Clearly blizzard doesn't care about anything anyone is saying

You don’t always get what you want, okay?
I feel like one the only people who likes this year’s Summer Games event.

There can be negativity, I get it. But this is too much.

You know, I’d understand somewhat if it was like…the forum saying “We want Bastion buffed” and the devs were like “We disagree !”

But it seems to be more like…long bouts of radio silence…on everything

• Balance
    • Lore
    • Events
    • Bugs

Like honestly, who are they pleasing at this point

1 Like

So what about hero bugs that still aren’t addressed? New content aside, expecting the game to work properly is a pretty basic thing to expect from a video game you buy.

2 Likes

Oh no! In a game with millions of players, a few hundred agree on something? Call the queen! Summon the agents! Code red; we need to fix this immediately or Overwatch will die!

/s

Like… Really? Really? Add to this that opinions on whether the game is awful or great, and what makes it awful or great are wildly varied and often conflicting. What exactly do you think is the clear, actionable thing that needs to do to save what is apparently a dying game that needs a press release to save it?

Bugs are an issue but a lot of them aren’t game breaking to the extreme that it always ruins the gaming experience for me that others here claim. I do want and hope for them to be corrected eventually if its actively in development. Regardless, I still play games decades old with bugs in them and enjoy them so its not going to force me to quit like many others claim. I’m not going to expect absolute excellence otherwise call it a terrible game that doesn’t seem fair. I study coding/programming and game design in college so I have a bias with developers on the difficulty in addressing these issues because I get it.

Also, a lot of these issues are reiterated again and again as a strategical means to bloat their arguments as if it give extra validation to a complaint such as “I don’t like the current mercy - oh and what about all these bugs!”. I roll my eyes at these types of posts.

You should really look-up the Reinhardt bugs, then. It’s hilariously broken, and has lost people games.

I usually just link one example, but there’s so many I’d rather just direct you to a bunch of them

None of that is acceptable, especially when you realize some of these things have been problems for 2 years.

1 Like

Sorry next time we will get millions to agree on and leave a like.
Do youtube channels with millions of followers count?
How about pro players with thousands of followers on every single social media?
Live streamers like Tim, seagull, dspStanky and about 60 more?
How about OWL numbers on the last day of final being lower than Fortnite on a regular night? I guess that is just coincidence.
Oh no Delthor, says our opinions do not matter!! Call the Queen! Summon the agents! Code rainbow! We need to fix this immediately or our ego will die!

Yeah, I’m familiar with some of these bugs, I did mained him for a couple earlier competitive seasons. Never the less I still managed to climb with him and have fun. His bugs aren’t so frequent and game breaking that prevents him from being one of the highly required and used characters of the recent season.

That is just rude. Why are you on the forums then?

Honestly, a few thousand would actually be notable; it doesn’t need to be millions. I’m just pointing out that a few hundred likes on a thread complaining about the game doesn’t mean its dying. Even a few thousand doesn’t mean the game is dead; it just means that there’s some kind of consensus on a particular issue.

Not everyone who is subscribed to a YouTube channel or following a Twitch streamer agrees with everything that person says. I’m subscribed to several who I generally agree with, but still regularly disagree with.

Isn’t there a video for what the Op is saying?
Oh yeah this

People in the chat agreed when said streamers and youtubers and even news blogs said OW now is dying. Probably you are not subscribed to them huh?
Also the numbers combined are more than thousands. You can’t demand everyone presses a like on something they agree. Not everyone reads the same posts or watches the same videos and/or streamers.
Also wanna take a look at the stock of the company perhaps? Cause i’m up for that also if you want further proof. Maybe their financial records from 2017-18?

Wait wait. Please don’t try to censor criticism. Freedom of speech is important here. Literally a huge purpose of this forum is for people to voice criticisms as a paying customer. I’ve paid probably over 300 dollars in lootboxes to be honest. I don’t regret it, I’ve played this game for a long time and I like my loot, I liked the idea of supporting this game when I did buy lootboxes. I do not buy lootboxes anymore. I feel like I am entitled to voice criticism toward a game I have invested over a thousand hours playing, and paid more than the average player pays, to support. Loot is nice but I only justified the purchase because I really felt it was a game worth supporting.

1 Like

I’m not demanding anything. Merely pointing out the absurdity of declaring that the game is dying every time a negative post gets a few up votes or a popular streamer says so.

That kind of stuff has been happening for the entire lifetime of the game. Yet, it continues to live on.

Instead of trying to sensationalize every bit of negativity, why not just contribute to the discussion of the game’s flaws? That way, we might have more meaningful discourse and less angry yelling that doesn’t communicate much of anything beyond “We’re upset.”

If it has likes then it must be everyone’s opinion right?

How’s that working out for Hillary Clinton.

Because there is no point in doing that. The devs do not listen to any feedback. Even if we did manage though to somehow have such a discussion i am more than certain that certain types of people will pop mid conversation and try to derail it, like it happens of so often around here. Said people will start accusing everyone of being a “crybaby”, “entitled brat”, “asking for free stuff”, “unskilled”, “low rank”, “too high rank” etc. Because sadly in the forums the one place where a discussion should be possible, seems like the mods look the other way when bullying and curse words get thrown around from blizzard defenders. Case in point 2 hours ago there was an antisemtic post from one of the well known blizz whiteknights. The post was massively flagged, said person still in forums defending.

It’s not just a one time phenomenon, or something that happens sporadically. It is not even something that you cannot see or measure. It happens every day, people have quit, lots of people have quit to be honest. People that have huge massive followings have quit. Variety streamers that used to stream once a week OW are not even bothering with the game anymore. The stock is barely up from a 4 week slide, the financial data indicate a decline in earnings and investments and generally things do not look bright on any front for the game.
Even the communication from the devs has been less, to the point of non existent.

Believe it or not, people that complain love this game. They do not do it to make it die. Games do not die from posts on social media, forums, news channels, blogs, financial journals etc. Games die when customers leave because they are not being heard and because issues are not being fixed.
That is why Fortnite is so big and will continue to be huge. Because devs listen to the community. It’s always the same thing that kills a game.

The negativity is not because of a stupid event or stupid skins. It does not come from those factors. It stems from deeper more present and pressing issues that have been plaguing this game for far too long.

2 Likes

TBH though I love lucio ball. I liberally use the TURN IT UP IN MY HEADPHONES voiceline when something is going down.

1 Like

What everybody is forgetting is Activision. They are causing Blizzard to change their Agenda from support to money. If you want a good game just know that Activision is the problem.

2 Likes

Both mine and JellyandJam’s posts became some of the highest upvoted posts of all time on this forum in a single day, yet we haven’t got a response.

The devs would rather comment on how Torbjorn sleeps.

1 Like

She won the peoples vote but then again trump still won, so that clearly meant that peoples votes don’t matter. Any other questions.