Community-Made Heroes?

I was wondering: Will Blizzard ever make a heroes that was designed by the community? I believe there are a lot of ideas out there, waiting to be realized!

Not likely. Their policy on this stuff is very against it. They love and appreciate it, but they won’t use any heroes made by fans. Maybe elements or ideas from a hero, but probably not the hero itself

4 Likes

That’s disheartening…

I mean I think they said they had the next 50 heroes planned out already, so they’re already too busy with developing them to take any ideas. :0

But, hey, the world could always use more artists and game developers! Why not go into that field? C:

2 Likes

Don’t let that stop you from making them though. If you want to make games or something with characters this is a good way to get started. Plus there are hero concept contests (unofficial ones) on Reddit and the forums used to have a showcase run by me and PyroPanda (I think he stopped with it. If I have the time in the future I’ll start it back up)

I currently am trying my hand at coding and am having fun with it. Perhaps one day I can build my own game development studio that rivals Blizzard >:3

1 Like

Yeah I just made a topic about adding a hero with strafe jump ability. Let me know what you guys think.

heck ye C:<
j-just don’t merge with activision, pls :C

Here this is the link to the last showcase that was never really finished. Hero Concept Showcase #2: Talon Tank

I was thinking about a character that uses remote Shield/Blade bits that can either form a shield like Reinhardt or toss them like Zen. Those bits are the resource to be managed. In addition, those tossed bits can be thrown out and stick to walls, and can be stepped on.

Maybe as a fun addon, he should be able to let his allies stand on those bits while he throws them out, kinda like rocket-riding in fortnite XD

No they already have the next 6 heroes in development, which is pretty much 2 years of heroes as it is.

Sadly no, mainly because if they do one, there will some entitled creator who thinks their hero should’ve been chosen instead.

That kind of stuff happens. It is to be expected especially if it was a contest.

Given their hero release rate… I don’t think this game is gonna last another 15-20 years.

Hello Overwatch fans who still play in 2021, I’m here because I want to share with you my idea for a new hero for Overwatch or maybe Overwatch 2. I´m developing that character for a long time and I don´t have a poster or an image of the hero but I have an idea for the design. So enjoy it! ( I know Blizzard will not use a fan-made hero, but I’m just to share to all of you)

Name: Lightning
Nationality: Brazilian and American
The base of operations: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Backstory: Pedro borns in São Paulo, son of an active American soldier of Overwatch called Peter ´Striker´ Wilson, who is married to a Brazilian called Viviane da Silva. But 5 years later after the birth, Pedro and his family moved to Rio de Janeiro besides the financial difficulties caused by the Omnic Crisis and the job offer to Pedro´s mother at Vishkar´s new base, there he meets new friends, including his best friend Lúcio Correia dos Santos and them made a big friendship together until today. Pedro´s big dream was always to be an international racer driver in Formula 1, but his dad doesn´t approve of that wish because he always wanted him to be a soldier and posteriorly get into Overwatch in the future, although that Viviane, with the financing of her job, give them hope for Pedro to his future. Suddenly, years later after coming to Rio, Viviane received a call from the commander and his friend of Overwatch Jack Morrison, he said tragic news,’’ Hello Viv, it´s so sad to say that, but your husband Peter Wilson, unfortunately, is dead. He was at an operation in Monte Carlo when an unknown Talon sniper at the high of a building, my feelings for you, Pedro, and his family’’, after that he and her mom started to cry a lot, and was really difficult to Pedro´s family to sustain a life without Peter, but confident and responsible he continue with head up and try to pass and honor the symbol of his father to the sport, like using the number 95, it was Peter´s candidate number at the American Army. So years later father´s death and of training, Pedro moved to Europe to pass to Formula 1 with 20 years specific to the team PWang Motors, and after that, his career took off, winning almost all the races of his first season and became a rookie sensation and the first rookie to being a champion at the first time. But Pedro´s personality was difficult because he doesn´t have teammates with arrogance and thinking only of himself. But 2 years after the first title, Pedro´s life will change everything at a simple race in Switzerland, everything was ok but after lap 37 of 74, a snipper of Talon called Widowmaker, previously Amelie Lacroix, get one shot precise at Pedro´s car and almost was at his head and the bullet cause a break of the control of the car and Pedro can´t drive more and he hit a curve very fast and happened a horrible crash and Pedro was very hurt and can´t move. But at the circuit arrived Dr.Ziegler (Mercy) who was invited to help and assistance during the emergency, Pedro had many hurts in the body but because of a miracle, he survived the crash and pass 3 months recovering and thinking more of the security and how to change the thinking, so after sometime later go back to the races with a big change in his personality and drive, more humble, determined and intelligent, surprising the team and the other drivers, his crash and success make him being famous worldwide, receiving more respect from the rivals and celebrities. Some day after a victory in his fourth championship title, Dr.Ziegler who being monitoring him and being a personal friend discovered an anomaly in his body, the cells have a type of substance similar to Jack Morrison and Gabriel Reyes had, and Viviane, Pedro´s mother revealed, Pedro has the same improvement of his father acquire at the Soldier Enhancement Program when was younger, genetic improved. Pedro thought-about to protect the people as a vigilant, but Ziegler said this is too dangerous and doesn´t have experience with fight and combat, so he had the better idea, was to hide his identity and act out of the races if necessary. So, he invented a nanotechnology suit with a speedster installed, Pedro besides being famous and race around the world, defends and protects anyone who is in danger and preserves the peace as his dad did.

Function: DPS
Health: 200

Curiosities: He´s inspired by three characters: one is the real-life racer driver who I’m a fan of and of most famous F1 deceased driver Ayrton Senna, Lightning McQueen, and Peter Parker´s personality being intelligent and hide his identity to protect the people who he loves.

Weapon: Rapid Machine Gun

First ability: Boost Attack
Pedro runs at a high speed and hits nearby enemies with 50 of damage. It charges again in 5 seconds

Second ability: Disco Mortal
Pedro launches his disc and moves as a boomerang and damages the enemy with 50 of damage. It charges again in 3 seconds

Third ability: Photo-Shield
Pedro can protect his allies with a capsule that acts to protect the body from shots. Receiving 20 of shield. It charges again in 5 seconds

Ultimate: Speed Time
Pedro activates a gadget in his suit that stops the time for the team for 5 seconds and gives him more damage to kill the enemy team.

Blizzard don’t engage with and embrace their fans in a genuine way.
But yes with the community being brought in we could have had 10 well-suited heroes. Shame.

I know it, just like I wrote at the beginning of the post, I´m just showing and demonstrating my hero idea for the game and to the community. Not to Blizzard approve and use that model and u are right, Blizzard almost never has respect and affection with us as fans of the game.