Competitive Arcade Suggestion

I’m typing this while in an (without exaggeration) hour and a half long queue for the current competitive 6v6 elimination mode. My queue time is so long because I’m at 4089 SR, and apparently no one else that is at my rank on Xbox NA is playing right now, so I can’t find a game for the life of me. As someone who tries to get as many competitive/top 500 sprays and icons as possible, this is frustrating because I’m not even sure I’ll be able to complete my 50 games needed to quality for top 500 even though I’d be rank 3 right now if I were eligible. That being said, I suggest that the threshold for competitive arcade modes to be eligible for top 500 is 25 games, not 50. This would result in many less players wasting time in queue, and it would let a lot more people into the top 500 range, making it more competitive. As it stands right now on Xbox, the top 500 leaderboards for arcade never even fill up anymore- the most recent example being comp CTF season 4 which ended with only 222 (less than half) players on the board. Frankly I don’t see why the threshold is set at 50 anyway, for role queue it’s at 25 I believe, and role queue has an insanely greater amount of players than any arcade mode. I hope someone at blizz sees this and considers it, it would save a lot of time and frustration!

If you want to qualify for any arcade comp mode you’re gonna have to get your games in VERY early or just not enough people are going to be playing it. I’m sure that if I tried to play 6v6 right now I’d also have a very long wait just to get into a game, and I’m in the 1000sr area.

I do agree that the threshold for arcade comp modes needs to be lowered just to take into account the smaller player base those types of modes attract.

2 Likes

Yeah, I made the grave mistake of not playing it in the first week. My queues are now 1 hr 45 mins usually. Idk why blizzard hasn’t lowered the threshold but I also don’t know how to bring it to their attention…

1 Like

That’s a hard question to answer and typically it’s either: Try to get a content creator to talk about it, get a pro to talk about it, know someone on the development team, post it everywhere and try to get people behind you.

Posting on the forum gets it in front of a Blizzard Moderator but them bringing it up with the development team is a shot in the dark. Blizzard doesn’t tend to do anything unless there is public outrage.

Yeah it’s really unlikely that it will ever change, even though it makes perfect sense. It will only encourage people to play more if you think about it…but they don’t seem to care I guess. Sad.