The Competitive Bugs Megathread

Heya! I’ve had the competitive deathmatch bug happen. I placed Plat1, the next card was Dia4. NOW, I kept winning and went 40-0 however the rank went from Dia4 to Plat4 throughout the grind. The last card had high MMR (gm’s and whatnot) and I went 4-7. It deranked me to gold1.

Next day i did two more cards (10-0) and got to plat4>plat3.

Idk how its calculated but something’s a bit wonky.

I’ll be keeping track of the places and stats from now on in an excel sheet to see what’s going on.

1 Like

I also have this competitive deathmatch bug.
I was first placed D5 (5%), then D5 (65%) after 5 wins, D5 (1%) after 5 wins 1 loss and now P1 after 5 wins 0 losses
Please fix this bug, and adjust the ranks to their real value

2 Likes

Surrowkat & LoneRetriever: Yup, the rank adjustment system for Competitive Deathmatch seems to be very broken at the moment. There have already been several bug forum reports, Reddit posts, and Twitter tweets of players receiving rank demotions despite having long winstreaks, even for very high ranked role queue players. The gamemode has only been available for three days so far however, so I don’t expect the Devs to pick up on this bug for a while longer, at least until the number of reports starts reaches a high enough count. That is, assuming they ever do acknowledge and fix the bug of course…

2 Likes

50 games played. 3 loses with 5th-6th-7th place. Each loss cost me a division. 47 wins (mostly 1st place, 2nd and rarely 3rd place) after each 5 win calibration dropped me lower and lower in rank… Swiss cheese competitive system.

Calibrated into diamond 2, 1 loss → diamond 3 40%, then after wins only diamond 3 27%, then diamond 3 1%, then diamond 4 78%… Then after 20wins I got back into diamond 3 low %, after each consequent loss I went back to d4 and after 50 games done I’m in d4. And I’m not in top500… event thou there are only 104 ppl top 500 in EU.

1 Like

Looking at your reranks and match history so far, it does appear to be on par with what most others have experienced in regards to how much more impactful losses are compared to wins, as well as the Masters 5 upper limit. I hope the Devs can fix this bug, but I with all the other rank adjustment bugs that have and still exist, I wouldn’t be surprised if it never even gets addressed. As for your Top 500 eligibility, I believe in order your account to appear on the leaderboards, you had to have won, not just played, a minimum of 50 games, similar to Open Queue. Your account also has be both SMS Protect enabled and Blizzard Authenticator enabled. Of course, there might also be a bug with your account not appearing on the leaderboards and if you believe that to be the case, then do let me know and I’ll add your post to the megathread.

I have a few screen shots of proof for my claim that my top 500 title and rewards were taken away from me for what seems to be a bug from blizzards side.
https: //imgur. com/user/arlanta01/posts
I ended 80th but after logging on within the first hour of season 4 my season 3 ranking was decayed (known issue from blizz) so I was apparently sent to 231 but while checking the leaderboard I do not appear anywhere in the top 500 despite being higher than all of my friends on the top 500 leaderboards. So would love to see some action taken towards this as I grinded only for it to not even show up anymore.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that your Top 500 rewards were taken from you, that’s an issue I sympathize with greatly. As for the Season 3 seasonal rank decay bug, this was supposedly fixed a few weeks ago, but many players have continued to report it, so it appears the bug fix was not comprehensive. If you would like to bump up similar posts, I have compiled many large ones under: End-Of-Season Competitive Rank And Rewards (Seasons 1-3). I’ve also added this post and the Imgur link under: Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3). However, when I tried going to your Imgur account, it says “This user has no posts”. I’m assuming this either means the post was set to private or it was incorrectly saved. Could you retry editing that post so that the screenshots are visible? I’d greatly appreciate it.

should be uploaded now

1 Like

Alright, I can see it now. Thank you for your evidence.

Hello Azdyph!
I have a question, the majority of forums/discussions I have looked at indicated that a minimum of 50 games were required to appear on the leaderboards.
You are one of the few to write that you actually need 50 wins… is there an official article or something similar from Blizzard with the requirements?

