Competitive Ranking System -

I was reading and think I saw similar but it all seems different. For example, I was Gold 3 and I won five games, so it put me to Gold 3 but I was already in Gold 3, the game isn’t letting me rank up and by now I should be in like Plat 4 but this bug is preventing that.

4 Likes

same thing is happening me! im kiriko main at the moment, and i recently played my 5 games, won 4 in a row, lost one, won one more and my reward is going from silver 2 to silver 2 again. and im not being carried or anything, i always have more healing than both teams and often end up with 25-30 assists.

2 Likes

it’s so stupid like I’m wondering how they’re gonna correct this.

1 Like

How many games did you lose tho? that is also a factor, if you lost more games than you won, you still rank up in a sense but not to the next division, if you start Gold 3 then you start at Gold 3 0%, and you win 5 games but lose 7, then you would rank up Gold 3 25% and so on until you reach 100%, 100% which is the next division of the tier if that makes sense

1 Like

I also keep my rank when i win 5 Ibarely go up one or get deranked by 1 or 2 lvls. Then when i lose i get knocked down 4 or 5 levels. I went from gold 5 to silver 3 and then from silver 3 to bronze 3 in the span of a week. This is really discouraging because i cant seem to get anywhere with the ranks :frowning:

2 Likes

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

My friend and I are having same issues. My friend is a dps and actually won a bunch of games with positive win rate but just could not get rank up for some reason. I also felt like I should rank up sometimes but did not happen. It is so hard to see whats going on when the ranking is not points based. I rather Blizzard just change it back to points value so at least I can tell whats going on after every match.

2 Likes

it just happened again!! i should literally be diamond 5 by now but I’m gold 3 cause of this…

1 Like