Competitive rank-up bug

Not really sure if this is a bug or just the way the ranking system works. Really hoping its a bug, because the ranking is pretty terrible. I’ve been trying to rank up my competitive dps rank to play with friends that are platinum, while im stuck in silver. I have completed the 7/5 wins many times and sometimes with as little as 2-3 losses, and still have either been demoted or rank unchanged. Most of these games i’ve had the most damage and eliminations in the entire lobby. Yet when i complete my 5th win, i was demoted, then the next 5 wins my rank remained the same. Meanwhile, friends of mine laugh about playing like garbage and still jumping 2-3 ranks after their 5th win. Am i stuck in elo hell? or is this issue fixable? Silver/Bronze has got to be the worst rank to try and climb out of. Please help Blizzard!

3 Likes

I have the same problem, my friend that plays dps with me jumped 4 ranks from gold 2 to plat 3 with one of his 5 matches but I only get demoted or stay the same rank and we almost always match in elims and damage. We both started in silver but no matter how hard I try I can’t get any decent rank-ups. Its been like this since last season, season one I did not have many problems.

Not to mention that the ranked system is still broken and we sometimes get matched with masters, gms and top 500’s.

Ranked just feels like a waste of time and I really don’t see myself playing it for long if I can’t get anywhere.

1 Like

I am playing on the Playstation 5 and having the same issue playing in Competitive as single role queue Support. I have leveled up the win track 3-4 separate times, as Bronze 1, and not only do not level up, but it actually de-ranked me now down to Bronze 2.

I am winning more than I am losing - but frankly even were I not, the description of the rank up conditions clearly states the ranking up/down conditions and I am more than meeting them to be steadily ranking up.

I do not profess to be some kind of pro, but certainly doing enough to be moving out of Bronze and into my traditionally held ranks of Gold/Diamond area. Kind of wasting my time with OW2, apparently.

1 Like

From what I can tell, assuming you’re rank adjustment is inaccurate, which it likely is, it looks like you’re either one of two bugs. One is the supposedly fixed bug that prevented players from being promoted to any rank other than bronze 5 and the other bug is where surpassing a certain rank demotes you five subdivisions. There’s tons of other posts mentioning this exact situation in the posts listed in my thread: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment.

1 Like

I find myself trapped at the same rank despite impressive stats, win rate, and game sense. Teammates lack communication, positioning, and target focus, causing much frustration. The new ranking system fails to assist. @Blizzard, kindly address this issue.

1 Like

I don’t even know what to say here. I’m mind blown that these bugs could still be in the game. Seems like everyone that plays and streams this game have been complaining about these issues regarding the ranking system since overwatch 2’s launch. But where is Blizzard? probably scheming to monetize another aspect of the game.

1 Like