Competitive handicap not worth the struggle

That sounds like being carried to me, not you actually holding your own in those games.

Post your replay codes. Iā€™ve solo-queued every role to high platā€¦ Iā€™ll tell you if you play like one or not.

From a profile peek, I can tell you right off the bat that Iā€™d expect MUCH higher average accuracy from a platinum level player. Your eliminations per life are also not as Iā€™d expect if you were fighting people under your skill levelā€¦ and you are either dying a lot as a support or heal-botting (the latter would suggest you are hard-pocketing your higher ranked duo partner)ā€¦ which would make your DPS, tanks, and the other support have to work much harder than they normally would, which would easily explain their underperformance in your eyes.

Get them codes up and prove me wrong.

I could I wouldnā€™t mind really, but what youā€™re saying is that Iā€™m going to be judged by your standards and thatā€™s how youā€™re going to decide if Iā€™m plat? first off you looked at my stats which you should know if you are a plat or above that stats being absolutely nothing Iā€™ve been in plenty of games where none of my teams got top stats and we win. Thing about average stats too is that games lengths have varying times. Iā€™ve really never pocketed anybody, I usually just play brig.

The thing about replay codes is whenever somebody else watches them theyā€™re always watching for your faults Itā€™s hard to notice when you do something good but itā€™s easy to notice a mistake, Neither do you know the attention behind my actions and why I didnā€™t go right instead of left or vice versa.

but like I said, friends I met him when he was in gold and I was in silver and now heā€™s 125 at away from Diamond. We exclusively play together and we seem to lose when we donā€™t play together and our teamwork is barely existent.

Iā€™m well aware that my role queue ranks suck l Donā€™t play it at seriously as I do open queue anymore but even still Thatā€™s part of the argument that Iā€™m having is that lower levels seem to suck you lower and playing as Plat is l easier. You have more reliable teammates I no longer have to worry that there will be a lack of DPS because the DPS is usually on point That doesnā€™t support class if youā€™re lacking a DPS and you decide to go DPS support your healing will suffer and itā€™s risky to drop healing in the lower ranks, everybody needs healing in his lower ranks, theyā€™re all damage sponges

coincidentally Iā€™m using my passes right now as damage and Iā€™m finding it super easy to climb but Iā€™m barely starting to play DPS Ranked serious just now because of the passes.

As for our debate I donā€™t know I could either go by your standards or the standards of the game as I play plats and beat plats admittingly it started to get harder once I hit the 2.7k plat range but Iā€™m still waiting more than Iā€™m losing right now.

It does and I suspected that for a while too but Iā€™ve noticed that my friend when he plays alone he drops in SR. So if my friend cannot rank up without me how exactly is he carrying me? Iā€™m the one who got him close to Diamond anyway we started when he was high gold .

Yes. When he plays with you, it lowers the average SR of the enemy team since youā€™re 2 ranks below him. He can carry vs plats, but not hold his own vs diamonds.

2 Likes

Except that he was a gold when I met him and he only climbed close to Diamond playing with me. And sure it might lower average rank for him but it heightens the average rank for me so I intern should be a hindrance

But any event that you were correct That means that there are cheap ways to climb to higher levels and if thats the case that puts all people who are higher level into question, as they could have simply done this strategy.

Unranked to GM with a pocket support is very common for streamers. Thereā€™s a reason that pocket support is there. Plats playing well together can mitigate a single GM smurfā€¦ but not when itā€™s a duo and that GM is being hard-pocket enabled.

Yes, because I know what Plats play like. Iā€™m not looking for EVERY mistake I can find. Iā€™m looking for what separates Silver and Gold from Platinum. I think that if I dropped you into a solo-queue mid-Plat match, youā€™d be in for an awakening. That is based on the numbers youā€™re putting up right nowā€¦ they DO mean something.

1 Like

Interesting, I wonder why do you think plat games are easier tho when your only plat games you do are with Diamond player friend. That is not same as solo Q plat games at all. If you dont play plat games solo just like your silver/gold games you cant really compare it.

I like your mindset, I think what you need it just a little bit of help and you would be open to criticism most likely. That can help you provide more value in solo Q games and help you climb. Trya asking for replay code reviews.