I have been looking for those info because I have done more than 50 games and I am ranked GM5 in open Q in Europe so I supposed I was eligible…

1 Like

I sadly do not have before and after as I never really take profile pictures, like, ever.
I do have my rewards and everything is fine, the only issue is that my dps top500 placement suddenly disappeared (as previously said), I can attach the after to show that I’m suddenly gm1 and not top 500 (even though I was around #390 ish or whatever).
My support top500 is still there at what it was pre patch.
It doesn’t let me upload a link in the message sadly so cant provide proof
I’ll ask for my data and upload in a bit hopefully, quite busy lately

Edit#1:
its @ imgur. com /a/tfq40UV - opening it myself has the pg18+ warning but its just a career pic
Edit#2:
The top500 dps placement was the END of season placement, legit last few minutes IIRC
Edit#3:
I got the data file but I don’t know where the last seasons are at, doesn’t seem like ow2 data is there, only ow1, which I doubt will help in this case, unless you guide me and tell me what info to give you

1 Like

Coolpad: The Devs changed the 25 minimum played games for Top 500 requirement to 25 minimum wins for Top 500 Role Queue back in Season 3. Patchnotes here: Overwatch 2 - Patch Notes. For all non-Role Queue Competitive modes, which so far are: Open Queue, Capture The Flag, Mystery Heroes, and Deathmatch, the requirement was changed from 50 minimum played games to 50 minimum wins as well, but for some reason, this was not noted in the patchnotes. I hope this helps.

Dawn: That is highly unfortunate that you don’t have evidence of your Top 500 placement prior to its loss. Top 500 placement being suddenly removed is a documented bug, I experienced it myself back in Season 36 and I even lost my Top 500 rewards because of it, but it seems you were able to keep yours due to your support rank remaining in Top 500. However, you might be able to find it in you player data. Use ctrl+F and enter in this: 0x06300000000001. This should bring you to the table of competitive ranks in Overwatch 2. I’m not sure which row corresponds to Season 3 Role Queue Support, but you can probably find it through matching your stats, such as peak rank and total number of played games. Please do let us know what you find. I’ve also added your post and evidence under: Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 3).

2 Likes

Thank you for the perfect reply! Nothing to add… have a great day

1 Like

Well, I checked the file and it seems that this is the one according to also the career profile -
https: //imgur. com/k6RgeRi

it doesn’t say anything about the ending rank, just the highest placement which in my case, was minutes before the end of season.

1 Like

Yeah, it looks like your Rank and Rank Sub Tier correspond with your Highest Rank and Highest Rank Sub Tier, so we can’t use that as evidence of a bug either. You would think final leaderboard placement would be a statistic Blizzard records, but apparently not…I’m not sure what else we can do here besides hope Blizzard eventually fixes the leaderboard, but I’m doubtful it could happen without a massive outcry like what happened with the end-of-season ranked rewards for Season 3. If you would like to bump up the posts of other players with your issue and ask around for solutions, there are several threads you can try listed under: Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3). I hope this helps.

What about reaching to them directly? Like, on Twitter or something.

1 Like

Seconding Akiyama, messaging a Dev on Twitter is also a good option as it’s not unheard of for Devs to directly respond. Even if it is unlikely to happen, I would still give it a try.

1 Like

Hi Azdyph!

Sorry I didn’t respond. I was finishing up classes for the semester. To clarify- I was a console player on PS4. I earned the rewards in what looks like 2016, as my screenshot dates to 2016. I was excited- so I took an SS. I didn’t take a picture directly on ps4 as most of the time I had issues connecting the share feature to social media. So the SS is third party.

When overbuff hadn’t been updated recently I checked because I wanted to know my ranking. When I checked on the site, I reached a peak of 3700 something- which as low as it was, was T5. This was the end of the season. I JUST hit T5 (446), before dropping out a few games later. I remember I did get the rewards. I got it on Eichenwalde, I remember it so clearly because I was so excited. Question, I see you talking about being able to imput some information to receive information… Am I still able to locate this SR? I looked at overbuff now and it doesn’t read any of that information anymore that I saw before.

https:j//imgur.com/MNvniTn

1 Like

Thanks for your evidence, I’ve included it under: Competitive Career Statistics Page.

I tried looking into Overbuff and OP.gg, but I can’t seem to find an option to sort by season or to see players below rank 100. However, you can also find your season peak and season final SR for all competitive modes by requesting your player data from Blizzard. Tutorial here: Reddit - Dive into anything. Once you have obtained your data, use ctrl+F and search up: Player Ranked Role Data. This will take you to your competitive rank data and from there you can see your SR. You would think recording data on a player’s final ranking would be the most important Top 500 statistic, but for some reason, Blizzard only records highest ranking, your highest SR, and final SR. It’s a shame Blizzard now limits visibility of the Top 500 leaderboards to the six most recent seasons now, but at least this data is partially saved in your player data.

The amount of evidence in this thread never ceases to amaze me - in a bad way, that is. And yet, not a single word from Blizzard.

2 Likes