Comp Rank Not Changing

Earlier today I got my 5th win to rank up but stayed in the same division. In season 1 I was somewhere in silver/gold (I don’t remember) but after not playing seasons 2 & 3, I’m back at Bronze. I figured the first five wins were just part of the new season’s rankings and getting back into comp, so I kept playing. I just got another 5 wins with 2 losses and I’m still in the same rank. What’s going on?

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue can’t get out of bronze 5. I noticed my stats are massively different when looking on the website vs on PS4. (Not to be confused with console vs PC). I main moria and it doesn’t even show that I played with her at all in competitive.

3 Likes

wish they’d actually fix it like they said they were!

2 Likes

Now repeat this 3 times and you get it

1 Like

I have had 15 total wins, and my rank had not changed from Gold 2. :’)

2 Likes

@Blizzard Support I have downloaded my SR data and I have physical proof that my account is bugged. I am stuck Bronze 5 and might quit the game because of it. Not only am I trapped in the lowest tier of ranked, but it is impossible to climb out of.

2 Likes

They apparently fixes this, this evening it was on Twitter. Hopefully it is fixed I’m about to try yet again.

2 Likes

What are they fixing

2 Likes

I just finished my 5th win with these stats:
E: 10
A: 47
D: 4
DMG: 1,170
H: 21,029
MIT: 0

This was as a full time Mercy (I have 500+ hours on her exclusively, while playing in Console.) To compare, the support I was paired with was an Ana with 11,981 healing, & 4,586 DMG. Died 12 times.
I get to the rank screen, no rank change. It tells me I RANK HIGHER THAN 78% OF PEOPLE IN THIS BRACKET… and yet I don’t rank. I had 5 wins, & 5 losses. (I’m solo queuing in Role queue) this is on top of the 15 wins I already had without ranking up that I mentioned before. There is definitely some kind of bug going on. There’s no other explanation. I just wanna MM with people who know what they’re doing ;A; PLEASE-

1 Like

Blizzard devs: I’ve been stuck in my rank despite winning most of my games. I also don’t see a percentage that compares my rank to others in that division. Can you please look into this? I’ve been stuck at Silver 1 in DPS for SO LONG. I consistently have the best stats in the lobby and we’re winning. Why am I not ranking up?

3 Likes

The minimum value issue for people in bronze 5 that have a ton of invalid games and can actually not rank up. Not sure if it’s happening In other ranks as well.

1 Like

I also don’t see that percentage ever.

1 Like

I have been stuck in bronze 5 for the past two seasons. I win 5 in a row and have an average of 8k healing with a high of 19k my average kills is 8 per game. Overwatch is broke

1 Like

Known bug wasn’t fixed, many threads about it please spread the word.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

I’d call it dev’s issue who can’t understand how their own system works. And who didn’t add 3 additional ranks that bronze5 contains of (bottom500 + 1000 SR: 100 per div)

1 Like

This happened to me too this season. It just started deranking me when I had a postive win rate all the way to bronze 5 71%. 9 evaluations later and it still said bronze 5 71%. 10-0 and it still said bronze 71%. I quit after that. It’s bugged. I’d have to create a new account without my stuff to play the game. It’s BS.

1 Like