Console frame rate issues Season 11

Frame rate is dropping significantly on PS5 since season 11 update. I’m not sure if it’s affecting other platforms, but others in my lobbies have endorsed similar issues in the chat.

5 Likes

I have also had the same issue on my PS5, whenever I first load into a match my game will drop to around 5 frames per second. Along side my ms will also increase to around 400-500.

3 Likes

PS5 here as well. I can’t even play now cause how much the fps drops. Framerate mode is at least somewhat stable.

3 Likes

Please report it on technical support section

1 Like

The staff is aware and is tracking these issues:

My Xbox has been really lagging the frames drop as soon as i get into a game and instead die because my frames are too high

They’ve been tracking for a long time then with no solution or aren’t aware of most issues. I’m hoping you can get this to someone but there’s been issues with the balanced and performance modes on PS5 for MULTIPLE seasons now. I can’t speak for resolution mode since I don’t use it.

• Balanced mode(1440p60hz)

Hero select framerate has been abysmal for at least the last 3 or 4 seasons. I have a display with VRR that shows the fps. For a few seasons it was dropping to the high 40’s. Thankfully the VRR hid the drops/screen tearing but the moment I shut it off it’s really nasty.

Then when this season dropped the fps falls BELOW the VRR window(48fps) and nothing hides it. Screen tearing, fps that looks like mid-high 30’s, and stuttering galore. This has been going on for TOO LONG and wasn’t there the first year.

• Performance mode(120hz)

The fps tanks/microstutters whenever there’s multiple ults going off, someone joins the game, swaps heroes, and randomly when matches finish with the victory/potg video. The fps drops from a solid 120 to 80fps during ult fights and drops as low as 20fps when the victory screen comes up.

I looked at the ongoing bugs list and none of these problems were listed. They claimed they fixed a problem with screen tearing but it’s still there

1 Like

having these issues as well ps5 frame rate is just very inconsistent and hopefully can be looked into.

You’re getting it to them by posting here. They have a team that reads this forum. Just because someone didn’t respond, doesn’t mean they didn’t read it.

Thank god Im not the only one having the exact same issues. It’s been a wild ride for me for the entirety of Overwatch 2. It all started with the resolution bugs in season 2 or 3. From there, every other patch has brought major fps and audio issues with the framerate mode. In the meantime, I’ve changed my ISP, I’ve had endless conversations with my current ISP, I’ve had 3 different ps5’s, 3 different monitors, ethernet cables, hdmi cables etc. All of this because this Nicole support told me that the audio stutter and fps come from packetloss / ISP routing or hardware issue and I supposedly should get a vpn. I’m actually mad at this point. It looks like that dynamic resolution range system Overwatch 2 has for 120hz on PS5 is just poorly optimized and this is been going on for such a long time, with no good news in sight. I’m baffled.

2 Likes

You’re getting it to them by posting here. They have a team that reads this forum. Just because someone didn’t respond, doesn’t mean they didn’t read it.

Reading and acting are two different things. There are posts on here over a year old with no response or fixes. Sure they can read it, but nothing is being done. A simple post of “Hey, thanks for letting us know. This is an issue and we’re working on it!” would suffice. But that’s too much I suppose.

1 Like

Please read the Guidelines post pinned at the top of this forum (I linked snippets from it in my last reply) which describes their workflow.

Hopefully we get respond with optimization patch on ps5 version.

Please read the Guidelines post pinned at the top of this forum (I linked snippets from it in my last reply) which describes their workflow.

I understand, however their explanation of “While you may not see us post here very often, please know that your reports are read and appreciated” does not translate well when they dont act on any of these posts they supposedly “read”. Again, actions speak louder than “reading” and “appreciation”