Comp Team deathmatch matchmaking

I thought regular comp matchmaking was bad, but man. 30-5 or 5-30 every damn game. Why have 15 second queues into roflstomps? I’ll wait for a balanced match.

I would be fired within an hour if I was as bad at my job as whoever coded the matchmaker is at his.

1 Like

its a new competetive pool dude. no one has an accurate mmr. what did you expect to happen, the game just knows how well you can perform in a new environment?

It’s not new. It’s been out for for years. I’ve done it 3-4 times before. They know my MMR.

On top of that, after losing THIRTY TO ZERO to a four stack, I then lost another game, then queued into the four stack again (left to reset the game). Someone at Blizzard is completely incompetent. This was 15 second queues. A 30 point win should significantly raise all of their MMRs, and significantly lower mine. Then mine should be lowered again after the next loss (30 to 6 I think). There’s no way I had a 40% chance of winning the game. They either have 0 matchmaking at all, or someone accidentally dialed the “fair match vs queue time” slider 100% to the “minimize queue time” setting. I should have a 5 minute queue into a close match, not a 15 second queue time into a waste of everyone’s time.

1 Like

To be fair, there is probably only a few players playing Comp Arcade modes, so its easier to just ship everybody into a match instead of waiting for ever

3 Likes

But they didn’t even try to wait. I’ve had 15 second queues for all of my games (stopped playing after the leave…I’m done). The way a matchmaking algorithm works is it has a variable for the time in queue, and as that goes up, the acceptable fairness of the match decreases. Blizzard themselves said the algorithm is not EVER supposed to let a match start if it slips out of the 40-60% range. But it should start waiting for a 50/50, then say after 2 minutes allow a 55/45, etc. Starting a match in 15 seconds that would be won by one side literally every single time (100% to 0% chance of winning) is pathetic. Maybe turn off the 40-60 cap for arcade comp so it doesn’t fail to find a match, but I should be waiting 10 minutes to get to that point so I have the option of cancelling my queue.

1 Like

thats assuming people return.
no one takes the mode seriously, its in the arcade for a reason.
could even be part of the issue but the fact is, its not a mode that matters simply because it isnt permanent.

2 Likes

Do you just change your argument entirely every time someone refutes what you say? Why say something false in the first place?

So in some way, you’re saying that a MMR reset is bad.

2 Likes

They’re doing one of a few things in this mode:

1. Literally not matchmaking at all. Bad.
  2. Resetting MMR each season. Bad, as you say, because people play so little it’s the same as having no matchmaking.

This is literally what you get without MMR. I thought that’s what you liked?

Your comment in another thread:

You can’t make this sh’t up.

2 Likes

No, it’s absolutely NOT what you get without MMR. Without MMR you use SR. Those people winning 30-5 go up in SR, facing other players who won games vs average players 30-5. When two notably above average teams face each other, they then have closer games. SR balances itself out and creates the most fair games because PEOPLE WHO ARE BETTER WIN AND PEOPLE WHO ARE WORSE LOSE. Are you that dense?

Don’t bother replying; you’re permaignored.

1 Like

You don’t account for human inconsistency in your little equation. People at similar SR perform wildly different at times due to various reasons which leads to the stomps you have experienced.

MMR attempts to account for this inconsistency by looking at your past 2-3 games and matching you accordingly to create a close match.

3 Likes

on the contrary

for many players, the preferred mode of play is in the arcade

Many forum members have expressed preference for roleless queue mode or mystery heroes over the modes available on the main game selection screen

as such, there are many players who take these modes seriously

myself included

2 Likes

correct I also take the mode seriously

Imagine to expect something from matchmaker.
If you don’t want to be just a participant, make your own team and prove that you are better. Or grind solo and don’t complain. A better player wins eventually you know, that is how things work. Nevertheless, 15s q and loose 5-30 is much better than wait 15 mins and get the same.

Change the argument? I offered another reason why it’s bad dude. It doesn’t benefit my first comment in anyway to bring up the fact that the mode is essentially a casual mode with the competitive rewards.

Literally, all I did was bring up another reason for the matchmaker being poor. If anything it gave more credit to ops complaints.

3 Likes

Yep I know what you mean every game I’ve lost I had highest eliminations highest damage but a poo poo team and so far I’ve lost four and won two, and the ones I’ve lost have been ridiculous stomps. It’s pretty crappy.

The worst part is I’m probably going to receive a low rank thanks to just getting unlucky. Not much you can do. Try sacrificing a goat.

Try reading a post before you reply to it, lest you look foolish/unintelligent. I’m winning half of them 30-5. It’s not fun on either side. The matchmaker is just absolutely non-existent. Close, balanced matches are fun. Stomps are not.

And your other argument was again refuted. Next time that happens start with “fair point, but there are other reasons such as…” and you won’t come across like you’re pathetically fishing for ways to counter something for no reason other than to argue.

1 Like

Was it refuted though?
I said it was a new pool. mislabelled, yes, but still effectively true. No one plays on their main anymore. I don’t need any more comp points on my main and neither does anyone else, the games 5 years old. There’s no bragging rights to being t500 comp tdm. If anything you’d get laughed out of the room for spending enough time in the mode to be eligible. Everyone’s on their smurfs or alts. It’s effectively a new pool.
Then the second post,
The only response to that post I saw was from the one I quoted.
All you did was ask if I changed my argument to which I said no.
You decided to call me out on something that I didn’t do and then make me out to be the fool? Are you high?

3 Likes

The above statement is incorrect as I myself do play on my main