Competitive servers (failed to connect)

For 2 days in a row,I can’t play competitive match. After the matchmaker finds a match, it says failed to connect to the game server and rejoin the game button appears and after a few seconds, the button disappears and I get ban for failing to connect to servers. This doesn’t happen on normal matches. Now im banned for 20 hours…

4 Likes

Have you found a fix? It keeps happening to me (on any game mode) pretty often.

2 Likes

Careful, don’t get banned 5 times. It becomes a season ban at 5. I have the same issue and had to learn that the hard way.

For anyone having the same problem, please respond letting me know what OS you’re running? I’m on Windows 11. This is on a new build (as of 2 weeks ago), trying to make sure it isn’t a driver or OS issue.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, Im on Windows 10. Have you found a solution since this post?

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem and usually i check by trying to join practice range or a custom game and if i can join them then i queue or then i restart and “scan and repair” and to make sure i join practice range “while i wait” and i find that if you dont join any game “while you wait” then you wont be able to join the game youre queueing for.

1 Like

You’re not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.