Console Audio issue blizzard ticket told me to post here

Overwatch 2 season 5 patch induced an audio issue where only and all hero sound effect/voice lines in game are robotic and distorted (strange like echo?)(it sounds robotic though a glass cup over my ear)- this olny occors during game play. it does not effect game music, anouncer voice, or map sound effect (such as break pots). this does not occur in the meun when look at heros/voice lines. this distortion does still occurs with both differnt controlers and headsets. i play on Xbox series X and am primarly using a xbox elite series 2 controler with a astro A40 headset. as mentioned this also occours with both the orgianl series x controler that came with the console, and a verity of headsets (tired 4 differnt ones).

due the distotion it is very difficult to hear audio quees such as foot steps and abilites from both my hero as well as others. (the gun firing is really bad and is rather frustating) i have not seen any mention of this so if i am alone on it i hope you can help.

things i have tried:
-Full restart of game and console
-differnt controler
-differnt headset
-changes in the auido settings of xbox settings (note chaing the sound to single Mono imput removes the echo but not the roboticness)
-changes in the auido settings of game settings
-reinstalled OW2 on console
-ensured both my xbox, contoler and head set all are uptodate.

EDIT: another user has made a post with a veido of my exact issue

2 Likes

Same issue here.
PS5 using Sony Inzone H7’s

Some voice lines come through from all around as if they were up close with no direction to them.

3 Likes

Howdy y’all,

This is likely related to the team radio bug mentioned here.

3 Likes

Same issue here. It started with the new update. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

1 Like

So how long is it going to stay in the “Known Issues” for? Because the Career Profile one has been chilling in there since launch.

8 months ago
or 36 weeks ago
or 255 days ago

In that amount of time I could have gone straight, hooked up with a woman, and almost had a newborn at that point.

1 Like

Same problem here. Steel Series X9, Xbox series x. As a music producer, I can tell you that the audio is doubled up and phased. Meaning the audio is coming from two sources simultaneously, but one is slightly later than the other. This causes that “robotic” sound. I have no idea where the extra audio is coming from however. I’m going to try a few more things, I may be able to come up with a workaround.

1 Like

Here’s a question though, I promise I’m just curious and not mad. OK FINE, A LITTLE MAD.

Is this happening to everyone on console and there are only a few people who can hear this issue? Because console should be easy. There are only so many parameters you can change.

Or is it an issue that only affects certain people? It’s not like my headphones are from some niche, weird company with proprietary codecs for their audio. SteelSeries is one of the industry leaders.

Again, not trying to be a troll, but do you guys playtest audio at all? Audio has always been a huge issue in OW, from the jump. I know I’m overly sensitive, being a musician, but like, there are two things that happen in video games (ok, three, if you include controller haptics), video and audio. Audio is equally important but it feels like your company thinks it’s of secondary importance. It’s like going to a restaurant where the food is great but the service is terrible. You need both.

Final informational question: why can’t you just hotfix audio to be the way it was before the update and deal with this in PTR until it works?

If this is above your pay grade, please escalate. Thx!

1 Like

Im missing out on play time because I just CANNOT play the game with the obnoxious echo on XSX. I hope it gets fixed soon… I have a 5 day weekend next week and I already purchased the battlepass :sob:

this right here makes the most sense and seems to fit- I didn’t really like they just dump it with the other audio bug of voice lines being loud… honestly I feel like this is a different issue

I just love that they have put zero effort into patching either of the issues :roll_eyes:

I FOUND A FIX, go to your xbox’s settings, general, volume & audio output and change headset audio to stereo uncompressed. Windows sonic was what i had on and switching fixed it for me!

Change your xbox audio settings. Change headset audio to stereo uncompressed!

I have tried this and while it reduces it it does not fix it. at least not for me. Mono setting helps but removes all direction noise which is just as bad …

Yes, it’s somewhat better, but still there. Also I found that changing to Soundbar in OW audio settings helps slightly. The point, and the problem, is having to use stereo instead of, say, Dolby Atmos (what I prefer) is like saying OW works great, you just need to set your resolution to 480p.

Woohoo! I’ve only played one game tonight, but this “radio team” fix seems to have solved the problem on my end. (Second bullet point in today’s Bug Fixes patch notes.) Anyone want to confirm?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.