Competitive ban for nothing

Today I played competitive and my internet connection died for a minute. Then I rejoined to match and finished it with victory but got banned for leaving and lost billions of SR. Blizzard, wtf? Why do you hate me? This is not even the only one case. It happened to me before. If this is not a bug and game is working just like it planned, I will not believe in humanity anymore :pensive:

No bugs, working as intended.
If you leave, rejoin and win you still lose points simply because you left the game.
And you got banned because it happened several times already as you said.

Fix your internet.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

But I had bans for leaving even with working internet connection. It’s was your servers’ fault

1 Like

WyomingMyst, why don’t we win the SR if our team wins the match? It happened to me before that I played a very active role enabling my team to win and then towards the end of the match the game bugs out, the screen freezes, I can still hear everyone in the match for several minutes and then afterwards it gives me the lost connection message and the game comes back on again without me pressing anything. It is unfair to deduct the full leaver penalty, you should at least reward the winning sr to compensate. What do you think?

Because the general rule is to discourage leaving games. If abused, a toxic player may attempt to linger in and out of a match to prevent SR loss if the remaining members of that team is capable of carrying the match. Long story short, if you have technical malfunctions, fix them to prevent this situation from happening again.

Well, you could give the benefit of the doubt for the first time the player left and if the player leaves more than once then you apply the full penalty. The game is already frustrating as it is with all the throwers, this is just the cherry on top to add to the frustration.

My son’s game was just banned on the switch for 24855 days? This is his first season playing competitive play. I have not seen any response from blizzard as to why he is banned. And looking at my blizzard account online it says the account is not banned!?! Is there some glitch here?

Hello is nobody going to answer? It’s hard enough to get a hold of your blizzard! Go to the articles that don’t have my problem they say. Go reach out in the forums they say. Cmon guys!

Is your son’s account actually banned, or is he just banned from competitive?

If his account has gotten banned
I’d recommend you get ahold of Blizzard by Appealing The Suspension.

Here on the forums Blizzard staff rarely get on so account related issues are more meant to be in the private support system.

If his competitive account is banned
Did your son leave alot of competitive games? If so then it should say he’s banned for the current season. But the text is displaying incorrectly.

Hold in mind that you won’t recieve emails for ingame-suspensions from competitive play.

I do not work for Blizzard, and since this issue hasn’t been adressed before i’m unable to give more assistance than this.

But i’m sure others can help, so i recommend you also open Support Ticket if it isn’t the account that was suspended.