Competitive Ban for Season 1/Season One [Main Thread]

Well, after thinking somehow the competitive patch fixed the LC-208 error. I was wrong.
Now I am banned indefinitely till season 2.

Yes people are aware the servers are unstable but banning people when it’s not their fault and no system to catch these errors is not good.

Technical part: The player is kicked from a competitive game when it is in the beginning, middle, or near the end of a game.
When kicked we are taken to the LC-208 error and starting screen.
When trying to re enter the game it gives the same error.
Theory: after constantly spamming the button to re enter the game, it lets us enter only after the game has finished, supposedly.

10 Likes

Isn’t this a bit of an oxymoron?

If you are aware the server are unstable, and you have gotten multiple disconnects already, why did you continue to queue to the point that you got an entire season ban.

Do you realize how many DC’s you have to get for that to happen?

At some point, your own negligence makes it your fault.

happened to me after three time so no

It is obviously not unreasonable for a released game to be literally playable. Suggesting that the solution to the problem be to not play the game, when the problem is being locked out of playing the game is the closest thing to a self-defeating argument (what I assume you meant by oxymoron) in this thread. It is also fair to assume the original poster knows how many DCs it takes to get banned, as he is the one who is banned. Don’t insinuate as someone who doesn’t know what the number is that it must be very high to someone who knows what it actually is. The answer, by the way, is 5. This is not something that the system tells you at the outset, nor does it warn you when you are on your last ban. This is an absolutely necessary piece of information because it is at that time when it actually would be a good idea to hold off on competitive play until you are reasonably sure the servers have stabilized. But it doesn’t let you know you are on your last strike, or how many strikes total to expect.

Stretching to contend that the blame for these issue lie in the hands of anyone but the development team is disingenuous on its face and to do so in a support forum as someone with nothing to do with the issue is juvenile and embarrassing. Please get a life

5 Likes

If we’re speaking literally, it’s “literally playable.”

Or, are we AWFUL™???

(Americans Who Figuratively Use Literally)

Yes, I mean actually literally, as in the OP and other console users cannot play competitive because they have been banned because of a client-side bug having to do with achievements. When the only remedy to a bug is to stop playing until it is patched, and especially when the ultimate outcome of the bug is to lock the players out of the game, the game is textbook-definition unplayable.

1 Like

Why are you acting like you have to represent an issue that is not the fault of the user . People are getting disconnected from blue screens and crashes. In no way is that the fault of the user they should increase the number of disconnects allowed for this season or until the Lc glitch is fixed.

2 Likes

I’m crashing too. On PC. But I’m not going to go into Competitive and get banned because that would be…

A Brainless, Stupid Decision.

2 Likes

Yes, playing Competitive Overwatch is a “Brainless, Stupid desicion.”

Way to willfully misinterpret a statement that is immune to misinterpretation.

Playing Competitive Overwatch when I know I will get Crashes that cause me to get Suspended and Banned is a Brainless, Stupid Decision.

If you’re getting constant disconnects or crashes, stop playing the game mode because you know what’s going to happen if you get a string of those… Use your intellect.

It’s like touching a hot stove and being surprised when you get burnt.

And you people wonder why others don’t take you seriously…

I’m monitoring the forums to see if there happen to be any news on what is causing the crashes and what I can do to fix it - if anything.

You will not see me here crying about being suspended from Competitive due to them, because I am smart enough to realize that this problem is easily avoidable by simply not playing Competitive when I know it will eventually happen to me due to predictable crashing.

No, it’s not what anyone wants, but the situation is 100% avoidable and should definitely be avoided [easily] by anyone who actually reads these forums (since you should be aware of what’s going on).

2 Likes

This thread is to discuss the issue that people are getting banned from competitive Overwatch 2, not a thread about calling people brainless because they got kicked from getting an achievement mid game and getting bans.

My situation happened to have gotten me banned because of LC, achievements, and others. Oh well, but at least it’s being discussed here.

Please stop posting here diluting the issue at hand.

1 Like

are people not allowed to hope that the next 30 minutes is fortuitous ?? i find it so weird that everyone jumps to say “yea ur internet sucked and u willingly got on u deserve the ban not blizzards fault” i dont even have bad internet and im still getting disconnected from ow2 servers.

Why do you people always come here to misrepresent what people are stating, even when anyone else can go back and read the posts you’re referencing?

1. No one said your internet sucks.
  2. Everyone here has stated that the issue is on Blizzard’s end.
  3. If you get the point where you’ve gotten a Competitive Ban for the Season, then you should have noticed the trend of constant Disconnects. Most people will realize this and think “gee… maybe not a good idea to keep queuing until I figure out what’s going on.”

You don’t get an instant season ban. The ban ramps up. It starts at 15 minutes and then it goes up from there.

And because reprimands ruin your account reputation, future reprimands can be more severe - result in eventually being banned from the Competitive Game Mode altogether.

So trying to press your luck is probably going to hurt you further on down the line.

2 Likes

This is extremely dense and naive. I took a break from the game for a couple days because it was kicking me to the menu every 5 minutes. Guess what? I played 4 quick play matches this morning with no issue. Just played a comp game with no issues. Second comp game I get kicked out three times. There is no way for anyone to tell when or if these garbage servers are going to kick them.

1 Like

And queuing for competitive when you know the servers and game are completely unreliable is…

NOT “DENSE AND NAIVE?”

Make it make sense, please.

I haven’t played comp since 2 days after OW2 launched, why? Because I KNOW - for a fact - that I will get crashes. Why would I go there when I know it’s just going to tank my SR and result in suspensions or bans?

So do I. All I play is Quick Play at the moment. I am not touching Comp until the issues are address (and we get official word on the status). When I crash in Quick Play, I log in and go to another game. I don’t care about Battle Pass XP. Comp is a different matter.

It would suck to get a Season ban, only for the issues to be fixed in another week or two… except I’d still be banned for 6-7 weeks.

Which is why queuing for comp right now is a “dense and naive” decision.

See above. That’s kind of the issue. If we could predict it, then it wouldn’t be a problem at all. Duh?

This is why I am not queuing for Comp, and why I don’t think people who are prone to disconnecting and crashing should be doing so - UNLESS they are willing to deal with the consequences of that.

If you’re okay with being suspended or banned, fine.

Again, it takes multiple disconnects to get any lengthy reprimand, and several to get a Seasonal Ban. Some of us have been here for a while. We know how it works.

By the time you get to the point that you’re getting a ban for the entire season, you have had more than enough chances to think it over and choose a path that would allow you to avoid this happening.

This is not the case of someone DC’ing 1-2 times and getting banned for Season 1… it isn’t even anything close to that.

2 Likes

Your entire point is that we shouldnt be playing competitive when we know that theres issues that could lead to us getting suspended or banned which makes sense. but the rest of the game sucks tbh and not really enjoyable. For someone like myself i enjoy progressing in a game knowing im getting better and the rest of the game provides no enjoyment in that as quick play no one takes seriously or trys there best ( as they should as its QP) which leaves nothing for me to play.

Then you can say " dont play then " but i like the game and should be able to play it with what it has to offer instead of waiting weeks on end for maybe a fix as 2 weeks have past and nothing has changed.

Also the player shouldnt be blamed for playing a huge aspect of the game when other playforms can play it without the same issues. So expecting players not to play a huge part of the game so we dont get suspended or banned as they try to fix the issue without even acknowledging it in the patchnotes is very unrealistic while they try to fix the shop or aim assist for pc which all the content creators had the opinion on.

Except there has been no communication at all and there is no indication that there will be any communication when it is fixed.

My DC issues happen across all game modes. QP, comp, spectating, etc. The whole game is busted. I was using QP to test it and it appeared to be working. That is all that can be done at this point besides not playing at all because there is no communication from Blizzard at all.

I don’t even have a season ban because I did stop playing after getting kicked a few times. Apparently everyone should know that if they get kicked once that it is the servers and not their connection or any other plausible factor. It is naive and dense to expect everyone to know what is going on right away, especially with the lack of communication.

Keep brown-nosing and white knighting for Blizzard though, I am sure they appreciate it.

Wow, this bit.ch thread is still going?

Half the problem is, people are idiots these days and dont learn for their own good.

• Its a 2022 issue, other generations knew better :joy:

your reply is ignorant as hell several other threads with this same exact problem, with widely varying circumstance its not like its this one “bit.ch” its several of your fellow ow2 enjoyers,i dont understand the compulsion to use the same tired excuse “just dont queue up”. the fix to a bug shouldnt simply be not to play.

It is simple, If it dont work for you… dont use it.
There are so many examples in the world were people do something because they think they are special or it will be ok and they are an exception.

Some times you just have to accept the situation and move on.