Clearly blizzard doesn't care about anything anyone is saying

what are talking about lol

3 Likes

i got pissed because of this yeaterday and i am flaiming whole day today… there is absolutley ZERO communication

at least 15% of threads should have some involvement of blizz employees… but there is none
once a month some dev will jump in, say a sentence or few words and thats it

2 Likes

But the people on these forums are such a small % of the overall players in Overwatch. It is only like 3-5% of all the existing accounts.

4 Likes

because those are devoted fans, people who care… and we are treated like S honestly

3 Likes

I would thumb it down if I could. It’s a badly written post with a padded list of baseless and rhetorical complaints posted and debunked in dozens of other threads. People praising are those ready to pounce on blizzard because they’re salty their mains change and can’t cope or just want new mini content (which is fine to ask for) but obviously a game like this doesn’t need or require. Blizzard doesn’t need to make some statement about something thats spammed all the time and that they’ve already made comments on.

6 Likes

I could pull about 5 more posts with this many likes if you like. And here I say again Blizzard doesn’t release a public statement. They do not care as long as people buy loot-boxes they can continue funding Overwatch League, why is Overwatch League so important to them? Well the US government now recognizes esports teams as athletes and people can now get scholarships and stuff for school for being good. So think of it like the next NBA and Blizzard is trying to secure their spot at the top.

5 Likes

Blizzard will run their own game how they choose. If they really want to base running the game off a thread that has 300, or 120 likes then ok, but their player base is hundreds of thousands if not millions of people. They’re supposed to heed to .5% of the player base because…?
They can obviously take into consideration what people post and say but they can’t balance around such a small percentage of people. They can’t please everyone.

This is true, very much so and applies to a lot of problems with Overwatch.

This works with balance, but this isn’t vault balance.

I’m very sure that most people, even if they like the event, know it’s lakcluster.

Other then new people who are playing it for the first time.

Blizz cheaped our on this one, no doubt about it. I’m hoping that isn’t the case with the next ones.

Only time willl tell😄

3 Likes

there should be people who see this negative reaction and COMMUNICATE WITH US
'hey guys, we tried to do this and that, but it failed, it was not good quality so we only gave you lucioball because it was good"
etc.
there is none of that
simple communication fails

no wonder people are getting pissed (me included)

1 Like

I think they will leave the game like it is, until it reaches dead bottom. At which point they will massively change things to make them good, or at least their version of good and try to attract new people in the game.
They did this with SC2, SC, WoW, HOTS what makes you think this game will be different?
Time after time, they pull the same trick on their playerbase and everyone falls for the same trick.
WoW after WoD had lost more than 65% of it’s playerbase. Their numbers were so low that they had to merge servers. Servers that used to be full and high traffic were so low that got merged with 10 other servers that were also dead to create one meh server. But more on this later. Let’s have a look on what they have done so far.

SC had a great thriving e-sports scene, huge crowd and huge following on the Asian markets (every marketing managers dream) and they found a way to “blizz” it. Balance after balance update, the game got worse, dumped down until the meta was literally a rush with more units. Gone were the days of insane strategies pulled from White-Ra out of nowhere that would leave people looking as if they seen an alien.

Extra Credit for letting Dota die Yeah i will go there too. They had icefrog who created the first and best moba in the world based on a mod of Warcraft, but when ice asked them for funding and a position at blizzard to keep dota alive and slowly transition it to dota 2, they showed him the door. Of course about half a year later, dota was dead, LoL was invented and the rest is history. Why did they do that? Who knows they sure did “blizz” it though.

Then we moved to SC2, a few failed attempts at reviving the e-sports scene, by smaller players in the industry was enough for them to revoke any rights for people to create, LAN events and small scale championships, that btw happened right around the time, EU was begging for an RTS e-sports scene revival and costs of gaming rigs had gone down even the poorest countries in EU could afford gaming rigs… Well they killed that one before it was even born. Once again they “blizzed” it.

