CONCEPTS: Symmetra Supplementary Support Reworks (KISS)

It seems like folks are becoming more open to the concept of Symmetra as a Support Hero, I’ve decided to take the time to pitch a few ideas which I’ve previously mentioned in passing in threads, but never fully elaborated on.

NOTE: These concepts are based on the KISS Principle (Keep it Super Simple) so as to leave as little margin for error as possible, not to mention easily understood without the need for lengthy explanations. As such, they are not extensive reworks, but rather alterations to Symmetra’s existing kit to provide her with Healing Ulitity, ergo they would render her more of Offensive Support Hero than a straight up Support Healer.

Keep in mind that each of these are intended as individual concepts, ergo they would be implemented individually, not all of them together.
I do not believe that any of them require supplemental nerfs, as Symmetra is clearly underperforming in her present state, (OW1 Live) ergo they are intended as straight buffs. Nevertheless, I have done my best to adjust their stats to compensate for supplementary improvements which might otherwise render them too effective.

• Photon Dispenser (Replaces Teleporter)
    Symmetra has replaced her Teleporter with a new ability which enables her to construct a stationary device made of hard light which provides friendly players with minor health regeneration as well as ammo restoration. It would function similarly to Soldier 76’s Biotic Field, but would persist in the world until destroyed by enemy fire.

– Stats –
Health: 150HP
Healing: 20 Per Second
Ammo Restoration Per Second: 10%
Area of Effect: 5 Meter Radius
Duration: ∞
Cooldown: 30 Seconds

• Discordant Harmony
    Under the tutelage of Zenyatta, Symmetra has tapped into the fundamentals of The Iris, granting her a passive healing ability similar to that of Brigitte, enabling her to regenerate the health of all allies in a radius around her as she deals damage.

– Stats –
Healing: 20 Per Second
Area of Effect: 20 Meter Radius
Duration: 5 Seconds
Cooldown: 1 Second

• Harmony Turret
    Under the tutelage of Zenyatta, Symmetra has learned to combine her knowledge of Hard Light Construction with the fundamentals of Zenyatta’s Orb of Harmony to produce 3 Additional Turrets with the ability to restore health. (NOTE: These do not replace her current Sentry Turrets, merely supplement them, giving her a total of six Turrets, 3 for Damage, 3 for Healing.)

– Stats –
Health: 30HP
Healing: 40 Per Second
Projectile Speed: 15 Meters Per Second
Maximum Range: 10 Meters
Ammo: 3 Stored (Max 3 on the Field)
Casting Time: 0.5 Seconds
Cooldown: 10 Seconds Per Charge

• Threshold of the Iris
    Under Zenyatta’s tutelage, Symmetra has learned to infuse her Hard Light Teleporter with the Healing powers of The Iris, enabling it to strenthen or revitalize those who pass through it.

– Stats –
Health: 50HP
Shields: 200 (Regenerates 30 shields per second, after avoiding damage for 3 seconds)
Healing: 75HP (Overheal)
Maximum Range: 30 Meters
Casting Time: 2 Seconds
Duration: ∞
Cooldown: 20 Seconds

That concludes my proposition for potential reworks to Symettra’s Kit. I know that they will not satisfy those who desire radical changes to her Kit, but as a former Symmetra Main who wishes to preserve the unique characteristics of her Kit as well as her basic playstyle, such are my own personal concepts which are intended to supplement/improve upon her Kit rather than overwrite it entirely. So if you don’t like it, then feel free to go elsewhere, your disdainful comments have no purpose here, and I didn’t take the time to write all of this out for you, but for myself as well as others like me who actually enjoy playing as Symmetra. So please understand that your off-topic comments which disregard/ignore all of my propositions will be likewise disregarded and ignored in kind. Please don’t waste my time or your own arguing with me over philosophy of balance because I have no intention of indulging you if you will not indulge me.
Otherwise, feel free to provide feedback or constructive criticism of these concepts. I’d like to here from other Symmetra players especially, possibly to improve upon these concepts by addressing any issues they might have.

3 Likes

I normally do not agree with her being a support and specially hate the idea of the healing turret so much!

