(console) not even Mercy's latest nerf was enough to stop Pharmercy

Pharmercy has been a problem for console Overwatch since release, throughout all the balance changes one thing has remained and that’s the unbeatable combo of Mercy and Pharah.

I know the Dev team doesn’t care about its console playerbase, otherwise we would have more than 2 console specific changes over the course of the games whole lifespan, but ignoring a complaint that has been common since launch and still persists today is just more fuel to the fire that Blizzard doesn’t give anything about the console playerbase.

You chose to port Overwatch the console, you have to face the challenges of console specific balance that brings.

Nerfing Pharah’s maximum air time would be the best nerf to the combo as it allows more heroes to actually be able to hit Pharah and Mercy.

Just try to find a good hitscan, PharMercy will be useless then. P.S. Tip from a Master.

A lot of people think that because of the most recent nerf, a Pharah on your team is one of the only reasons to even have Mercy on your team.

The other day (or today, idk) someone even called Mercy an off-healer!

When your perception is your reality

One Sombra hack puts a quick end to it - hack Pharah, shoot Mercy, shell run away and then kill the grounded Pharah, Ive yet to see a Mercy stick around. The double standard of picking Sombra is hilarious, you get the hate messages, the inspawn raging melee attacks and then as soon as you end that combo, clear priority targets at chokes etc etc everyones all ok but then still say you did nothing whilst being onfire for majority of the game and picking up potg’s. Playing Sombra is wild :joy:

1 Like

It wasn’t enough to stop Mercy period. I think it’s time we finally consider more console specific buffs to some characters.

1 Like
  • console have a bigger base of casuals.
  • the majority take less time in actually aiming.
  • pharah is only a real issue in EU
  • EU has roo many countries with different cultures.
  • 2 console nerfs that werent needed if 1 hero limit was implemented since the start.
  • learn to aim. instead of being a weeb, a goth or a joker player.
  • shoot the merc first, on console most mercy players are 1 dimensional.
  • last point get gud, like many people did who want to aim on ow console.

it is not needed, the real issue is that consoles has too many casual and they cant aim.
tell me heroes that need balancing only on console.

torb/sym should have been but rather 1 hero limit should have been since the start.

pharah is only a real problem in EU and is mainly played by a certain demographic of people, because they cheese a lot.

tell me any hero that needs a console specific change.

Theres lots of ways to deal with it, so much so im tired of explaining it. just look up on youtube KarQ’s video “how to counter cheese comp”

It worries me that Mercy has such an extreme pick-rate in GM. It indicates an imbalance, but I don’t want her nerfed because she feels lackluster as is. I’m thinking Ana could use something more console specific, Moira feels fine to me though. I don’t really play dps much, so can’t really say for them, although I assume both McCree and Widow could use something (then again, a lot of M+KB use them so perhaps that evens it out).

1 Like

Im torn on this. I personally have never come across a pharmercy i couldn’t shoot down with either mcree or soldier with ease. 3000-3100 keep in mind xbox has 200 gms and top 500 starts at 3600. So not too far from the top. But i believe in balancing from top down and sbds supposed to have a stupid pickrate in the highest ranks on console?.1

wdym mercy since day 1 has been top dog on console. problem is no matter what mercies healing is too consistent and easy to use. console is a playing field of casual so of course mercy would drive in that scenario.

also nope you are wrong not all use mnk on mecree or widow. many of them took their time in actually learning to aim. its a myth created by bad players that everytime you see a decent 1 who can aim he is mnk.

I didn’t mean to imply everyone on Widow or McCree uses it, just that the people who do probably favors them.

1 Like

Im a master player too (my accounts decaying because I dont care about season 11) and in lower ranks people just arent going to be good at aiming. So itll be a huge problem

i think that it is only a console problem

They should work on a complete different balance. But they forgot it, imho