Constant Crashing (patch 1.23.0.1)

Overwatch been crashing for me ever since the latest patch came out for Rialto. Regardless of what map it is or game mode, there is a consistent crash upon death most of the time. It always happens during the middle of a match. I never had this issue before the latest patch 1.23.0.1. While this is happening on PC for me, there was random occurrence where me and my friends on the PS4 were doing fine then randomly get kick out of the game and got put into another game. No one left in the match either.

6 Likes

Same, since the last patch if I open the stat window (tab) right after death the game crashes and freezes, never happened before. This has happened twice for me so far, on two different maps.

Same here, always happening when I die, I need to reboot my comp. I can alt tab to bring up other windows to tab through but it wont let me select any of them. Cant alt f4 cant do anything, the sound just keeps looping

Happened to my friend after death too and I got stuck in the loading screen 2 games later. But we had the same issue, only thing we could click was windows button to get to start menu but after that clicking anything just brings back OW game, cant get to task manager or anything, had to restart.

Maybe its just a coincidence but both times the map was Illios.

2 Likes

Yesterday i was searching for a game when my game just went black so i restarted my pc and stopped playing but just now i was about to start playing and i have noticed that i have lost 50 sr…

Yep. My game has crashed twice now since the new patch. Never happened before.

Crashed once yesterday, and just now as well.

Really annoying…

Not only is the game constantly crashing every few games, but people are getting warnings for leaving games too frequently after having multiple competitive and quick play matches ruined from freezing.

This needs to take top priority, especially since players are getting consequences from doing nothing wrong.

Same here, crashed two times in Rialto with Junkrat when dying because of falling in the water. Game just freezes with sound looping in background and no way to quit the game

It doesn’t even matter how you died, it just freezes after a player has died causing them to have to restart overwatch.

Happened to me for the first time just now in quick play in Rialto. I died, and the game didn’t crash as much as it completely froze. It’s never happened to me before.

I have the same problem

Also experiencing repeated crashing when my hero dies. Made competitive unplayable. Each time needed to open task manager to end unresponsive application. No issues prior since October 2016.

I have the same problem, a friend also had the same problem tonight. Watching Fitzyhere stream he saw him having the same issue.

We’ve been making a lot of progress over here and a Blizzard Technical Support member has been really active in helping users out and has posted a troubleshooting guide. Hopefully it works for you guys: