Competitive Bug?

Tell me how I win five games for an update while Diamond 3, but watch my update go from “Plat 3” to “Plat 1” - It’s not like I haven’t been playing comp so there should be no decay, but that’s ridiculous.

4 Likes

Have you posted this in the bug report forum? Swear I saw someone else post something similar recently. Might be a new bug.

2 Likes

it is now, Forgot to change it

3 Likes

I play the rank every day and win almost always and get over 40 kills in a game and my level is excellent in the game but the rating is always low and does not go higher than bronze 1 I have won more than 100 rounds in competitive but the rating does not rise and it is still on bronze 1 and I play with my friends but they reached gold 1 but My rating has not increased since the beginning of the second season, and I am annoyed by this thing and lost my passion for the game. Please solve my problem as soon as possible

2 Likes

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Literally happened to me too. I was at Diamond 4 when I dropped to Plat 1. Then after another 5 wins i went from Plat 5 to Plat 1. Then yesterday, I went from Plat 1 to Plat 3 like wtf. Such a waste of time. There’s no point in playing if I’m gonna be trapped in Plat…

1 Like

My ranking seems to follow a pattern, first i stay at the rank i was before i won 5 games, then next 5 wins, i only go up one. i win most of my games and get higher stats then everybody else, so i think my rank up system is a little too strict. i often play with my freind, and even tho i outperform him because ive played overwatch longer he ranks up much faster then me.

1 Like

This just happened to me 03/10/2023 3 am, I just finished a my 5 games to win, I know I was plat 3 prior to the 5th game starting on tank. I won and my rank went from some how gold 3 to gold 1? Im confused and A bit frustrated. My rank should of gone to plat 1 then right?

1 Like

The other day after the update i got deranked and the screen showed my rank changing from gold 3 to gold 4 support, however i wasn’t a gold 3, I’ve been in plat for weeks and my rank prior to this was plat 3. is this normal? i understand that i got reranked its simply the fact that it displayed the wrong rank to start with. also none of my friends faced the same issue despite the fact i always play with them and they should also be due a demotion around the same time.

1 Like

After a couple days, I’m back in diamond 5, but I’m still upset with how much I gotta climb to get back to where I was.

Makes me happy they aren’t gonna rank decay anymore

1 Like