Competitive rank

I have completed my 5 victories several times to get to the next rank but each time I go down a rank. Could someone please help me. Thank you.

1 Like

This is expected behavior. Winning 5 games only means your rank will be updated–it may not always rank up.

1 Like

Ok how do I get to the next rank in this case ?

1 Like

This is currently happening to me as well on support… I was plat2 suddenly deranked to gold2 (after a losing streak) and now I’ve won multiple sets of 5wins and my rank remains the same. I most definitely think this is a bug. Im a bit afraid to play my diamond tank and plat dps roles TBH.

2 Likes

A link to my post in case you would like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this thread would be greatly appreciated.

Ive had at least 4 rank up/down sets of 5 wins and still stuck in gold2. I am playing against plat and diamond players as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Just copying my response here: Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing either the bug that prevents your rank from being adjusted or the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. As for having players of different ranks in your game, that is likely a direct result of the new role mirroring matchmaker mechanic. Or the matchmaker is intentionally failing to create balanced matches in favor of shorter queue times. My guess is both.

Seems to be the latter, I deranked 5 tiers twice. Season 2 for DPS and Season 3 for support. Really appreciate you collating all these bugs. Fingers crossed that Blizz takes notice. Cheers.

3 Likes

Yup that was my guess too but there is a small chance it might be the other bug but there’s no way to tell unless the Devs actually start communicating with us. And I’m glad someone appreciates my efforts. None of issues will be solved if people aren’t vocal about them so if you could, any help in spreading the word about this thread at all would be appreciated. Cheers indeed.

1 Like

im upping all the reports regarding not being able to rank up to see if they actually take a look at it

1 Like