Congrats Blizzard (Mercy)

If these trends don’t change then I guess I was wrong and E rez can be balanced.

So Congragutlations. You balanced an ability that cut into the flow of gameplay and went firmly against your design philosiphy for this hero
And alll you had to do was nerf the other half of your design philosiphy

#Mercy3
#ReworkMercy

Yeah sorry for the snark, let this thread die I honestly don’t care jsut venting about the fact that the hero I once loved and even monthes ago couldn’t bring myself to play because of how awful it felt only got worse instead of fixxed.

15 Likes

Resurrect is a terrible ability/ultimate in general.

#DeleteResurrect

8 Likes

If blizzard can only see Mass Rez and E rez as the only options I’d agree with you.
It. Better be godlike what we get in return though, if Blizz thinks Valk is a worthy successor to Mass rez then they really need to pull their heads out of the sand

4 Likes

Agreed
#DeleteResurrect

3 Likes

One of my biggest complaints is the fact that people defend Resurrect as if it’s something that shouldn’t be touched but I see it differently.

People proclaim Mercy “was” THE main healer yet NEEDS an ability to bring people back from the dead. Why? Your incredible healing should mean you don’t need that ability. If a target dies because your healing wasn’t good enough you shouldn’t get a restart button.

I will only ever accept removing resurrect from the game if the people crying about it would propose an alternative to replace it. You can NOT just take Rez away and give nothing back to Mercy.
#HaveMercyOnMercy

1 Like

I can argue till the internet grows tired of drama about how rez can have some place in the game and I think Mercy is the one to have it as she’s the only support that is pure support (only effects her allies regularly) but that’d be redundant.

Like I said if blizz thinks these are the only options they have then it should go

Mercy should get a rework for her rework.

1 Like

That’s… Kinda hot.

4 Likes

It… Kind of worked for Symmetra.

1 Like

They haven’t had a successful rework since D’va (cus why not give a sniper a god damn spam ability what could POSSIBLY GO WRONG?")

1 Like

I look forward to Mercy’s new iteration in which her healing beam is now like Symmetra/Zarya.

2 Likes

O god pls no anything but that D:

1 Like

Hey they can’t screw it up any more for me, I haven’t touched her for more then a few games since her last sledgehammer nerfs. The memory of my hero being a HERO are in tact.

1 Like

Current Mercy just sucks too much to play. I’ve moved onto Widow now. Unfortunately, people are starting to claim that she’s OP… -.-

1 Like

Yeah, she just doesn’t feel heroic at all. Balance over fun, right? (In theory)

I would argue she doesn’t need compensation for it other than reverting the healing nerf given.

Her kit on its own is bloated to where she does too much. She has a mobility tool to rival Lucio’s which requires no skill to use from the Mercy (regardless of what Mercy players will tell you) the skill required comes from the person you GA to. THEY are the ones who have to be in position for you not the other way around.

Damage boost that can be instantly switched between targets without delay is nothing to scoff at.

Valkyrie also makes you a harder target to hit while improving your base kit at the same time. Allows you to chain healing or damage and I don’t get the complaint that it’s a “weaker supercharger” because it simply isn’t. Supercharger cannot fly and switch beams on will or still be able to resurrect people while active.

I don’t think losing Resurrect while keeping her as a strong healer is a bad thing.

1 Like
2 Likes

… I’m just going to calmly tell you to go away with that stupid idea
5 man rez warranted an underpowered hero anywhere where Ana could be played decently, and now Mercy has someone at her level of skill requirement to compete with who’s got higher healing per second and burst heal potential.

If you think she could lose rez and be fine in the pick and win rates then you’re just being obtuse.

That is also a great answer.

1 Like