The Competitive Bugs Megathread

Sorry for the late reply;

It wasn’t me having the issue but an acquaintance, and they had a positive win to loss ratio consistently, like 5/2 levels of good or sometimes full streaks.

Others who played with them were able to rank up but they weren’t.

The only thing we could deduce was that Blizzard lied about no longer taking MMR based ranking into account and are still, in fact, tracking it to some degree because this would be the only way to explain why they’re stuck in bronze 5.

In every other aspect they’ve been preforming well, but are just stuck in bronze 5 for some reason or another.

1 Like

Hope it’s okay to post it here. The duplicate-account problem in the top 500 leaderboard is really annoying. I’m playing on console and on the Americas leaderboard, there are tens of people with double or even triple duplicate entries there. It is so unfair to the rest of us. Literally they have taken up 50 spots on the board.

1 Like

Mercy: The Bronze 5 bugs are pretty difficult to determine given the ambiguity of the 5 win 15 loss rerank system and the rank subdivision system. I’ve read through that thread again, but there was no definitive indication of bugs, such as with the 5 Subdivision Demotion bug or the Minimum Value bug, which were both fixed. However, given the frequency of these reports in the forums even despite these bugs being fixed, it may be that these players are experiencing some other bug resulting in a permanent Bronze 5 rerank. This may be a stretch, but it might be related to the Competitive Deathmatch rerank bug. But until the Devs decide to address it, there is no way of knowing for sure. Unfortunately, I don’t have any solutions for you at the moment, but I would still encourage you to bump up other threads about this for potential solutions, which you can find listed under: Bronze 5 Bugs.

HarryMaguire: Personally, I agree that a single player being able to take up multiple Top 500 spots is an issue, but it’s also not technically a bug. The Devs did attempt to address this with the phone verification requirement back when Overwatch 2 first launched, but the service they partnered with to ensure that lacked capabilities with certain phone plan types, so the requirement was eventually dropped. I hope one day the Devs will reintroduce the requirement with a more capable service partnership, but unfortunately, I don’t think the Devs consider it too big of a priority at the moment…

Thanks for the reply! However, I’m not sure whether we are talking about the same issue.

What is happening now on the console leaderboard is not the smurf problem that the same person plays with different accounts and gets them into top 500.

Right now on console top 500, there are tens of accounts, with the same details including tags, games played, most played heroes, titles etc. taken up 2 or even 3 rank spots contiguously. Sometimes, the 2nd spot can’t even show the player tags. Obviously, it is a bug and a terrible one and it is getting worse and worse.

I agree that the smurf problem is an issue to be tackled, but this one is actually more frustrating to people who play this game properly.

1 Like

Is that true? This is the first I’ve heard of it as I mainly follow issues regarding the Top 500 leaderboards for PC, so this bug with player accounts being duplicated and taking up multiple spots on the leaderboards seems to be a console only bug. I also can’t access those leaderboards, so could you link any screenshots you have of this? I’d appreciate it.

1 Like

i.imgur DVQTTLF.png
i.imgur eT5eogU.png
i.imgur GF60Tcj.png
i.imgur jNbat9X.png

Thank you again! Hope the URLs work. I just randomly pick one leaderboard and you can see in the top 50 there are already 4-5 duplicate accounts. I can tell there are even more than 50 entires like this in some top 500 leaderboards.

It is nothing like yznsa1234567 which dominated the leaderboard, these are literally the same accounts. It seems to happen when a player plays on both ps and xbox in the same season.

Maybe this’ll get fixed before the sun dies.

Thanks for your evidence, it is a bit of a stretch, but I think this bug fits best under the subcategory: Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 4). I’ve also added it as a new entry under the detailed list of competitive bugs. It seems to me that it results from some coding error occurring for players who play on multiple consoles, but of course, there’s no way of knowing for sure until the Devs decide to communicate with us and fix this bug. But like what Akiyama said and as this megathread demonstrates, the Devs are notoriously slow when it comes to fixing issues, and there is no guarantee it will ever be even addressed unless there is a large enough public outcry for it to be fixed.

