Competitive mode needs to be more COMPETITIVE!

I guess we are at a stalemate my friend.

It would probably be more competitive if there was something to compete for.

But alas, they want people to compete for the sake of competing. I think they forgot the point of video games.

2 Likes

The only enjoyment I see lately is talking to my friends that are smurfing low tier and rolling the opponent and doing it again and again

Do you mean that your friends are boosting you? If yes, then this is getting pleasure from causing pain to others, and I hope you get banned.

My proposal:

If I win a game of Comp, give all five of my teammates 1 point.
If I loose a game of Comp, give all five of my teammates negative 1 point.
When queueing prefer people with the most points.
After in queue for 5 minutes, disregard all points and find me a match ASAP.

You can opt out of giving points, but canā€™t opt out of having points given to you.
You can toggle the queue time thingy too. Like make it 5,10 or 15 minutes, or forever.

also to answer this post directly, we need to have an extra field to be more descriptive in the LFGā€¦ the length of the title is fine but let me scroll over the title to reveal a field with a 255 character limit that the group lead can fool around with.

1 Like

Have you ever looked at LFG group titles? LFG is nothing but little kids looking for a perma ban. The fix should be to have an extra stat in the algo. Maybe add avg medal count to the MMR/SR calculations. The overwhelming majority of my games have kids that do literally nothing. Even the avoid ( Needs to be more than 2 Blizz ) STILL has those peeps in my groups afterwards. IF this game has millions of players there has to be something tracked for people who at least try to win. Then the ranks would have meaning and carried people would drop.

4 Likes

How exactly did you come to that conclusion from what I wrote because your statement is not even close to what I typed out. I merely pointed out where OW friends I talk with gain their enjoyment of gameplay.

Then is it just your friends who need to be banned then? Go ahead and report them.

Why would I want to hurt someone? Is there a blue post saying that playing an alternate account is against the TOS?

Playing an alternate account is fine. Throwing to get to the low tiers, then smashing people is not fine, and is against the terms of service.

A top player that is playing to win wonā€™t be in gold by the end of placements. You didnā€™t say exactly what you mean by low tier, but I assume that you mean where you are and below.

3 Likes

People that throw should be banned from the game.

No, Banned from comp so they can only play crappy game modes.

How to rank up: pick brig

Thereā€™s nothing they can do to deter smurfs/trolls/etc. Comp is fine as is. Could be better but unsure your wish list would fix much of anything.

Something needs to be done.

PS4 OW appears to be dying on its ar$e. Made lots of friends over the last year or so. Theyā€™ve almost all gone to other games.

Was speaking with another friend the other night. Heā€™s fed up with the number of idiots he gets on teams, just feeding and not even playing the game properly. Heā€™s considering finishing with OW.

In quick play I noticed a player Iā€™d played with two nights before. I only noticed as his name quite distinctive, and he was fccking shtt. I out healed his Ana with my Zenyatta, and Iā€™m a pretty bad Zenyattaā€¦
I wonder how small gaming population is if Iā€™m spotting same guy so soon?

Nearly a month now since the crippling group comms bug making lfg all but impossible. Still not fixed.

Was playing with another friend in qp. Heā€™s a super calm person, but even he was getting triggered by the number of idiots in our games. He refuses to even contemplate comp unless we can 6 stack, which is nigh on impossible now.
Last time he played comp, he did 10 placement games. He had Leavers in 5 of themā€¦

Absolutely love this game, at itā€™s best. But good games getting rarer and rarer alasā€¦

Stop whining and start using your head.

You have the tools at your disposal to build the team you want. LFG, friends list. Take some ownership and be part of the solution.

So im guessing you love being a salty boi?

As much as I love using LFG because my experience in it has been a better learning experience (where the losses make more sense, honestly), I will have to admit, its flawed in a sense thatā€¦ well, yes, its more of the community making a good thing work more like a bad thing.

Alot of people come in to LFG expecting a win out of it, but donā€™t realize that the enemy team theyā€™ll be facing will expect the same. Wanting it and hoping for it is better than expecting it.

Honestly, the gameā€™s filled with much, much more people who donā€™t have a true competitive mindset. You go in it to improve WHILE striving to win, but you have people who go in it with a ā€œjust for funā€ mentality and they vastly outpopulate the ones who go in it and care to win.