Cole Cassidy….. I Love It!

But then his initials wouldn’t be CC.

I guess there will be no new updated interaction / announcer voicelines available at the release of Cassidy’s new name? Will Echo still say “Cowboy” when cloning as example?

Yes.

Echo now says “Duplicating Cassidy!” if I remember the updated VO correctly.

14 Likes

i’ve know about the outlaws butch cassidy and the sundance kid through movie culture and just hearing people talk about it. never even sat and watched a movie about him or read actual history so i just read the whole wikipedia page about butch cassidy and its pretty interesting. up to where they supposedly fled to south america and supposedly got into a gunfight with south american law enforcement and killed themselves.

its all just “speculation” since no one really knows but thats the outlaw fantasy about the whole thing. kind of like if billy the kid was shot by pat garret or they staged his death and he lived to be a old man sort of thing

Hope Blizzard won’t turn on their weird tolerance or what do they have nowdays (cringe) and won’t ban players for using McCree’s real name, not that W.I.T.C.H girl name…

Gosh… Cassidy… such a facepalm

At this point, I tend to think most history about the American Wild-West has become more story than history.

14 Likes

Ah cool! Can we expect some interaction added over the next months or is everything is reserved for the OW2 release? :smiley: I kinda liked all of the Cowboy interactions and it feels empty without them

Will the older interactions return with the name being updated? There were so many i loved especially the Orisa-McCree one

So, the McCree, I mean Cole Cassidy story-arc can come?

1 Like

still just going to use mcree. the name change was only for owl casters clout chasing on twitter and since the only people who watch owl are afk token farmers the change is pointless and dumb.

well its also in consideration of the employees who where victimized…
i think it makes sense even if it s a bit of a pitty…

In a ideal world i think the irl guy should be forced to change names… and maybe live under a bridge…

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying that. Also thanks for the activity in the forum!

1 Like

That was hilarious reading such. Commence to the uncontrollable laughter imagining such.

Y’all should just do it tbh :rofl:

3 Likes

This edit note should be pinned on the forums and every social media platform OW is a part of lol

good because i know ill slip up a ton by typing mccree in chat ingame or typing mccree on the forums. was kind of wondering about this… if people will still refer to him as mccree on the forums or get in trouble for that :upside_down_face:

Ah, so he’s named after the amateur wrestler on Weekend Wrestling now?

Pretty cool sounding name ngl. Personally I like McCree more since is sounds more cowboy like but who cares.

Gotta ask, when I see a blue-post do it, what’s the point in a 20 character limit if everyone types, (20 characters)? Just remove it at that point.

“Cassidy is gone, there’s only Carnage!

rolls, flashbang and fan the hammer for days

I just realised this is the 1st hero to have a name starting with C.