Constant Disconnects in Competetive

Another game of Competetive where the game not only kicks out me five times but kicks out multiple people on both teams only for them to quickly rejoin.

The problem is getting WORSE it’s impossible to go even a game without at least one person getting disconnected.
You constantly get suspensions and lose endorsements because the game is broken.
Please make your game playable because as is I literally CAN’T play it because it won’t LET me.

1 Like

man i feel u, everyday i get dc atleast 5 times
n it counts as my placements matches too
i just made a topic for it
hopefully i can fix it

There are no current server issues, so I recommend that you stop playing modes where you will receive major penalties until you have done some troubleshooting. Please include a WinMTR if you’d like members of the community to help you troubleshoot your connection.

WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)

This data request is for players connecting to NA or OCE realms. EU players can post their data in the EU forum for troubleshooting.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test per the instructions.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, then highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break any links by adding a space before .com, .net, etc.

If you don’t want community help (I don’t work at Blizzard), and require staff assistance specifically, you’ll want to open a ticket.

Well that’s a bald-faced lie. It’s not an issue that affects me personally and nobody else. But apparently you just answer threads before even reading the whole post?

It is affecting about 3-4 people (not counting me) every game. Every person I play with and mention it to tells me they are having the same problem.

I dunno, the fact everyone seems to be having it doesn’t exactly make me confident it’s client-side. But whatever just completely don’t check up on complaints that I’ve seen dozens of threats about (that are all unanswered)

1 Like

There are now two other posts with multiple replies. This is not client side

1 Like

You’re wrong though. This is affecting tons of people. It is not client side.

I’ve been disconnected from 3 comp games and both teams entirely disconnected, this is a mass issue

If it was tons of people the forum would be flooded, and it is not. This seems specific to an ISP or something like that.

Yeah, this is happening to a lot of people in OCE especially, so I don’t think that everyone on OCE has just got bad internet and problems on their end

I think there is a different issue that started after this thread was created, maybe within the last couple of hours, affecting OCE players. This thread was started a day ago, and we still have no data from the OP to diagnose it.

So do you know when we can expect Blizzard to look into it? Or will there have to be more cases of reports to do this?

I posted 3 days ago, also tonight 2 members of our team disconnected and 4 on the other team 2 v 4 game, its happening all the time

Generally if you want them to look into a connection issue, you have to provide network tests to demonstrate where the issue is. Unfortunately just saying there is a problem isn’t enough to diagnose anything.

From the pinned thread:

Connection, Installation, or Voice Chat problems include this as well:

Some WinMTR tests 7 to the Overwatch server you’re playing on. If you can’t log into the game, you can use the generic overwatch login server IP for your region. Otherwise, run these tests while the problem is actively happening. If you catch a disconnection or latency issue with the test, it will make it easier for us to find the problem.

WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)

This data request is for players connecting to NA or OCE realms. EU players can post their data in the EU forum for troubleshooting.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test per the instructions.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, then highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break any links by adding a space before .com, .net, etc.

Please make your own thread for posting any connection test data.

Issues are usually treated on a per-player basis, and if the staff wants to combine the tests into one thread for data collection, they will.

Would you look at that. I was right.

1 Like

The DDoS issue was affecting American and European servers today only. If you had issues before that (when this post was created), they would have been related to something else.