Competitive mode needs to be more COMPETITIVE!

I feel like Competitive mode has slowly devolved into gloried quick-play that awards CP and smurfs. Blizzard! Release a new gamemode or retool comp to require mics, require teamwork play, make punishments harsher / let teammembers reports actually give a damn. Hold people accountable for their actions so only players that are serious about winning are the ones that can play.

Disable petty private profiles, add the negative endorsement feature back in.

Make it a mode that you have to optionally agree to, Name it “Overwatch Mode: Mature”

Right now comp is a pit of throwers, smurfs, people that get off on causing mayhem in whatever tier… its the same crap.

5 Likes

Blizzard gave you LFG so you can make a team with those requirements.

3 Likes

Did you know ~ The same thing happens in LFG. Where did blizzard state that LFG was the solution to toxic gameplay?

2 Likes

So kick those people from your LFG group. It’s not Blizz’s fault you don’t know how to use the tools correctly.

4 Likes

You can kick people during a game? When was the feature added?

3 Likes

Kick them after the game. Add good players to your friends list. Mark the people you don’t like so you can keep kicking them.

It’s not complicated.

Get enough friends and you don’t even need LFG to set up a group.

1 Like

So I should suffer lost games and roll dice to see if i get good people?

My idea would solve everything. Why is Overwatch turning so immature. People don’t want to work for skins / sprays, they want them handed to them. People don’t want problems fixed they always blame the person suggesting change.
When did this game become a haven for SJW’s that need private profiles and safe spaces.

Damn… Unreal Tourny 2004 was more mature then this…

2 Likes

You have LFG to minimize the chance of getting people you don’t like. You’re the one that wants things handed to you by trying to change the base rule of the game to match your own draconian ideals.

It’s go nothing to do with SJW or safe spaces. The fact that you even go to that makes me almost makes me want to disregard anything you have to say.

Then go play UT2004.

Did I ask for the game to be changed? No sir I did not, I think Blizzard should make a mode for players that actually want to take comp seriously.

Why is your profile private? Do you have something to hide?

How does private profiles help the community, please explain it to me.

1 Like

Yea you don’t want to change the game right?

You showed exactly why profiles are private, because people like you try to use profiles as a source of toxicity. My profile is completely irrelevant to this conversation, yet you jump to it as if it mattered.

Example:

You assume I have something to hide with no evidence except that it’s private. The default is private. I could choose to not reveal my information, I could be too lazy to change it, I could have not known it was private. But no, you immediately jump to I must be trying to “hide” something bad. This is prime example of toxic mentality and why private profiles is both a good idea and needed.

Personally, I hope private profile will make people like you angry enough to quit the game. It’s not my reason not publicizing my profile, but it’s a notable factor.

1 Like

Why dont you read again instead of cherrypicking my text to quote.

1 Like

I didn’t cherry pick anything. I read what you wrote.

Are you sure about that? Because it looks like you left off where I asked for a new gamemode.

So you’re just going to ignore this part?

1 Like

You cant ask a question over a question that’s just poor debatemenship.

Ignoring half of your own argument is poor debatemenship.

1 Like

Pretty sure you dont know the rules of debate.

Humor me and list one.

Now you’re going off topic.

1 Like

So answer my question.

It’s off topic, so why should I waste my time?

1 Like