But if she was to be a healer support she need to be more independent like zen

• M1 has only two level 120 and 160
  • M2 orb is the same dmg but faster
  • Turrets Removed and replaced with Autonomous flying drone that follows and heals ally
  • Her E is now back to her photon HP shield that grants 25 extra sheild HP but has an overheal effect 60 healing overtime.
  • Ultimate is now called fortification that envelops everyone with geometrical shaped bubble that can cleanse effect and give protection for a limited time.
  • TP is now exclusively for Symmetra that has instant cast and deploy with 50 m range.
2 Likes

The drone is an interesting idea.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I made them like drones so that she don’t need to repostion them often as the gameplay of OW2 is more fast and keeps relocating, having them stationary like what they did to the exp is just not gonna work for her and her team.

I like how you make zennyatta as her inspiration for her healing abilities, i think if she ever feel like having a healing abilities zenyatta is pretty much the only one who will teach her how to do it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but stationary healing buildables will never work, especially not in Overwatch 2

If she becomes a support she needs a healing ABILITY or a healing primary/secondary fire, not healing turrets and not a healing station

1 Like

THIS. This is what I’ve always wanted, that way she can have 6 turrets back, and still heal and control areas

1 Like

That’s why I’ve come up with multiple concepts such as Symmetra generating an AoE passive method of healing.
However, I think that stationary Healing is still of situational viability, as these buildables could be placed on moving objectives such as payloads, and could be useful while defending/holding fixed objectives.

Thanks, I’m glad that you like it. I’ve always felt that the biggest issue with the concept of Healing Sentry Turrets is that they replace the existing Damage-dealing Sentry Turrets, thus nerfing Symmetra’s already low damage output.
However, by simply adding them to her Kit as a supplement to her Damage-dealing Sentry Turrets, Symmetra has a total of six Sentrys, like in the old days, but only three of them do damage while the others heal, which forces enemy players to divide their attention and prioritize which order to take them out in, so they cannot be as easy wiped away entirely.

1 Like

Yes exactly, it’s perfect. How would you swap between the two types to deploy? I would personally say use the “Swap Weapon” button that Mercy and Torbjörn use.

1 Like

For Symmetra as a support, I like using her 2.0 as the baseline.

A new passive ability: Shield Matrix:

Allies within 15m of Symmetra have 30% of their total health converted into Recoverable Shields. The shields will revert to Recoverable Health after leaving the AOE.

Additionally, Symmetra’s shield health recovers faster than the average model.

• Radius: 15m (LOS check)
  • Shield duration: 3 seconds
  • Shield recovery time (Symmetra): 2 seconds

This passive gives Symmetra immediate value, which is something she’s always lacked. All of her kit, in every iteration, has had some sort of travel time or deploy time. This passive allows her to always be providing to her team, assumin they remain close by her, where Symmetra naturally excels.

It also grants Symmetra her own twist on personal sustain, with having her natural Shield Health regenerate a second earlier than other Shield Health based heroes, giving her an edge over them, and granting her an easier time getting into and out off engagements.

The Photon Projecter acts as 2.0 version did, no changes there.

The Photon Barrier is reverted to its first iteration, only now allies who walk towards the barrier will gain increased movement speed. This makes the barrier a bit more consistent in its ability to protect Symmetra’s allies at longer distances, as they’ll be able to keep up and move with the barrier, making engagements easier.

Sentry Turrets are unchanged, as of her 2.0 iteration. However, she’d get a new ability to the same binding (much how switching between her Teleporter and Disco Ball worked) called ‘Sentry Ward’.

Sentry Wards act similar in functionality to Zen’s Orb of Harmony, following a targeted ally around, providing constant healing, as well as a small damage reduction. Symmetra can have any combo of 6 Turrets or Wards up at any given time, giving her full control of how she wants to play. The Sentry Ward’s stats are as follows:

• Health: 85
  • Range (Deploy): 25m
  • Healing: 17.5/second
  • Damage reduction: 5%
  • Duration: Until replaced or destroyed

As for her ultimate, it would be the Teleporter as it was back then, as well as a new second ultimate in the form of Prismatic Armour.

Prismatic Armour is a buff ability type that grants Symmetra and her allies a large resistance to incoming damage and deals constant damage to enemies who come to close, by shattering a globe of hard-light, sending its splinters to surround allies. When the ability ends, allies are healed based on their total health. The stats of Prismatic Armour are as follows:

• Ultimate cost: As Teleporter
  • Range: Global
  • Damage reduction: 35%
  • Damage: 20/second
  • Range (Damage): 8m
  • Heal: 30% of their total health
  • Duration: 8 seconds