Cheaters in Overwatch!

Hello together I would like to address the problem with the cheaters in Overwatch because I’m just annoyed about it.

I see more and more cheaters in Overwatch now, it’s really embarrassing that Blizzard’s Anti-Cheat just can’t detect them, I have a good example.

I’m playing a ranked match with an opposing Widowmaker, the said player named “######” is playing in the opposing team as a Widowmaker, his profile is public and I can already see that he has over 60% Critical Hits with Widow which is just IMPOSSIBLE! His account is somewhere around lvl 600. As soon as the first push comes he distributes 3 instant headshots, one even on me as speedboosted lucio on a wall and that while he jumps with the grappling in the air. As if that wasn’t enough, the whole match goes on.
Later he switches to Hanzo, there he hits 90% of all shots and only headshots, he also knows about every position of us and always preshots us. When we call him a hacker, he didn’t even deny it! He said that he uses a hack called Hyperflick and Blizzard doesn’t do anything about it anyway, he’s already been reported 100 times and his account is still active because Blizzard’s anti-cheat program is just too stupid.

Sorry, but just for this statement, Blizzard would have to go red!!! How can it be that a cheater who has such exaggeratedly good stats can still gamble and hasn’t been banned?? Maybe Blizzard can have a look at this hyperflick and take action against it?!!!

I’m asking you to do something about it. Overwatch is really a very good game, but the cheaters are getting more and more frequent and somehow after these statements I feel that nothing is being done about it.
Have you had such experiences or do you only know Hyperflick, is Blizzard aware of the whole thing? In a way, it’s very inconspicuous and hard to see, but if you have such stats, it should automatically lead to a ban or am I wrong?

1 Like

I think they moved many ressources to overwatch2 like they did with OWL and since then we got less skins and recycled ones … the Anti-Cheat must be worked on all the time i guess they just stopped.

1 Like

Hello together I would like to address the problem with the cheaters in Overwatch because I’m just annoyed about it.

I see more and more cheaters in Overwatch now, it’s really embarrassing that Blizzard’s Anti-Cheat just can’t detect them, I have a good example.

I’m playing a ranked match with an opposing Widowmaker, the said player named “######” is playing in the opposing team as a Widowmaker, his profile is public and I can already see that he has over 60% Critical Hits with Widow which is just IMPOSSIBLE! His account is somewhere around lvl 600. As soon as the first push comes he distributes 3 instant headshots, one even on me as speedboosted lucio on a wall and that while he jumps with the grappling in the air. As if that wasn’t enough, the whole match goes on.
Later he switches to Hanzo, there he hits 90% of all shots and only headshots, he also knows about every position of us and always preshots us. When we call him a hacker, he didn’t even deny it! He said that he uses a hack called Hyperflick and Blizzard doesn’t do anything about it anyway, he’s already been reported 100 times and his account is still active because Blizzard’s anti-cheat program is just too stupid.

Sorry, but just for this statement, Blizzard would have to go red!!! How can it be that a cheater who has such exaggeratedly good stats can still gamble and hasn’t been banned?? Maybe Blizzard can have a look at this hyperflick and take action against it?!!!

I’m asking you to do something about it. Overwatch is really a very good game, but the cheaters are getting more and more frequent and somehow after these statements I feel that nothing is being done about it.
Have you had such experiences or do you only know Hyperflick, is Blizzard aware of the whole thing? In a way, it’s very inconspicuous and hard to see, but if you have such stats, it should automatically lead to a ban or am I wrong?

Made the paragraphs easier to read, plus blurred out the persons name because on the forums youre not allowed to call out people by name

2 Likes

I think you read my mind. I was going to say use the enter key, and as I was typing new lines appeared. I’m freaked out now.

Thank you sir, and I am sorry I used a translator for it because I also posted it on the german forum :slight_smile:

Blizzard won’t do anything about the cheaters, honestly, you’re wasting your time. Even in-game reporting doesn’t result in actual punishment. It’s frustrating because in the year and a half I’ve been playing Overwatch on PC, I have rarely seen a legit cheater. However since 2/2/2 for whatever reason, I see them every 5 games or so.

Maybe when Overwatch goes F2P, they’ll care about the cheating problem.

2 Likes

There’s this streamer called Kragie that puts cheater reviews on his YT

It’s crazy how many he has encountered recently

Usually hacking Widows or Crees

How can people do that -.- even on stream.

I’m seeing a ton of cheaters too. Doomfists who auto-lock onto players 90+ degrees to their side after an uppercut, Reapers who instantly lock onto players more than 90 degrees beside them after shadowstepping without actually moving their camera (a literal warping aim.)

Cheaters are using heroes it’s difficult to detect it on, but if you look at the kill-cam it becomes blatantly obvious.

Doomfist is already making me want to quit as badly as old Brigitte did, and I didn’t play for months at a time back then.

There are too many cheat defenders who pretend you’re crazy for thinking someone is cheating, but ultimately it’s the same as shaming someone into agreeing with you.

Laugh at me all you want for accusing people of cheating, and while my judgement is not 100% accurate, I’m certain at least a portion of my guesses are correct; it doesn’t help that many/most of them are sub-level 30, and the rest are sub-100…I’m much more careful about reporting those with high level accounts, but there have been a few. (Obviously not naming them; not that I wrote them down or anything.)

Either way, I may take a long break from OW; the current state is incredibly frustrating even without cheaters.

/endrant.

3 Likes

They wont do anything against the Hackdevs as they just bring Blizz more money if they just ban the actual players that hack, you have to keep in mind that youre still talking about a company here man.

They do, as long you report these sites.

The email you mentioned - hacks@blizzard.com - can be used to report any kind of violation of the game terms of use and code of conduct, including third party websites selling accounts or offering boosting services for real money.

If you ever notice anything like that please do not hesitate in sending the information to the email address above and the appropriate team will take a look as quickly as possible ^^

In some cases sadly there are lenghty legal procedures to follow before something can be done, but please rest assured that we always do whatever possible to stop or limit any kind of service that violates the game rules.

Quoted from: Customer Support (TICKET)

(Also just a reminder for the future, i’d recommend you create a seperate thread. This thread is 8 months old, this can mean the post is outdated and not relevant anymore. Information can be wrong and can cause issues hence why necro-bumps aren’t allowed)
\ \ Refer to: Welcome to General Discussion - Please Read!