Competitive, wrong rank

Was Diamond in support last season got put in plat this season and gave me the plat player title when i was diamond?? Also gave me plat comp points instead of diamond.

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me, my support ended in d5, like it didn’t update at the end of the season. But it says it ended plat 1 but either way I was diamond 5 and only got plat rewards.

If your S3 rank was decayed then it was most likely a bug. They recently pushed out a patch for S4 rank (no patch for the final S3 rank, who would’ve guessed). Win 5 matches and your rank will be fixed.

As I’ve been saying on other similar posts, I don’t mind having my S4 rank decayed but having my final S3 rank adjusted without notice is a slap in the face. You can adjust your S4 rank, you can’t adjust your final S3 rank. Typical Blizzard.

Is there a source to this? I’ll be doing that tonight but I’d just like to confirm.

Most recent “Known Issues” thread.

• We are investigating an issue where Season Three end-of-season final ranks were modified causing lower tier rewards issued for some players, and for current rankings to have wrongly decayed. Players who reach their next Competitive Update should receive their expected ranks.

Just keep in mind this won’t fix last season’s final rank-- just your current rank.

Sorry, I’m not sure what this means.

IE: Season 3 I ended at D4. I logged in yesterday at Plat 3.

Does this mean if I win my games/rank up I should go back to roughly D4?

Oddly enough, I did get my Diamond Challenger title.

Players who reach their next Competitive Update should receive their expected ranks.

Based on this line, it seems like winning 5 games should bring you back up to Diamond (or something higher than what you’re currently at).
Not 100% sure, but that’s what the developers and other players are saying.

It won’t fix last season’s final rank, your career profile will still display Season 3’s final rank as Plat 3.

Actually, mine says D4 for last season iirc, hence why I got my title.

Anyway, I’ll give this a go tonight.

Ah, that’s odd.

Best of luck with your games tonight.

1 Like

The Devs have acknowledged this bug: Overwatch 2 Known Issues - April 11, 2023. However, we still need to keep spreading the word about this bug so that they actually fix it unlike the bugged career profiles and missing end-of-season rewards from other previous seasons like Season 36. Here is a link to my post in case you would like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Incorrect End Of Season Competitive Rank And Rewards (Seasons 1-3). Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.