Place you are in, mid gold is really mess to be honest. You need to spam a lot of games, be consistent and climb with PBSR bonus to your SR. Gold is full of players with different skill level so consistency is the key, you have to get maximum from every match in term of your performance to start gaining more SR than losing.

1 Like

Main issue is the ELO system and new players. ELO was designed for 1 on 1 chess ranking.

It works great one on one but not for groups and the reason is simple you start with at a gold ranking on a new account rank, and are either pretty good or awful depending on your mechanical skill because there are people carrying you.

The people you play with at rank skill wildly differ depending on the time of day they play.

There are a ton of people that play in the evenings that are obviously drunk or drug affected. They earned their position initially but the game canā€™t determine state of mind, nor probably it should.

So you have widely differing skill levels playing with each other because of the players state of mind.

Its a sad state of affairs yes, is there a solution ? I have no idea but in the end its still fun and if it isnā€™t then perhaps you need to change modes or switch games.

Protip: Next time after responding to a post first read it and donā€™t blabber about other not related things. Your reading comprehension is bad so before YOU start personally attacking someone try to fix your own issues. Do you really think people watch streamers that are in top 500 only because they are skilled? Like I said you need personality first. You never streamed and you trash talk like a kid. Your brain is probably a big on/off switch holding one bit of information.

My first language is also none of your concerns since you need to fix your own language problems first. This is your common problem right? Deflecting to others?
Cheers.

I agree. Good thread

Again I donā€™t pocket It wouldnt work that well because I play Brig. Anyway I wish the patch didnā€™t delete my replays and showed player ranks because the only match I have where I play with my open queue with my friend is 1, and thatā€™s match was honestly a mess largely because I was the only healer 1st round (brig) we did good next round, then the teamā€™s fails push but then with our push while we technically won the bastion and torb turret made the win look pretty bad. I could give you this replay but I that match would honestly serve to look make me look bad despite unless you knew the why I was doing certain things.

Although since 90% of my games are with Brig on open queue (since no one likes playing healer and I donā€™t mind) and I reserved open queue to play with my high plat friend, itā€™s pretty reflective of what my games with him have been as we basically climbed about 1000sr together (not so much the first half but the second half we played exclusively with each other). Right now as of writing this my open queue win ratio with brig (reflective of the plat games) is 65%. Role Q (which is when I solo) is 54%. Now even if I was making this all up and you were to just look at my stats alone, at 2.3k open q Iā€™m 65% wins Brig but at 1.7k role q Iā€™m 54% wins Brig. At the very least this discrepancy Isnā€™t suppose to exist unless it was easier to play in higher ranks, at least to a point (midplat has started to become more difficult but technically still getting more wins than I would in a silver match).

oh interestingly enough the reason I have only one replay of open Q with my friend Is that we spent some of the time playing role Q, which actually might have been the first time weā€™ve done this. My friend Is plat all across the board except for damage. So it was interesting to see that even with my much higher ranked friend, we managed to lose about half of those games paired with silvers and golds. You would think that even at these lower levels we would should perform better as weā€™re the same team which in the higher levels perform so well but it was not the case.

Adding you to my ignore list. Didnā€™t read your post.

Mkay donā€™t forget also to tell your mum :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Open queue ranks are inflated. Many players have posted anecdotes to this effect ever since the mode was released. Plat OQ does not equal Plat RQā€¦ as youā€™ve discovered.

Iā€™m not dumping on you for kicks. But I can see from your numbers that you are not putting up the stats to justify a Platinum rank.

I say this without demeaning you and from just the stats that I have access to:

Your accuracy is low. You will NOT be able to consistently land shots on a high plat player as that is the SR range where avoidance techniques become necessary to not die immediately. You will have trouble confirming kills even on Gold players at this level of accuracy.

Your E:D ratio is low. You are not focus firing targets that your team has gotten low, or you are dying too much. As a support, you should do everything possible to NOT die. This may also suggest your movement and positioning is NOT good (A-D strafing properly, juking, baiting, and playing around cover).

Iā€™d wager if you are able to substantially improve those two metrics, you would be effective in high-gold / low-plat.

You can always post a few replays and prove that I am mistaken. Consistency is key to climbing, you canā€™t just play well for one match then bomb the next two.

Heā€™s in Bronze and low Silver in the role queue roles and his numbers at that rank are underwhelming. If he goes solo against a Platinum team itā€™s going to be a massacre.

