Competitive Deathmatch Rank Broken

I’ve always found most of the limited-time competitive modes interesting to try out, and competitive deathmatch is no exception. However, myself and many others have noticed that it is physically impossible to go up in rank.

Despite going way positive in W/L, everyone seems to be going down in rank every series. For example, I went 5-3 after my placements and went down % in plat 3. Everyone I’ve asked has had a similar experience.

I wonder if the devs will even see this post, but may as well give it a shot.

5 Likes

I went 5-0 with only first and second place and got placed d5, got another 5-0 again and deranked to plat 2, and i am usually a gm player. The system is very much broken. I quit.

1 Like

Actually i am facing the same problem i am Grand Master in all ranks even the limited-time competitive modes except tank role master 3 so it must be the first placement at least diamond for the new mode but i got platinum 3 which I found reasonable considering my performance in those initial matches but i continue playing the mode and i played 41 games and i won 40 game of 41 so now i have to be atleast diamond 1-3 because i got 8 placement 40 wins and 1 lose but i am still platinum 3 so no way that i deserve platinum and can’t rank up in this mode

1 Like

40-0 :
-30 times 1st
-7 times 2nd
-2 times 3rd
-1 time 4th
and i go from d4 16% to d5 9% total

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here is a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Deathmatch. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Dude. You beat me to the punch apperently. I have also done 40 games.
My results (for the sake of more stats for the dev team to look at ig):
40 “wins” and 0 “losses”
-27 times 1st
-8 times 2nd
-3 times 3rd
-2 times 4th
My first time ranking I was 95% In Diamond 5
Thoughout the process I have made it to Diamond 4
ONLY WINNING I have made it all the way down to 55% in Diamond 5
I belive the bug is that it is reranking you fresh every time as I cannot find where the stats are being held. Maybe thats the issue idk.

1 Like

I have found more information:

1. I found where the stats are being held:
    [PICTURE]
    It looks very dumb as it is hidden under the old Competitive Deathmatch and isn’t the most recent one that shows up because they named it Season 1. Luckily it is held separately from the other “Season 1”
  2. Proof that I went 40-0 for the plat players who think that’s impossible (Joke):
    PICTURE
  3. What follows is one of the people I have friended who is Diamond 1 after only 11 Games won and his stats:
    PICTURE
    PICTURE
    I am confused as to how he has outranked me here and I cannot get up to his level.
    the stats he is higher than me in are:
    a. Final Blows (34 per ten to my 33.7 per ten)
    b. Deaths per ten (he is lower)
    Thats it. I have 29 more games won, higher dmg per ten, more assists per ten, more solo kills per ten, and more elims per ten.

Conclusion it is possible to be higher than diamond 4 but I have no clue as to how this is achieved. It doesn’t seem to be just winning more games then you loose. Either it has to do with competitive elimination from OW1 or how good 1 set of 5 goes (maybe he got 1st in 5 games in a row?). My best set so far was going four 1rst places and one 2nd place. This net me the highest result I have gotten so far (d4 top 5%).

For some reason the images did not go through, so youre just going to have to trust me ig :expressionless:

1 Like

You can attach images by uploading them to another website and pasting the link in the comments. Just add spaces in the middle of the URL so it doesn’t get recognized.

60 games played
53- won
7- ties (w/e the hell that is)
0- loss

placed plat 1
and have only stayed plat one or danced around plat.
literally went 5-0 with 4 1st place finishes and went down in rank.

AVG per 10
elims- 45.11
final blows- 29.22
solo-17.60
deaths-14,30

GM-dps role

I have more FFA hours than most players have in the vanilla game, Got the EXecutioner title back in NOV when the broken tank players infested FFA lobbies. I was so hyped for this game mode so I could play against quality lobbies. Now I’m just pub stomping and literally de -ranking for winning.

2 Likes

Having a similar experience as well. I have gone 25-2 over all and have only gone from Plat 1 to D5. Going 5-0 I go from 85% in D5 to 40%. Makes no sense. For reference, I was GM in Mystery Heros, I’m top 500 in open queue, and I’m gm in all roles except for support.

1 Like