Competitive Season 26 Extension

Is this like The Infinite Hotel paradox of ranking?!

1 Like

any chance you could enlighten us on what the technical issue was?

I also got banned a couple of days ago. Internet connection in Ireland is really bad. Now all rewards that I casually enjoyed for this season are lost. It seems Overwatch is not for me.

Frustrated I shall walk away and find another game that wants me. This game is too focused on Overwatch 2 to even care anyway.

Goodbye community. Goodbye Blizzard.

Your end-of-season SR will be the value reached at the updated end of Season 26 next Tuesday, i.e. there are no SR reversions.

1 Like

Nope! Took us a minute to get the leaderboard back up - Should be visible now.

1 Like

If you did not receive your Competitive Points when loading into the game after the original end of Season 26, you’ll receive your rewards next Tuesday when the extended season ends.

1 Like

To clarify questions surrounding Top 500 rewards and the extension of the season: If you were within Top 500 and already received your rewards, you will keep those rewards. Those who were not able to claim their rewards between the original end of season and extension will need to maintain Top 500 through the end of the extension in order to receive Top 500 rewards on Tuesday when Season 26 comes to an end.

1 Like

If you did not place during Season 26 and you place during the extension you will be eligible for end-of-season rewards. The note on “non-consumable” rewards refers to those who already received their rewards for the season.

2 Likes

In this context, it refers primarily to Competitive Points.

2 Likes

Yes! Competitive Season 26 Extension - #60 by JoshNash-1223

1 Like

Yes, you will keep the Competitive Points earned from wins throughout the extension.

1 Like

How will you compensate the 1 minute of my life I wasted staring at the screen waiting for the season to end when I logged in?

I DEMAND ANSWERS BLIZZ

After nearly 5 years of playing I finally managed to reach top 500 for the first time, and was still on the leaderboard when the season officially ended.

Since then I’ve gone on a losing streak trying to keep the SR I should have been rewarded for reaching in the first place, and probably won’t reach again. I know it’s not entirely your guys’ fault given the circumstances, but this is kinda ridiculous. Why not just hand out the season rewards to everyone at the deadline instead of only giving it to some players, and delaying it for the rest of us? Just feeling absolutely gutted by this.

5 Likes

This is a really bad decision pls don’t ever do this again. Can’t deal with regular ppl not taking the game as serious as usual plus more smurfs trying to get their third account placed

1 Like

I suppose. I suppose quitting the game is an option too. I don’t enjoy quick play or arcade mode, and neither of those modes experienced the issue. I fully reformatted my computer, played on my alt in comp with absolutely no problems, and I am still playing on my alt with no problems. The issue is somehow linked to my account, which is, in fact, beyond my control.

Also @WyomingMyst, we discussed this in the other thread, but I should never have been banned from the server. I am playing hundreds of matches now after my reformatted computer and there has been no issue. I find it absolutely insane that if the issue was somehow linked to my account, that I am held accountable, punished, and have an irreversible mark on my account leading towards a permanent competitive ban.

So to clarify about top500 rewards: If I did not make top500 by the original end of season 26, am I still able to get top500 rewards if i make it before tuesday?

So its not worth playing unless you want sprays i am confusioned so much conflicting stuff in that post

I mean yeah but this isn’t a big deal. All this means is you don’t do placements yet. And GM players get to keep their ranks for a little while longer.

1 Like

So I did my placements in the extension and did not recieve any rewards. Is there a fix?

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure other people have already replied to this but I don’t think its fair to say “If you earned a placement you keep it” and then change it to “you have to maintain it” after majority of people will have seen this post first.

Why do people who claimed their rewards when the season was supposed to end, get to keep them just because they woke up on time, but those who couldn’t log in at the time get shafted? It would make more sense to compensate players that earned a spot at the scheduled time than to make it unfair on them.

I made a post here (Top 500 not accurate) explaining my situation in greater detail and was told to come to this post to get a resolution.

Also theres 35 missing Top 500 slots for dps and I’m only 1 sr out of range (4151), surely the leaderboard can be fixed to give the remaining 35 players their rewards irrespective of if I should receive my rewards for it at the scheduled end of season.

2 Likes