The Competitive Bugs Megathread

I have a few screen shots of proof for my claim that my top 500 title and rewards were taken away from me for what seems to be a bug from blizzards side.
https: //imgur. com/user/arlanta01/posts
I ended 80th but after logging on within the first hour of season 4 my season 3 ranking was decayed (known issue from blizz) so I was apparently sent to 231 but while checking the leaderboard I do not appear anywhere in the top 500 despite being higher than all of my friends on the top 500 leaderboards. So would love to see some action taken towards this as I grinded only for it to not even show up anymore.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that your Top 500 rewards were taken from you, that’s an issue I sympathize with greatly. As for the Season 3 seasonal rank decay bug, this was supposedly fixed a few weeks ago, but many players have continued to report it, so it appears the bug fix was not comprehensive. If you would like to bump up similar posts, I have compiled many large ones under: End-Of-Season Competitive Rank And Rewards (Seasons 1-3). I’ve also added this post and the Imgur link under: Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3). However, when I tried going to your Imgur account, it says “This user has no posts”. I’m assuming this either means the post was set to private or it was incorrectly saved. Could you retry editing that post so that the screenshots are visible? I’d greatly appreciate it.

should be uploaded now

1 Like

Alright, I can see it now. Thank you for your evidence.

Hello Azdyph!
I have a question, the majority of forums/discussions I have looked at indicated that a minimum of 50 games were required to appear on the leaderboards.
You are one of the few to write that you actually need 50 wins… is there an official article or something similar from Blizzard with the requirements?

I have been looking for those info because I have done more than 50 games and I am ranked GM5 in open Q in Europe so I supposed I was eligible…

1 Like

I sadly do not have before and after as I never really take profile pictures, like, ever.
I do have my rewards and everything is fine, the only issue is that my dps top500 placement suddenly disappeared (as previously said), I can attach the after to show that I’m suddenly gm1 and not top 500 (even though I was around #390 ish or whatever).
My support top500 is still there at what it was pre patch.
It doesn’t let me upload a link in the message sadly so cant provide proof
I’ll ask for my data and upload in a bit hopefully, quite busy lately

Edit#1:
its @ imgur. com /a/tfq40UV - opening it myself has the pg18+ warning but its just a career pic
Edit#2:
The top500 dps placement was the END of season placement, legit last few minutes IIRC
Edit#3:
I got the data file but I don’t know where the last seasons are at, doesn’t seem like ow2 data is there, only ow1, which I doubt will help in this case, unless you guide me and tell me what info to give you

1 Like

Coolpad: The Devs changed the 25 minimum played games for Top 500 requirement to 25 minimum wins for Top 500 Role Queue back in Season 3. Patchnotes here: Overwatch 2 - Patch Notes. For all non-Role Queue Competitive modes, which so far are: Open Queue, Capture The Flag, Mystery Heroes, and Deathmatch, the requirement was changed from 50 minimum played games to 50 minimum wins as well, but for some reason, this was not noted in the patchnotes. I hope this helps.

Dawn: That is highly unfortunate that you don’t have evidence of your Top 500 placement prior to its loss. Top 500 placement being suddenly removed is a documented bug, I experienced it myself back in Season 36 and I even lost my Top 500 rewards because of it, but it seems you were able to keep yours due to your support rank remaining in Top 500. However, you might be able to find it in you player data. Use ctrl+F and enter in this: 0x06300000000001. This should bring you to the table of competitive ranks in Overwatch 2. I’m not sure which row corresponds to Season 3 Role Queue Support, but you can probably find it through matching your stats, such as peak rank and total number of played games. Please do let us know what you find. I’ve also added your post and evidence under: Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 3).

2 Likes

Thank you for the perfect reply! Nothing to add… have a great day

1 Like

Well, I checked the file and it seems that this is the one according to also the career profile -
https: //imgur. com/k6RgeRi

it doesn’t say anything about the ending rank, just the highest placement which in my case, was minutes before the end of season.

