Congratz on making Tracer a nightmare again

I’ve never felt so personally attacked in my life.

Good thing we nerfed all Tracer counters, surely it turned out great the last time. Get ready for another Brig lmao.

4 Likes

Better get ready cause if Genji gets buffed im gonna kick some butts and will enjoy it.

Did McCree get a huge range buff to his flashbang?

Hitting her with it while she is ult farming on your Tanks from 13m away seems kinda impossible to me.

She can now play at a much safer distance and literally only ever needs to go in to use her pulse bomb.

I actually prefer to annoy her and constantly Boop her away as Lúcio for the LOLs. If she is going to annoy my team with all the mobility creep, I’m going to annoy her as well. Boop, Boop, Boop disrupting her aim. If she tries to focus on me, Wall Ride.

A good Tracer can decimate McCree in my experience, because of his low mobility and big hitbox. I think the higher you go, the less McCree is effective against Tracer, though of course CC’ing her is always a good move.

Honestly, while I think she deserved buffs of some sort, this particular buff was a terrible move. There were many ways to turn her into a better pick without going overboard.

1 Like

He probably wont if the anti-Genji support cult still hangs out here

This is what its all about, at least i could enjoy the match-up against tracer, it was a challenge and honestly below masters it actually feels like a fair fight as zen.

yet people act like the end times are coming, we already have doom in the game and he’s much worse than tracer ever was.

You fight doomfist, headshot him 3 times while discorded and it doesn’t matter because he just spams all his abilities at you to kill you and get shields and still has escape to get back to his healers with 5 hp and 100 shields.

People should be welcoming this buff with open arms because it will reduce the amount of doomfist players, at least with tracer you click on her head and she dies.

4 Likes

I also love the ignorance of statements like that. Chances are, people who say that play the hero in question most often, and really want to make it seem like their hero isn’t that bad. Like when Brig players were saying “Nothing is wrong with her”, and now Orisa players are like “She’s easy to counter.”
It’s really just how the mentality of this game shows it’s head from time to time.

1 Like

If you couldn’t figure this out for yourself, it makes her effective range 30% longer. That affects certain hitscan match-ups (most notably mccree who is supposed to be effective against Tracer) and it also affects every Tracer vs Projectile matchup.

Chief. Pressing right mouse button to get the best movement/dodge ability in the game isn’t exactly the pinnacle of skill either.

2 Likes

Nice to see the British Queen make a return.

Now she can shoot tanks from 3 more meters away … great. What we just needed, the hero with the tiniest hitbox and most mobility spraying tanks more effectively than Reaper/Soldier.

What a great change … that nobody needed.

8 Likes

Tracer is still infinitely better than the cancer of Doom and Widow.
Annoying. Obnoxious. Absurd. Overtuned. And you can still actually fight back because we aren’t dying literally instantly, often times while CC’ed.

A hero isn´t trash anymore - oh noes - everybody whine!

2 Likes

If only there was an antiflank support built to deal with annoying burst hitscan with good mobility

1 Like

Well, not quite everything. The quality of cosmetics such as skins is generally good, but then the art related work in this game has always been generally good. Sadly good quality art related work isn’t enough to make up for the other issues in this game, one of them being the somewhat poor balancing and reworks.

1 Like

well. I guess we gotta give credit where credit is due.

Art team really does make great stuff.

3 Likes

ppl really overstate her.

When ana sleeps me and moira wakes me up with a dmg orb then it’s just stupid plays made by the enemy team.

nerf every single hero bc a top500 could smurf in bronze (so we need a 1 button instant kill hard counter for every hero)

I love it especially when you have “atleast they should be” top 10% of the player base, but yet, theycan’t deal with good players.
Maybe those players don’t deserve to face GM tracers?
just think about it.

I don’t belong where I only complain.

2 Likes

So Josef, lets say that 50-70% of the player-base isn’t capable of that level of aim? Maybe then the character kit is fundamentally flawed? The answer to every balance question can’t just be “just shoot them”. Past a point in life one cannot learn those levels of tracking and aim, its then a broken mechanic.

The reality is that those characters all benefit from cheap, relatively easy movement mechanics to get an advantage, so the balance of “skill” then is put on the other players… seems a bit off when you think about it.

Thankfully, characters like Torb and Sym exist to counter that advantage, and to your point if you can’t aim well, take a character with a kit that can. Just have the integrity to not complain about “low-aim” characters if you support those with easy movement advantages.

5 Likes

Tracer get’s buffed.
forum complains, cries and labels Blizz as incompetent indie team.
tracer gets nerfed to oblivion.

what happened to “omg i prefer tracer over doomfist!”

2 Likes

There’s a middle ground somewhere with Tracer, but like Doom, it seems they have to go through several rounds to get it right. To get people to try a character new or rebuffed, they go overboard. I expect a partial roll-back within 1-2 months. Some people are comparing this to the most recent McCree buff, but that actually got nerfed before it went Live…

FWIW, I am not yet convinced she’s a problem, people have just forgotten how to play against her. The worst part is the kit’s mobility grants such a huge advantage the people who main her think they are really doing something special and like wear little OWL skins and pat themselves on the back for using the kit.