Community Update - 2022 in-game events (retail)

I dont fully understand

16 Likes

Recycled content became even more recycled

Btw the most popular is definitely Pink Mercy Just fact

58 Likes

Hijaking my original post to say what this basically is:
Anniversary Remix will function like the usual seasonal Anniversary event.
It will replace the next 3 seasonal events, so thats 3 anniversary events this year.
The weekly challenges will feature previous limited time event skins.
Remixed skins are edits of selected existing legendary skins, those skins will be in lootboxes.
Each event will have new 6 remixed legendaries and will last 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Remix skins sound cool I guess.

So, are the Archive missions on a rotation now instead of being availble every single day now?

2 Likes

Yes, the Archives event itself is not returning, but the Archives PVE modes will appear to play on certain days during this new event.

14 Likes

I don’t think so unfortunately because that was a collab with LEGO and not a seasonal event-based weekly challenge skin.

I suppose the Goth Zarya skins didn’t cut the mustard

8 Likes

Lol that second reply on Twitter is gold

3 Likes

Think of it just like how the normal Anniversary event ran the last few years where they swapped between all of the seasonal brawls each day. I think the question is whether there will be more of the seasonal brawls to choose from.

3 Likes

So by remixed skins you mean recolors of existing legendaries? Or will their be small changes to the models too?

For example, I would love to see all of Rein’s helmeted skins without helmets, as well as the other way around. In the Brigitte gameplay trailer we saw the standard Rein skin without helmet, so I’m guessing that model already exists.

1 Like

well they are removing 3 events which means none of the usual event emotes/voice lines/intros and such…we still get the game modes but thats a bit of a bummer

13 Likes

This is interesting… but it makes me wonder if archive and summer games will return for OW2 then afterwards :thinking:

So no new skin for 3 event? Just probably recolor of older skin? I Hope It Is not like this, Will be the recycle of all recycle

6 Likes

Will there be cross progression in OW2 as I played lots on console and have recently switched to pc and have lost all of my skins

8 Likes

For each Anniversary remix, three popular mini-event skins will make a limited time return and can obtained by completing their specific challenges.

If possible, Inferno Junkrat skin from Halloween please!

6 Likes

The development team have not confirmed any plans for cross-progression for Overwatch at this time

Great, so instead of having 3 weeks to play any of the Archives missions now we have to wait for the same rotation used with Anniversary. The remix skins are a neat concept but at this point they probably wont be too far off from “Recycled lazy content”.

The one good thing from this is the return of some weekly skins, so good job, Archives fas F up again.

16 Likes

So i’m going to be a negative nancy and ask about the pink mercy icon and twitch sprays, i guess the obvious answer is that they won’t return but i still want to ask.

I don’t want to know about the skin, just the twitch stuff…

I am a little bummed out that there won’t be any archives event this times and i’m also a little confused but excited at the same time about these “remix skins”

Pink Mercy was not part of any given seasonal event so do not expect that skin to be returning in these promotions.

8 Likes