Competitive Play Ban

I have been banned from competitive play so many times this week. There has been bad weather, so I have gotten disconnected from the server. I did not leave on purpose and it doesn’t let me rejoin the match! I am now banned for 8 hours. I never leave competitive games for any reason, even if I’m losing. I can’t rank up because my SR points keep taking big hits from this. I’m so close to just dropping the game.

Playing during times when weather or other outside factors can impact your internet connection is not recommended. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

As a fair warning, if you have hit the 8 hour suspension mark, that is an indication that you are extremely close to a season ban. Season bans will disqualify you from the remainder of the season and you lose all end-of-season rewards including bonus Competitive Points even if you have completed your placement matches. I strongly recommend at this point avoid playing Competitive until the start of season 27 in March to ensure you can claim any eligible rewards.