Finally we have WoW, the best MMO ever created (no i will not have a debate on that with any of you- it is the best MMO). Things were great until WotLK. Then suddenly we got changes in how skill trees work, dumped down classes, cookie cutter skills (a set of skill that is the best and there is 0 point in running anything else ever), fewer things for gamers to do (in order to release more dlcs-expansions etc), fewer things to farm for (remember the hunter farm of spirit beast in cata? i member, meber the introduction of locks on heroics? i member). They sure did “blizz” that, until they got it right with the second half of Legion and now BFA (we will see how that goes).

Basically they have ruined their own games. I do not know why or what makes them do this. For OW i do not know if this project was cursed from the begging (ex project titan) or if the game is a team based game in an era where individuality and freedom in gaming is more valued than comradery. It could be that they want this game to fail and move on to the next, maybe a BR of sorts. Who knows? The point is they have done it before and they will do it again.

2 Likes

There are people all over the place here, on reddit, on eu forums, on discord so no its not just .5% you can go on youtube will find everyone is talking about the lacklusterness

It’s because people didn’t get what they wanted.
I just want people to be positive, but then I see the forums. Every day there has to be something to complain about instead of just making suggestions. They could have constructive criticism instead of complaining (there’s a difference).
I am very happy with the state of Overwatch right now, but hey, that’s what I think.

1 Like

The world isn’t sugar and rainbows, if you sell crap to people, people will say that it’s crap.

EDIT: Or you would like people to positive when battlefront 2 happend. If people didn’t spit out the truth with adding sprinkles on it that game would still be pay2win.

You don’t always get what you want, okay?
I feel like one the only people who likes this year’s Summer Games event.

There can be negativity, I get it. But this is too much.

You know, I’d understand somewhat if it was like…the forum saying “We want Bastion buffed” and the devs were like “We disagree !”

But it seems to be more like…long bouts of radio silence…on everything

• Balance
    • Lore
    • Events
    • Bugs

Like honestly, who are they pleasing at this point

1 Like

So what about hero bugs that still aren’t addressed? New content aside, expecting the game to work properly is a pretty basic thing to expect from a video game you buy.

2 Likes

Oh no! In a game with millions of players, a few hundred agree on something? Call the queen! Summon the agents! Code red; we need to fix this immediately or Overwatch will die!

/s

Like… Really? Really? Add to this that opinions on whether the game is awful or great, and what makes it awful or great are wildly varied and often conflicting. What exactly do you think is the clear, actionable thing that needs to do to save what is apparently a dying game that needs a press release to save it?

Bugs are an issue but a lot of them aren’t game breaking to the extreme that it always ruins the gaming experience for me that others here claim. I do want and hope for them to be corrected eventually if its actively in development. Regardless, I still play games decades old with bugs in them and enjoy them so its not going to force me to quit like many others claim. I’m not going to expect absolute excellence otherwise call it a terrible game that doesn’t seem fair. I study coding/programming and game design in college so I have a bias with developers on the difficulty in addressing these issues because I get it.

Also, a lot of these issues are reiterated again and again as a strategical means to bloat their arguments as if it give extra validation to a complaint such as “I don’t like the current mercy - oh and what about all these bugs!”. I roll my eyes at these types of posts.

You should really look-up the Reinhardt bugs, then. It’s hilariously broken, and has lost people games.

I usually just link one example, but there’s so many I’d rather just direct you to a bunch of them

None of that is acceptable, especially when you realize some of these things have been problems for 2 years.

1 Like

Sorry next time we will get millions to agree on and leave a like.
Do youtube channels with millions of followers count?
How about pro players with thousands of followers on every single social media?
Live streamers like Tim, seagull, dspStanky and about 60 more?
How about OWL numbers on the last day of final being lower than Fortnite on a regular night? I guess that is just coincidence.
Oh no Delthor, says our opinions do not matter!! Call the Queen! Summon the agents! Code rainbow! We need to fix this immediately or our ego will die!