Constant lost connection to game server

Tried everything in Overwatch 2 Disconnection Problems - Blizzard Support. post, did not work at all, only happens on overwatch

19 Likes

Could you describe this issue further? Are you just getting kicked out mid game or does it say “lost connection to game server” every time you try to sign in.

4 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue. All I get is “lost connection to game server” before it promptly reconnects. However this has happened multiple times now, even while the rest of my internet connection remains steady. Now it’s resulted in a comp ban for 15 min for no fault of my own. Can’t even rejoin the game after the fact

17 Likes

BUMP same problem… ive been looking through teh forum for similar issues and found quite a few. Has to be a blizzard issue.

2 Likes

Same. East coast servers, only happens to overwatch, no packetloss, no issues with my internet otherwise. Frustrating. Happens randomly in the middle of comp games with no indicators that it’s about to happen.

3 Likes

It’s happened again, I honestly cant play Overwatch competitive anymore. If I “leave” one more time, I’ll be locked out all season. Internet doesn’t drop, no warning it just loses connection to game server

4 Likes

This happened to me twice today in the 2 comp games I tried to play. Both times happened going into the 2nd half of a round three in winnable games.

The first time I was able to reenter the match for the final seconds, the second time I wasn’t as I was playing Lucio on support and had 6k+ more healing than the other three supports in the game so the match probably ended before I could reconnect.

It hasn’t ever happened in quick play or the event pve matches but those don’t last as long.

It just gives the message can’t connect to game server and then I have to restart the game client.

3 Likes

im now seasonal 1 banned because it says failed to connect to server and i cant rejoin match

2 Likes

can you fix it?? I"ts so annoying

1 Like

Yeah, I can sign in fine all the time, but I get disconnected mid-game or even just being in the menu I get disconnected randomly.

1 Like

Just started happening tonight. Playing quick play with some friends and the 2 games i played, i get “connection lost to game server” in middle of game. Will not reconnect me and results in me having to quit and start OW2 back up. but still get a connection loss starting another game.

2 Likes

Same here started recently… So bye ow2 and blizztard you went from good to disastrous game developer…

Same bro, 10 days already with this problem

Gonna bump this as well. Been happening to me for weeks now. Even reset my whole pc and drives. Change ethernet, reset modem/router. I’ve done more than that as well and still cant have a decent session. I really want the devs to say something. First time back since OW1 and this happens.

3 Likes

I finally unlocked comp in overwatch and decided to play it and two out of the three games that i TRIED playing, i lost connection to the game server and was suspended for 15 minutes and then 60 minutes with no option to rejoin the match or anything. I hear people being able to join back but why is it that I cannot? No other competitive game has this problem but overwatch does…

1 Like

Bumping this topic, I’ve also tried all recommended fixes and nothing has worked.

1 Like
 BUMP, I've had a day long ban from comp so far because of this, it's stopped me playing the game altogether. I have like 700 hours invested into Overwatch and Ive been playing Blizzard games since I was a little kid, its sad to see what they've become.
 Ive tried every help guide and youtube tutorial there is on the matter and nothing has worked. FIX YOUR GAME BLIZZARD its at the point where I'm telling my friends not to bother paying for this garbage. The game is objectively broken for so many of us and then you have the nerve to charge out the wazoo for scraps. 
 I don't know what there is to do about this but I promise I'm going to steer every single person I can away from Blizzard, coming from a diehard fan of several of their titles. This isnt the company I grew up with. How can there be so many of us voicing frustration and these people just ignore our complaints as if the vocal minority isnt worth their time? Garbage, just garbage.
3 Likes

Bumping this myself as well. I am getting disconnected every 3rd game, and while most of the times I can reconnect it almost always ends up as a loss because of the DC. I’ve even received several penalties for matchmaking because of it.

I’ve tried all forms of troubleshooting, and there is no issue with my internet connection. Nothing works!

2 Likes

This keeps happening to me at the most random times! No internet connection issues, just a random dc and usually no issue getting reconnected. It tends to happen more often after the first disconnect, but can sometimes not happen for over an hour. I’m so confused.

3 Likes

literally going on month 2 of not being able to play due to the “game server failed… retrying” upon signing in. I’ve tried everything . It worked probably only for 3 days then back to the same issue. Literally purchased the battle pass for nothing
(if anyone has alternate fixes pls let me know)