The Competitive Bugs Megathread

I finished GM4 on healer and got demoted to Master 5 when season 4 started.

1 Like

Have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it?
I had this bug yesterday and reset my PC, It didn’t happen again after.

1 Like

1 full rank of rank decay, great job devs team, for making rank decay worsen than ever. Hope they’ll fix it and give players affected by this a compensation.

2 Likes

It was kinda weird though Ruu, I went 5/1 in my first placement games and went from masters 5 to Grand Masters 2. So it looks like your mmr from playing ranked should stick regardless what rank you started.

1 Like

Ruu: Seconding DoorlessCal, competitive rank adjustments have always been inconsistent in Overwatch 2, but the Season 4 MMR sync change should help alleviate that going forward. Morgan Maddren recently tweeted that a fix for bugged ranks is being rolled out over the next few days as well: https://twitter.com/SrslyPaladin/status/1651691468346765316. Hopefully that includes a fix to your issue as well.

Beeasaurus & FpgLegend: Good news, the Applying Update bug has been addressed by a community manager. Link here: [Main Thread] Applying Update - #148 by Joynueer. You would think after this exact same bug and fiasco occurred back in Season 1 that it would be fixed going forward, but I suppose not…

2 Likes

Got 3 loss in a row on my new progression and its say that im actually at 0w 6L…

1 Like

That is very strange. Could you upload a screenshot of your competitive rank adjustment progress page and your match history page? Having an extra loss recorded in your record despite not playing those games is a documented bug, but I’ve never seen someone with three extra losses before. I’ve also put your post under: Match History Pages. Perhaps someone listed under there has some information for you.

I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring for the overreactive Defense Matrix as I have posted in the other thread. I caught a stray ban when one of my friends was banned. She got her account restored by appeal a few days later fortunately. However, a week and a half later, nearly our entire friend group was hit with a one day fair play ban for queueing with a cheater. Seems like there was a lot of oversight in how the defense matrix should perform. I’ve never struggled so hard to have a conversation with staff of a AAA company and been shut down as hard as I have here.

1 Like

Agreed, the Customer Support system has been atrocious regarding their ability to accurately understand and address these issues, though that does appear to be a trend across the entire gaming industry at the moment. I’ve never heard of entire groups being banned due to the Defense Matrix system, but given how aggressive it has been since the launch of Season 4, it makes sense that this would be one of its capabilities. Luckily, a Dev did address the overactive Defense Matrix issues and is planning to fix it. I’ll leave a link here: https://twitter.com/SrslyPaladin/status/1648482888038633473?cxt=HHwWgsDS_fucy-AtAAAA. I’d also encourage you to leave a comment about your situation on other major threads about falsely banned accounts such as this one: Falsely Banned Accounts.

2 Likes

Well, at least we know something else, although my question is if they only unban those who have had the error of applying the update… since it has been for many without reason, not even because of the applying update, I imagine they will look at it… We will have to wait but at least I have more hope. Thank you very much for the information :slight_smile:
I’m sorry if there is something wrong, I use google translate

1 Like

According to the recent community manager reply to the Applying Update bug situation, I’m afraid the answer is no at the moment, players will not be compensated for this bug. I’ll leave a link to that here: [Main Thread] Applying Update. Considering the punishment is completely unjustified, the fact players won’t be compensated for this bug is a disgrace and I’d highly encourage you to leave a comment about your situation to that community manager as well.

1 Like

Back from the dead, for some reason I couldn’t log in the forums at all for weeks. Probably a Blizzard moment. Anyway, here’s a free bump.

1 Like

Yup, the forum login page has been rather inconsistent these last two months. Luckily, it always works if you start from the forum’s general page and refresh the request enough times, but it’s certainly annoying. If only I could add that bug to the list too…

1 Like

Yeah, took me way too long to realize that lol. But hey, better late then never - which applies to you as well, BLIZZARD.

1 Like

No longer how long it takes, all shall be forgiven when the rewards we earned are given to us. May the blessings of Papa Jeff grace us all.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Blizzard just decided to close and unlist the forum thread about the false bans, without a single word or explanation on the issue, despite over a hundred reports.

Best customer support of all time.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/falsely-banned-accounts/807864/469

Hope y’all have more luck :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t believe they’ve done this. I guess it’s time I call my bank and see what my options are

5 Likes

Wow, I just hopped on and saw this. Silenced again, very dissappointing.

3 Likes

Now it’s showing as an error page. All that proof is gone.

4 Likes

They straight up deleted it! I went from 74 posts to 5. Okay Blizzard.

EDIT: I advise yall take screenshots/save pdfs. They deleted the whole post after Unlisting/Closing the forum. Why delete it, Blizzard?

4 Likes