Competitive progress shows an extra loss

Last night I got a rank adjustment. Today I played one game, and I win, and my competitive progress shows 1 win and 1 loss. However, I have only played one game in this adjustment period.

Has there been any word on why this is happening and a potential fix for this?

I also posted on reddit the screenshots.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/1347ilr/the_competitive_progress_screen_is_not_correct_bug/

1 Like

YES i have had the same thing happen to me on this post here

My competitive progress randomly gained extra losses? - Bug Report - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

please this needs to be looked into i got an extra 2 losses for a single game i dont undersatnd why

Blizzard this isnt people forgetting about games they played this isnt people being crazy PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS and fix our ranked cards

I just played a game on my tank and another person in my lobby had the same issue too this isnt uncommon it seems.

1 Like

I am glad I am not the only one. I thought I was going crazy thinking I was forgetting I lost the past week or so. But today I knew that it was an actual error because that was the first game I have played after my rank adjustment.

1 Like

yea if you look at my post its literally mathematically impossible its a bug

Do you think this bug could be related to why people arent ranking up with 5w 2l and such?

1 Like

It might be affecting it, but I’m not sure. If they extra loss is counting as loss in MR or whatever the rank system looks at when determining new rank, maybe. But having that extra loss show up every single time after your rank adjusts feels awful.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here is a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Match History Pages. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

1 Like

This bug BAFFELINGLY is still in the game. I have screenshots and proof of when my previous card ended, how many wins and losses I have on this new card, and that I was given an extra loss despite my played game not reflecting that. Reddit - Dive into anything
This is not the first time this has happened to me either. A previous card in which I had been counting my games was given an extra loss, however, I do not have proof.

1 Like

I just won 2 games in a row on dps role queue and got 2 L’s in a row with that whilst only having played 2 games in total. Now I’m 2-2 while I won both the games I played. Incredible how such a small indie company isn’t able to fix this devastating bug.

1 Like

It is still happening and has been reported a bunch of times. Still no fix or even acknowledgement of it. It isnt clear if this is just a visual bug or affecting rank, but it feels awful.

1 Like