1 Like

Yeah, it looks like your Rank and Rank Sub Tier correspond with your Highest Rank and Highest Rank Sub Tier, so we can’t use that as evidence of a bug either. You would think final leaderboard placement would be a statistic Blizzard records, but apparently not…I’m not sure what else we can do here besides hope Blizzard eventually fixes the leaderboard, but I’m doubtful it could happen without a massive outcry like what happened with the end-of-season ranked rewards for Season 3. If you would like to bump up the posts of other players with your issue and ask around for solutions, there are several threads you can try listed under: Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3). I hope this helps.

What about reaching to them directly? Like, on Twitter or something.

1 Like

Seconding Akiyama, messaging a Dev on Twitter is also a good option as it’s not unheard of for Devs to directly respond. Even if it is unlikely to happen, I would still give it a try.

1 Like

Hi Azdyph!

Sorry I didn’t respond. I was finishing up classes for the semester. To clarify- I was a console player on PS4. I earned the rewards in what looks like 2016, as my screenshot dates to 2016. I was excited- so I took an SS. I didn’t take a picture directly on ps4 as most of the time I had issues connecting the share feature to social media. So the SS is third party.

When overbuff hadn’t been updated recently I checked because I wanted to know my ranking. When I checked on the site, I reached a peak of 3700 something- which as low as it was, was T5. This was the end of the season. I JUST hit T5 (446), before dropping out a few games later. I remember I did get the rewards. I got it on Eichenwalde, I remember it so clearly because I was so excited. Question, I see you talking about being able to imput some information to receive information… Am I still able to locate this SR? I looked at overbuff now and it doesn’t read any of that information anymore that I saw before.

https:j//imgur.com/MNvniTn

1 Like

Thanks for your evidence, I’ve included it under: Competitive Career Statistics Page.

I tried looking into Overbuff and OP.gg, but I can’t seem to find an option to sort by season or to see players below rank 100. However, you can also find your season peak and season final SR for all competitive modes by requesting your player data from Blizzard. Tutorial here: Reddit - Dive into anything. Once you have obtained your data, use ctrl+F and search up: Player Ranked Role Data. This will take you to your competitive rank data and from there you can see your SR. You would think recording data on a player’s final ranking would be the most important Top 500 statistic, but for some reason, Blizzard only records highest ranking, your highest SR, and final SR. It’s a shame Blizzard now limits visibility of the Top 500 leaderboards to the six most recent seasons now, but at least this data is partially saved in your player data.

The amount of evidence in this thread never ceases to amaze me - in a bad way, that is. And yet, not a single word from Blizzard.

2 Likes

You know like in the first two seasons in ow2 you could actually see that you peaked top500 in open queue in s36 and right now it does not even show that anymore.

1 Like

Yup, I even have screenshots of my career profile showing it included in the Season 36 Top 500 Evidence subcategory. But it was changed in Season 3 so that both season final and season peak SR’s are now Diamond whereas before, it showed season peak as Diamond and season final was Top 500. Yet another point of evidence showing that it was bugged. I’m not sure if that was visible from my Blizzard player data report as I only recently requested one, but I don’t think final leaderboard placement is a statistic that was recorded at all. As for what reason, I have no idea, but my guess is that its because leaderboards can change after a season ends, such as through the removal of banned accounts.

Also, just in case you’ve forgotten to or didn’t see my other replies, could you upload any evidence you have of your Season 36 leaderboard placement? I’m trying to collect and compile as much evidence as I can of our bugged rewards. I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Like

I’ve obtained my data in an email and they literally say the decryption code will be in the ticket on the support page but its no where to be found? Where was your decryption key located if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

Hover over your account name in the white bar at the top of the screen, and then click Support. In the top right, click where it says My Tickets. There should be an entry titled: Access my Battle.net Account and game data. Click on it and you will find your decryption key in the Blizzard reply at the bottom. When you unzip your player data file, it will need this decryption key to access it.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply;

It wasn’t me having the issue but an acquaintance, and they had a positive win to loss ratio consistently, like 5/2 levels of good or sometimes full streaks.

Others who played with them were able to rank up but they weren’t.

The only thing we could deduce was that Blizzard lied about no longer taking MMR based ranking into account and are still, in fact, tracking it to some degree because this would be the only way to explain why they’re stuck in bronze 5.

In every other aspect they’ve been preforming well, but are just stuck in bronze 5 for some reason or another.

1 Like