.221.65.48]
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 137 ms 129 ms 129 ms be1-pe02-eqla1.blizzardonline .net [137.221.68.69]
17 133 ms 129 ms 137 ms 24.105.30.129

1 Like

This game is trying to do whatever they can to make me stop playing. Keep kicking me out from a competitive game saying disconnected as if something happened to my internet and then suspend me for a while because why I quit?! Instead of making people to evaluate each other try to maintain your disgusting servers.

5 Likes

This is still happening. Was hoping after the Hammond update it would be fixed. Can’t play a single game without being disconnected and the IC-305 code being thrown. Please fix this!!!

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cannot log in to game

Purchased on the xbox.
Played for days to hit level 25.
Server disconnect on my 1st competitive match. Rejoined the match.
Received another lovely server disconnect.
Got banned for 10 min… this makes no sense…

I don’t have this issue when playing on my PS4 -_-*

Also reporting the same issue as many others in this thread. No connectivity issues or changes in ping. Just a sudden and random disconnect. I’m usually able to reconnect pretty quickly, but I will often lose crucial ults/ult charge during competitive games. Have also lost two endorsement ranks and a decent amount of SR (when it happens at the start of games) because of this problem. Tried all the troubleshoot fixes as well. Please help or I might just stop playing this game.

But if half the players of a game gets dropped, there must be some kind of problem on the game server. I am talking solo Q !!!

not every server answers ping requests.

This problem never used to be this bad for me… Yeah, I would occasionally get disconnected but that was like 1 in 20 games. I could live with that.
But now I’m getting disconnected IN THE MENUS and WHILE IN QUEUE. I, just now, tried to join a game via the LFG system but got disconnected 12 times (before I could even join a game) before I gave up.
I’ve tried so many fixes, all to no avail. I’m getting sick of this, to the point of wanting to quit Overwatch completely.

Hey there, I don’t think your disconnection issues are related to that of the original poster. Please be mindful of the date of the last post made before making a reply. That being said, there are no major issues reported at this time. As such start with these steps if you have not already:

If nothing there helps, please start a new topic so your issues can be handled individually.

I am starting to have these issues today, despite the fact that I was able to log on and play World of Warcraft with no issues just yesterday. Now today, I’m unable to connect to Warcraft or Overwatch, either failing to log into the games at all and kicking me off before getting into the menus, or letting me in and kicking me off shortly after in the case of Overwatch, or just failing to finish loading from a loading screen despite being allowed to sit for 15 minutes in the case of World of Warcraft. I tried reinstalling the blizzard app, deleting addons, clearing caches, and even reverted to an older version of Windows 10 under the idea that it was potentially an update causing this, but this has also resolved nothing. I have no idea what left to try other than reinstalling the games which is probably next.

Ikolo, please pay attention to the date of the most recent forum reply you are posting on. The thread you replied to is more than a year old and will not be related to your specific issue.

For your issue, this may be related to a mass connection issue that most players are experiencing. Please head to this forum thread instead.