This thread will highlight the usual troubleshooting steps that you will want to try when experiencing connection issues on your Xbox One or PS4 console.
1. Completely close out the Overwatch application and restart it to see if the issue went away.
Here’s how to do that:
While in the game, press the Xbox button on your controller > Make sure that the biggest application tile is highlighted, and then press the Menu button > Select the Quitoption.
Hold down the PS button on the controller > Select Close Application
4. If you’re using a wireless connection, switch to a wired connection and try the game again.
If the issue went away, there could be some signal interfering with the wireless connection that is making it unstable.
5. If your connection uses a modem and a router that are separate devices, bypass the router so that you are connected directly to the modem.
If the issue persists, the issue could be that the router is not working as intended or is configured incorrectly.
6. If the above steps have not resolved the issue, we recommend following your console specific steps for PortForwarding your specific router.
To do that, go to Portforward.com > Select your router’s brand from the list > Select your router’s model number > Select Overwatch for the console in question > Follow the steps provided
Keep in mind that though the folks at Portforward.com do their best to update all of their guides with the ports that our games and apps use, there is a chance that some guides may have been missed. Because of that, we recommend that you double check the ports listed in the guides with the ports listed in our Configuring Router and Firewall Ports support article.
If you continue to experience issues after trying all of the suggestions above, please create a new post that clearly lists the following:
- Console Brand (PS4/XB1)
- Name of your ISP
- Router brand and model #
- Your location: Country, State/Province, City
- Description of the error message displayed, or how you are encountering the issue
- Which steps you’ve tried