Comp ban due to a severe technical issue

I wanted to share my frustrating experience with you all in Season 4 of Overwatch 2. I had just come off of a ban from Season 3 for leaving games, and I learned my lesson. I was playing Orisa on console role queue and had not left any games this season. I was working up from Gold 4 when this unfortunate event happened.

During the final push on a payload map, my game froze completely on my Xbox Series S. I could still hear my team’s communication, and I could hear that we won the game, but I had to restart my game. After logging back in to play more comp, I discovered that I was season banned!

I understand that leaving games can negatively impact the gameplay experience for others, but in this case, I was there for the entire match, including the final push that resulted in a win. It’s frustrating to receive a ban for something that was beyond my control.

4 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here is a link to my post in case you would like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

Same here, game randomly froze and I got disconnected. When I logged back in, I was banned for Season 4.

1 Like