1 Like

Thanks! It is actually a bug that has been here for quite a while. So I also think that it won’t be ever fixed. That’s unfortunate…

1 Like

Is that true? If so, the fact such a massive issue has gone unnoticed for so long in the community is quite the damning evidence in regards to how the Dev’s negligence has resulted in the playerbase’s decline…

1 Like

bump devs needa give me my gm title for s4

5 Likes

The Devs need to spend this entire filler season going back and giving the correct competitive rewards for every player on every server and operating system and for every competitive season going back as far as Season 34 in Overwatch 1. The game’s competitive integrity will never be reestablished if these bugs continue to remain unaddressed and unfixed.

3 Likes

Don’t mind me, just doing my part. That is, bumping this thread.

1 Like

I hope the right people at blizzard actually read all this. I lost hundreds of hours and stats on my career profile and it really sucks. I’ve been trying my best to support blizzard and be positive, but they make it so difficult

3 Likes

Same, I want my years of stats to come back. Like, c’mon, at least let me remember things.

3 Likes

Absolute scumbag behavior that they haven’t even acknowledged this.

3 Likes

You don’t need to fix issues you don’t know about, I guess.

1 Like

Currently having the issue where my competitive update/stats are not counting my wins and losses correctly. The issue seems to be intermittent and I have no clue what is causing it. Sometimes my wins are counted as both a win and a loss.

For example, if I queue into a game and I’m currently 2W - 2L, if I win the game, when I get to the competitive progress screen it will say I am 3W-3L. The replays and match reports show the correct number of matches (3W, 2L), but the career profile and comp progress tab will show extra losses.

This means that sometimes even if in reality I finish a set at 5W-2L, the competitive progress and subsequent update will show 5W-8L because 4 of my wins also added to the loss counter, resulting me either deranking or going up only in the skill division I’m in.

Anyone else with this issue?

1 Like

I have pretty much the same issue. I didn’t get any of my competitive rewards from finishing gold 4.

2 Likes

Smokepaw & Akiyama: The worst part about the missing career profile stats bugs is just how few people care about it still despite the sheer number of people who it has and continues to affect. This has been an issue since Overwatch 2 launched, and yet, somehow the Devs have seemingly made zero progress towards fixing it. But even if they did, we would have no idea about it since they refuse to communicate with us. It’s all so frustrating.

itsidian: Surprisingly, this is only one of a very select few bugs which the Devs did actually acknowledge. And by acknowledge, I mean they wrote a single sentence saying it existed in the Known Bugs post shortly after Overwatch 2 launched, but have done absolutely nothing else since then. Like Akiyama said, from a business perspective, unless there’s a concrete monetary incentive to fix bugs, there is therefore no reason to even acknowledge them. The state of AAA gaming has never been more bleak.

BAŦŦAĿIǾN & pawdrab:
In fact, there have been numerous reports by other players who have had issues with the competitive rerank progress screen. You can find those listed under: Match History Pages. Most often, affected players will have their competitive rerank update page display one, and sometimes up to three, extra lost games that they did not play. However, this is the first time that I’ve seen a report about a bug that results in an extra won game being recorded as well. If you can, could you link any screenshots or other evidence you have of this bug? I’ll be sure to include it as well under the subcategory: Match History Pages.

Pawdrab: If I remember correctly, the Devs introduced a change back in Season 3 that required players to win 15 competitive wins before becoming eligible for end-of-season rewards. If you did not receive any, this may be the reason why, but it might also just be a bug. Unfortunately, the bug where some players do not receive some of their end-of-season competitive rewards is a very common one. In fact, it has existed as far back as Season 36 of Overwatch 1, but it was especially prevalent during Season 3 and Season 4. Aaron Keller actually tweeted an update regarding the Season 3 variant of the bug, which retroactively corrected the ranks and rewards for affected players, but the fix was not very effective as is evidenced by the amount of players complaining about it in the bug forms. Hopefully, the Devs will reimplement that fix more effectively than last time…

All: Due to personal matters, I will not be able to monitor the bug forums for the next two weeks. I will try to still read and answer comments, but the megathread itself will likely not receive updates until the two weeks is complete. Thank you for your understanding.