1 Like

Iā€™ll share a match. ASNEG9

This was ungrouped QP, but most or all of the players were Gold-Plat-Diamond (lots of open profiles) and playing to win it. It felt very ā€œPlattyā€ as a match, if that translates. Most of the people youā€™d spec in the match are doing what Iā€™d be looking for if I were to view your replays.

Normally Iā€™d post a competitive replay but I donā€™t have any on hand right now. This game felt pretty much like a mid-plat match feels like however, with the commensurate tactics and positioning and I feel is a suitable demo for this purpose.

It was a close game and hard fought on both sides!

1 Like

Iā€™d say the reason for poor match quality is the compromises Blizzard makes when fair matchmakinging comes into conflict with some other priority.

See but thatā€™s the problem You have no idea what I play or how I play it, I play Brig and Torb, two characters that arenā€™t specifically renowned for their accuracy. With Torb, I spam primary fire even when there isnā€™t necessarily an enemy on screen or Iā€™m not guaranteed to land shots. Believe it or not this works very well and I manage to get torbs damage to over 1K a minute most games Thatā€™s without my turret, So although my accuracy ends up being 18%, thatā€™s because Iā€™m just firing into air so much as a prep to actual combats, I wouldnā€™t do this with other characters like Soldier but for Torb Well itā€™s hard to explain Itā€™s a whole bullet time thing to shoot thing. So that with Torb really lowers my accuracy, and then considering I play Brig Iā€™m not really going to be getting that many eliminations with her and if youā€™re looking at my overview overall stats thatā€™s going to lower my eliminations. As for my death ratios say what you will but but you have no idea the type of style of brig and torb I play and I donā€™t get the luxury of always being able to chill back in with Brig like they do in the higher ranks or be a less aggressive Torb all the time. Iā€™m still winning a lot more, 65% more, it doesnā€™t matter if it takes me low accuracy or high death count to accomplish it, the point is to win.

I donā€™t think youā€™re picking on me or anything, but it sounds to me like you just have trouble accepting the fact that Plat is in fact easier to play than bronze and silver at least in console (could be because of the ease of making new accounts and the fact that itā€™s free to do so thereā€™s a larger population of Smurfs and there is on PC). Bronze and silver ranks are destroyed, Your going to tell me that my healer dips down all the way into bronze I managed to climb up all the way into gold after around 300 games which should have cemented my average skill by then and now it seems dead set to bring me down to bronze, and the lower I go the harder it becomes to win. Which is strange as you would figure that the lower I go it would be easier to win but nope it actually becomes harder.

As for open queue being highly inflated sure I guess thatā€™s explains why my friend who is plat all around has the same amount of SR in open Q as he does Role Q. If it werenā€™t fact easier to do one or the other he would be a lot higher in open que but thatā€™s not the case. Neither does it make sense for it to be like that what are you saying only worse players play open queue as if the same group of players didnā€™t play open queue play role queue.

Ultimately higher level play easier than lower level play, ironically this is all the fault of the higher level players who decided to go make Smurf accounts breaking the matchmaker and basically ruining the experience the lower rank. Games in bronze and silver inconsistent one game I could roll the team and next games I get demolished, and it isnā€™t like this in Plat. In Plat its more consistent you feel like thereā€™s an average level of play and as if you always had a fighting chance each match as if it comes close, but I could go into a bronze game not knowing if Iā€™m about to get rolled or not by a bunch of bronzes and thatā€™s ridiculous. Maybe itā€™s different for you, I donā€™t know if youā€™re some kind of master player to where it doesnā€™t affect you and you donā€™t see this difference but for us average players who probably belong in plat/gold maybe diamond it makes a difference in terms of how hard it is to climb if you out them down there

Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s a topic right now going on in competitive saying that elo helll is real from a guy who has two separate accounts and all their little stories on there as well.You could call us all liars if you want, really thereā€™s no way of convincing you, because itā€™s not your experience.

Oh geez, what a shocking surprise. Another 6 games of complete idiot teammates. All in a row! Again! For the 1000th time!

Nice fā€™n handicapping, Blizzard.

ā€œJust say you need a week to regain your lost SRā€ - Jeff Kaplan

Yeah, and why would we need that? To pad the gameā€™s play time after you steal SR away with your scam matchmaker?

2 Likes