Considering everyone counters Bastion

Welp if bastion have team that defend him brig should not be able to get to him, and if she try at long range bastion should be able to take her dow, at short range team should help bastion. But good teamwork can break this def also, i will say bastion can counter her but its not hard counter.

1 Like

Name a source for your “statistics” since you brought them up because as far as I know, Blizzard are the only ones who have actual, accurate “statistics” of the game.

2 Likes

These are kinda statistics about his average damage output. Note that his actual damage against Squishies will be much lower than these because they’re smaller than a training bot, and they’ll be moving…

He has one of, if not the worst damage profile in the game (amongst those whom it make sense to compare with, so like not Winston/Rein/Moira).

While statistics sites aren’t 100% accurate, it’s not like they’re going to say Bastion has a 1% pickrate when he actually has a 90%… they can give a general idea, but not absolute exact numbers.

2 Likes

Not everyone. Not everyone

They should have really kept his tiny shield from the early builds! I wonder what might have been!

1 Like

Yes he does, Brigitte doesn’t do enough damage to him to kill him, knockback does nothing. Shield, health and armor get melted.

1 Like

Nano boosted brig will detroy him but thats a different monster all together.

If your team failed to protect Bastion from Brig so he could stop her then that is on your team

1 Like

I’ve been able to win 1v1s with bastions.

Usually involves me jumping on them in sentry, playing around cover, or around some healthpack, or a combination of each.

He can pretty much heal through your primary, so i end up start hitting up until he is low enough on health and resources to combo (needs to be like less than four bars if in sentry) or shield for a slight second to let inspire and CD to go off.

Other than that, unless I have some sort of other character support or map support, I would probably lose.

Brigitte vs bastion almost always goes in bastion’s favor unless She’s got some support from her team. His passive dmg resistance in sentry form makes her flail barely tickle him while he can melt her for 100% dmg if she’s close enough to hit him.

She can be a good distraction, but on Her own 1v1 she’s just going to die unless the bastion is really bad at tracking a close target.

Somebody broke down the numbers and extensively tested Bastion, issuing a report to the forums. Bastion’s DPS drops in sentry mode, because of his spread, so rapidly his DPS becomes the lowest DPS in the game at, IIRC, 30 meters. Only Orisa and Reinhardt’s barriers are big enough to be hit by all of his spread at that distance.

Found it: Bastion's real damage output (kinda)

1 Like

You shouldn’t use Bastion to “counter” Brigitte for the same reasons you (shouldn’t) use Pharah/Junkrat, and soon Torb to do so, they’re all liabilities and there are better characters for the task that don’t require you to put a ridiculous amount of resources into to make viable/useful/not be red team food. Or, in Junkrats case, just being bad to mediocre in general due to that ridiculous projectile size nerf.

her shield is so small sentry can’t really hit it properly.

That’s not him being niche that’s 2 other people doing jobs he should be able to do for himself baby sitting him.

1 Like

Nah,bastion shouldn’t be going out in the open by himself, That’s why the omnics lost the war in the first place, if they had some barriers and healers they would have won ez.

Out in the open is line of sight.

Not to mention he can out heal her regular damage.

But doesn’t shield bash take bastion out of sentry mode?

Why do people keep posting this? Is this some clever sig that I missed out on?

98% sure it doesn’t, just like McCree’s flashbang doesn’t either.

Only when he’s still in the transform animation, not when he’s actually transformed, she can’t do much of anything to him then.

1 Like