Comp needs a hard reset done

Hi post NO 20million on the ALT accounts problem that make SR non existant. Especially on consoles we can make unlimited for free.

THIS GAME SI A NEW GENRE OF FPS (only TM2 is simmilar) so WITHOUT ANY TUTORIALS millions of kids and Adults are inside the stadium with only knowledge of prevuius FPS games were SOLO KILL COUNT was the only goal.

They are going to fix this OR ACTIVISSION the BIG BOSS wil fix it as sales are droping (50% are alt accounts)

hard reset.
[sarcasm] Ah yes, I can’t wait to play with bronze and GM players as a diamond [/sarcasm]

a “hard reset” on SR will do NOTHING other than just make everyone’s games bad for quite a few games before it re-calibrates back to mostly what it was before.

alt-accounts make no difference. it could be the same person on 2 accounts, it could be 2 different people. no changes there.

6 Likes

What? You want an SR reset buy a new account.

Stop being lazy.

1 Like

Pretty much only low rated players would ever ask for this, it also would do nothing for them; as they would fall right back down.

Day where there’s no role queue, the luck of draw factor will be heavy. A hard reset does absolutely nothing, but make high rated players grind longer on existing accounts with MMR they deserve. Lower rated players will fall back down in no time, won’t be much of a change at all.

6 Likes

Uhhhh I don’t know why you’d even suggest this. The system is there for a reason. You don’t want to see a bronze leveled player go against someone in GM. It’d be a steam roll and really would make it unfair. No game ever has thought about “resetting comp” because it’s not a smart idea. If you personally need a reset I’ve heard getting alternate accounts works.

1 Like

These kinda posts always crack me up.

1% of the player base is GM, 8% is bronze.

Literally 88% (as quoted from Jeff Kalpan) are Silver to Diamond. If you actually ended up in a game with a GM during these mythical placements, you should go buy a lotto ticket because 1% of 35 million would mean the odds are so crazy that you might just win the lotto…

1 Like

The odds of this happening are practically non existent… yet so many people post this horrible example…

And what would that do, you want to spend all that money for new accounts. Also, would you like to spend all that time on multiple accounts. Especially if they reset again the following season. How much crap are you willing to do vs. just playing on one account.

No BM intended, but where do you think you would ideally land? Where do you think is appropriate for you to get placed where you think that you would be on the same skill level as other players?

3 Likes

See I can tell its a good thing, based on the fact so many people are against it. As always there argument is oh i don’t want to play against GM’s and stuff. Oh but of course your perfectly ok with keeping your rank against weaker players. Your the exact players this would help from taking advantage of the system.

2 Likes

i have 2 account a main and an alt. the main i just do my placements and leave it alone. the alt is where i genuinely practice heroes i intend to main on my main account. currently at 2800 on my alt and my main sits at 2700 it literally effects no one. if you can explain how im “taking advantage” of the system id be open to hear. im 1000 sr above you btw and would never play with or against you in match because of that gap. how do i affect your gameplay?

You don’t understand how this is a bad idea?

Why not just remove the matchmaking system altogether? Because that’s basically what you are suggesting they do at the start of every season.

This forum would be flooded with posts like “don’t play comp for the first month! And even after the first month it’s gonna be pretty bad!”

I mean they’d probably have to implement some new SR system where players are gaining things like 500 SR for a win just so they can quickly get ranked back to where they belong. Well, if they ever wanted even matches again. And not only would it be hard to tell when a player deserved that much SR, it’s just silly to need to do.

Perfect logic.

7 Likes

No. A hard reset is a very bad idea. It would destroy competitive for MONTHS. It would probably make it borderline unplayable, to be honest. Resetting everything would be essentially deleting thousands of games of data that the MMR system has to know where to match you, and instead giving everybody a rank based off of a total data of 10 games. You will have GM players having to stomp their way out of gold / plat, silver players in master level games because of lucky placement wins, and just a bunch of complete rank inaccuracy for a few months until things level out.

Competitive is already at a pretty low point, but that isn’t due to not resetting MMR. A hard reset would only make the game worse. It would do nothing to fix alt accounts, because there will always be people on their alts who don’t try as hard. The most you can do is report if you think they aren’t abiding by the rules of competitive and hope Blizzard makes an actual meaningful change to the system.

5 Likes

I get your point but with 1% GM players there is actually a 65% chance that you will play with or against at least one GM player during 10 placement matches. It doesn’t matter if there are 1000 players or 35 million players - 1% is still 1%…

3 Likes

It’s about 1 in 8 games lmao it’s not that rare if there are 35,000,000 there would be 350,000 in gm

1 Like

won’t help, the core system is not working, just like QP, it’s just a big mess. reset will do nothing

4 Likes

Can you give some examples please?

2 Likes

Smurfs are a problem, but this doesn’t make any sense. A hard reset would help smurfs. They could throw and crash their MMR in placements, letting them smurf even easier.

The game used to give more draws, people complained, Blizzard specifically changed how game modes work to reduce it. You can’t even get a draw on a payload/koth map, it’s impossible with how they work. And on hybrid/2cp, they have been made very hard to get due to counting incremental progression on points.

Draws aren’t just a factor or game balance, but also game design. Not every game CAN draw.

Competitive is inherently a harsh environment. You can’t win without making someone else lose. You can’t climb without making someone else fall. Sounds like it’s not for you. A MMR reset isn’t some magic fix.

6 Likes

the devs said they would be willing to do a hard reset if we all agreed to immediately play 50 games in a row afterwards.

1 Like

but you want a system that allow this because… reasons?

that’s what I don’t get. WHY do you want a hard reset? how would it help in any way? once you play enough games you will be roughly where you are now, it will be just a hell to get there because of the complete randomness such a system will bring.

well, if season 7 you ended up 2800 and then you lost 10 games in a row, you would be about 2550. so I don’t see a problem with that.

is that a confession?

so the higher your SR, the more money you can spend on the game? I don’t see the logic/reason behind this. people buy multiple accounts for a variety of reasons. Some are fine, some are not. But no matter how many accounts one has, why does it matter? if they are playing to win, what is the difference that those 2 accounts are of the same person or 2 different people?

there are only very few ways matches can draw. Also the MM will do its calculation based on past knowledge. it cannot predict the future. so It cannot tell that a 2800 player will play very good that match (at the skill of a 3000 player) or will play bad (at the skill of a 2500 player).

so, exactly what is currently implement at diamond+ levels?

that’s all from me. I hope you can see why I believe a hard reset is a BAD decision to be made.

2 Likes